Why do CM's only reply to basic threads & never reply to offline/trading threads?

"As for why we aren’t commenting on other Diablo IV development questions and/or threads, there’s already a sticky in this forum explaining our stance and approach to communication regarding our in-development game. "

These have been concerns for years though. You guys have all but ignored the community on many MANY occasions about very important topics. The point stands 100%. Not sure what else to say.

Yeah, that’s easy to say when you have a legion hack journalist to defend you when you get fired for making a bad game.

You know. Like how I fire my own employees.

Lmfao. Should we also not police cause people still the break law? Taking about not being rational. Try applying your logic to another situation.

I have never once met a single player in game that complained about rmt. It’s only forum posters and news articles from where I see.

And acting like Blizzard can’t code some basic bot detection is insanely silly.

2 Likes

This type of thing is a rather large-reaching project the company I work for has been developing to prepare for CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) compliance. To be able to purge a customer’s data on demand, all their data from all branches of the business has to funnel into a single global profile.

The other side of that is that the company will know how better to market to you because they’ll have a profile of all of your information in one place. Consider how Google and Amazon can “learn” you. That type of behavior is likely going to become a lot more widespread over the next six months if you do business with US companies due to needing to be CCPA compliant.

Just because a company is legally required to be able to purge your data on request doesn’t mean they won’t abuse the tar out of that data pool.

Why do you think we have basic “gaming rights”? We have the right to review a list of games and buy ones we think we will enjoy. We have the right to spend our money on things we like. We are not entitled to some specific set of features.

Our voice is our wallets when it comes to major decisions like platform choice. I won’t be buying the phone or console versions either, but for different reasons than you.

It is likely better if you realize you are not entitled to things. Either buy what a company makes, or don’t. If enough people don’t buy it then they will end up having to change their product.

4 Likes

We have all the power and to pretend for one moment that consumers don’t hold all the power is literally insane. You’re literally saying the same thing but don’t understand the depth of which you speak.

The consumers are demanding offline play,8 player lobbies and full trading. We will get these things or blizzard will continue to burn through the good will of the customers and they will fail as a business.

I would rather them not fail and just admit fault and work for the consumer and not have it twisted in some sort of “entitlement” argument.

Don’t try to argue with her.

When blizzard stocks start going back down, they’ll get it together. I guess losing billions of dollars isn’t a good enough to listen.

/inb4 stock marketing going up without admitting it’s due to modern warfare and classic.

That’s right, they released a 16 year old game to get their stocks up.

/inb4 ban hammer drops.

This is a logical fallacy. You believe that because you and others on this forum loudly advocate for those things here on this forum, that this reflects all of their customers. Never presume to speak for an entire customer base.

Correctly stated: some customers are demanding offline play, etc. I am not demanding it. I would like it, but I understand the argument for online play. This is not an issue that will cause me to buy or not buy this game.

The problem, as Cheetah pointed out, is that online requirements are an industry standard at this point. The vast majority of games work this way and for the reasons she stated. Players all over the world accept this and still buy the games, across all genres. You’re not speaking for “the customers” here. More likely, you’re speaking for a vocal minority of old school players. I strongly support your right to speak your opinion, and I respect your passion, but you should only presume to speak for yourself, not for the entire community.

6 Likes

When stocks go down in value only the people that bought the stocks are hurt not blizzard themselves. They don’t care about the price of their stocks because they’ve already got that money.

The one thing they do care about is having their stocks cost more because it looks good when you’re trying to sell the illusion that your company is still loved and is good investment with a positive future thus attracting more people willing to gamble on your company.

Well you’re not wrong and people like me kept telling others that there is a market for a superior version of a game. Much like how trading and an offline mode makes for a superior version of the game.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/give-the-community-mod-support-in-diablo-iv/7019/

I’ve tried to layout the case that mod support will only help the next game and will attract far more players than advertising ever will.

100%. But he isn’t soley using appeal to popularity as a basis.

Well, you do seem to think you are entitled to those things. I know this comes as a shock, but many many other customers don’t agree with you. If they did, online only games would not be selling the way they do. Customers voted, and by purchasing those online only games they let the gaming companies know it would not hurt them financially.

It may not be what you want to hear, but it is reality. Life moved on. I think there are games out there with the features you want though. Prove those are viable by spending money on them!

4 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated. I am happy to see that there is way more communication from Blizzard these days. Looking forward to reading the next System Design blog. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well how do you explain this forum post from germany?
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/de/d3/t/online-zwang-nicht-noch-einmal/707/88

I get that a lot of people lack the ability of foresight but I’m telling you right now the bubble for mobile phones and ignoring customer demands is going to pop soon and those companies that aren’t working for the people will soon find themselves out of business.

Reality?

Girl, go take a logic course.

This is a logical fallacy, you’re literally accusing him of which you are doing yourself.

Appeal to popularity is not an argument.

His argument is that making games online only will cause lost revenue for the company. Reality is that they have been online only now for a very long time and it has not caused lost revenue.

His argument might have been interesting back when the online only model started. Time however has proven it won’t hurt the companies who do it.

4 Likes

How many copies of Vanilla D3 sold and how many copies of RoS sold?

Probably when the Lead Game Developer said “there are no plans for an Offline mode or Open Trading”.

1 Like

Hey, I’m gonna drop out. I don’t have the patient for this and I don’t wanna get banned.

But. Cheetah, remember this. We don’t have a legion of hack journalist writing articles and exploiting our identity every time when we get fired or yelled at.

That’s all I am saying in this thread.

It’s very easy for you and developers to take stances that they do because they know when they get fired, the “gaming journalist” will rush to defend you and insult the customers.

Of course they publicly state that much like any “leaks” that come out. Just watch when they “leak” the price of “overwatch 2” and see how people freak out and then pretend that they weren’t going to charge $40 for a PVE mode and slightly altered skins.

They’re testing the waters to see how the fan base will react and we’re reacting quite poorly to it and it shows when we’re constantly talking about what we want and not letting up.

Some consumers, like me, couldn’t care less about offline / don’t want trading. Please don’t try to generalise that everyone wants something just because you do.

7 Likes

Much to learn you have.

1 Like