Why is everyone trying to change the game?

What is the problem? Either play the game or don’t. Go back to D3 or wait for D4. But please shut the hell up and let this game be, it’s a remaster not a ball of putty that you can mold to create something it was never intended to be.

You seem to forget it’s a REMASTER not a REMAKE. What are you actually complaining about? What did you expect??? Don’t play the game if you don’t like it!?

I swear it’s a bunch of people that have grown tired of D3 and want the flashy new project to be D3.5. You had your time in the lime light and 95% of people that liked D2 disliked D3, we couldn’t change your game and you should not be able to change ours.

Boohoo, you’re too slow to pick up items. Make a private game or play single player. Awh, you died because someone killed you? :frowning: that’s terrible, go play single player or make a private game.

The solutions to your problems are already implemented in the game, but you are so used to having your butts powdered every time you whine that nothing can satisfy you.

This game at its core is good enough to warrant a remaster 20 years later, eventually you people making changes are just creating a whole new game. Take advantage of that with D4. Leave D2 alone.

108 Likes

I like D3 but i dont whant big changes for d2 the only thing i like with A change is auto gold pick eveything else let it stay .

15 Likes

Diablo 3 was not adapted to the wishes of the Diablo 2 players so Diablo 2 R is not adapted to the wishes of Diablo 3 Casuals either. end

23 Likes

I think it is because many veteran D2 players realize that D2/D2:LoD had both strengths and weaknesses. D2R provides a golden opportunity to improve the game.

32 Likes

Are you a Diablo 2 veteran?
I see your posts here all the time … ???

1 Like

Me? Indeed, I started when D2 LOD was released and put thousands of hours in

1 Like

Thousands of hours in D2/D2:LoD
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
I bought the collector’s edition on D2 launch day and waited in line at Best Buy before the store opened to get it.

Oh, you like to click on items’ names instead of playing in action RPG game, so why don’t you install some clicker game and do not leave action RPG to those who would like to actually slain monster, and hunt for items fairly?

4 Likes

I’ve played Diablo 2 for tens of thousands of hours, and I can still show you my expired characters from the last D2 ladder - and I’m constantly reading your ploot posts here. Are you also a Diablo 3 player?

1 Like

…because… the game I want to play is literally already made and fine as is…?

Not really sure where you’re going with this?

2 Likes

Ok. I’m on US East. I will open a ladder expansion game with my level 90 sorceress on normal difficulty for you to visit. The game name is Spirit1234. No password.

Please join me.

2 Likes

im EU player ofc - u have to come non ladder - read my post correct. my old ladder chars have expired - should now be non ladder.

But that’s not my concern - As a “hardcore” Diablo 2 veteran, I definitely can’t understand how to put Diablo 2 at the risk of changing it in such a way that it can destroy the whole game.
I can’t believe there are veterans out there who support such nonsense.

10 Likes

yeah this guy from Diablo 3 really comes here to spend his time to change a 20 year old game, he didn’t play Diablo 2 at all. (/sarcasm)

1 Like

If you look at my posts, I advocate for a strict remaster realm and a separate modern realm with more optional choices. I want players who prefer no/minimal changes to have that option. I also have the wisdom that optional changes in a modern realm is ok since you would have to opt in.

Nothing changes in the strict remaster realm so there is nothing to worry about if you pick that realm.

I agree, the games already in shambles with this last ladder change, main reason being no one here is guiding them in the right direction on how to make the new ladder better. I suggested some things and you guys ignored it, so I guess we’re just going to let these random devs who may not have played or experienced D2 the same way as you/we did just figure it out themselves.

Yeah the Beta was boring for me as well, I played for 15 minutes and went to go find something better to do.

I think it’s because People want a fresher experience, after all the OG diablo 2 will be still there for old and legacy stuff, this ain’t the same as WC3R where they destroyed the old game.

D2 classic and D2R are different, and can co-exist. so people could expect a bit of change, seeig that the original experiencie is right there.

4 Likes

“Why is everyone trying to change the game?”
Very simple. Most of them are now bored in d3 so till d4 comes out they need something new. But the game is just too hard for them so change the game till its basicly d3 and after d4 is released “abandon ship”.

9 Likes

I haven’t seen all of your posts - those where you speak PRO Ploot were enough for me to cross you off the list of D2 lovers. Maybe a prejudice but to keep Diablo 2 SAFE and to keep TRADITION the right way
There will be mods. Do you want to experiment? Blizzard makes it possible

2 Likes

That they can, but when does the remaster become a new game when every 5 seconds people are wanting another change.

Adding content and changing the game are two different things

If they do changes thats not a Remaster anymore thats a Remake.

Remaster and Remake both diferent

1 Like