Why do CM's only reply to basic threads & never reply to offline/trading threads?

You guys (cm’s) are clearly active but never chime in onto the most pressing matters for the future of the franchise.

We’d like to have 8 player parties and scaling up to play with all our friends.
Diablo 3 limited parties to four players so we can’t play with our friends

We’d like to have an offline mode to play when we want to despite of an internet connection. Diablo dev’s could easily make a token system where you download a token ever so often to grant offline play for awhile much like how starcraft or steam does.
Diablo 3 devs used the argument that always online would prevent botting and item dupes and all it did was prevent dupes and trading was removed so what was the point

We’d like to have open trading despite the dev’s saying there won’t be full trading.
Saying that there will be limited trading isn’t what the community is asking for

By allowing items to have some real world value attached to them will inspire people to play the game and try to find that “uber” rare item to either trade with people or gloat about how lucky they are.
It’s basically like a gold rush for people to have real value attached to digital pixels. Super motivating and we all know it.

If black markets spring up in their wake it’s okay they can be shut down and those people that purchase from those websites can be banned.

Blizzard needs to get back in the business of selling games again and not just live services.

There’s comments on theads like “quit season 19 thanks to the rewards” “Bazooka’s not dead” “2.6.8 item wishlist” “bug barbarian passive” “system down again”

Any post being critical on D3 and the future of the franchise is ignored. Could we start getting some community managers to chime in with information about showing that the community is being heard and dev feedback?

20 Likes

If you’ve ever worked in a customer-facing role you’ll know precisely why: because anything that you might want to say has to go through a long arduous process of being vetted by relevant parties and HR.

While I agree it’s frustrating, and it’d be nice to see more of our concerns and questions acknowledged and addressed, sometimes answering what on the surface looks like a very straightforward question isn’t so at all.

3 Likes

From the overview blog:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23189677

Q: Will there be trading?
A: Yes. While we’re still working on the details, we know this is a huge community request and we want to reintroduce some level of trading while still preserving the loot-finding experience.

Trading is something that is being discussed internally.
It’s early in development so I wouldn’t expect definitive answers and more communication.

Blizzard already mentioned the game would be online only as well.

3 Likes

We don’t care we’re asking for an offline mode and it’s a massive issue that needs to be addressed and saying “no” isn’t the answer we’ll accept.

2 Likes

Because the ones spamming trading threads just want to profit from it. So CMs’ silence is your answer.

2 Likes

We have one CM, Nevalistis. We have one Producer who has also posted, Matthew Cederquist.

This forum is for D3 - which is why they reply to basic D3 threads.

Neither are going to comment about Development decisions for Diablo 4. Those are being largely handed by the D4 developer news posts that are on the front page of the websites.

Further, none are going to argue with the forum goers about game direction. You won’t get offline mode or full open trading. Not going to happen and they are not going to debate you on it.

22 Likes

Where’s the forum where dev’s can be transparent and address the communities concern?

Yes we will get full trading and an offline mode because we’ve already experienced diablo 3 and aren’t letting it go.

5 Likes

Offline mode only if it is for offline characters, don’t let offline characters that will probably be edited to hell into online games.

The 4-8 player groups doesn’t really matter to me so I’m okay with 8 players if some people want that.

Also they talking on D3 topics makes more sense than speaking on D4 topics, current issues take precedence than future ones.

2 Likes

Not interested in arguing just letting you know. So far that’s the only answer given and demanding the opposite won’t necessarily change their stance.

3 Likes

I’m not arguing I’m just stating facts. We’ve already been here with diablo 3 and the community isn’t just going to be a zombie and accept whatever they say as gospel.

It is not going to happen. You were already told what the decision is. You want to argue. They are not going to play with you.

No, you won’t. No amount of you saying it will change that. If you don’t like that, don’t buy Diablo 4 when it comes out. It sounds like it is not going to be a game with features you prefer. I hear there are other games out there with the features you want.

20 Likes

Why are you saying that they can’t change development while it’s this early so early they only had one small level with 3 playable classes with a very basic UI?

Yes we will. We will change the course of development or blizzard will continue to burn all the goodwill they’ve had with their customers and fail as a business.

These kind of comments you’re making are exactly like those people saying we’d never get a classic wow. We did get classic servers and on top of that it’s performing way better than their retail game.

Trying to say community feedback and desires don’t matter despite the fact that we’ve proven we’re right about nearly everything we’ve been told no to.

4 Likes

Wishful thinking.

Unless you are the majority shareholder in ATVI, or at a position in Senior Mgt at Blizz to make such demands, you won’t accomplish a thing. You have no power or say in the major business decisions Blizz makes about D4 - such as online only or the trade model.

8 Likes

Because if they actually responded to gut reactions of all the **** talking going on here, half the staff at Blizzard would be fired…

We rip and **** all over this thing they tried to make better but in the end, it wasn’t good enough because of the sins of the original team that worked on this p.o.s. game.

Diablo IV needs to fix this mess and fast… we yearn for the recovery and retribution of this franchise. These forums along with Diablo III need to be deleted permanently.

Get over yourself, they already said no offline mode.

7 Likes

Mark my words we will have an offline mode and full trading. It’s in the best interest of the community and shareholders to sell as many games as possible and dlc/cosmetics.

By allowing items to have some real world value attached to them will inspire people to play the game and try to find that uber rare item to either trade with people or gloat about how lucky they are. It’s basically like a gold rush for people to have real value attached to digital pixels. Super motivating and we all know it.

If black markets spring up in their wake it’s okay they can be shut down and those people that purchase from those websites can be banned.

Blizzard needs to get back in the business of selling games again and not just live services.

2 Likes

Which is funny, because they said, that until D4 has it’s own forum, they are going to use this one for feedback.
Interestingly enough, the feedback under the update from David Kim got all deleted. Do you know what happened?

5 Likes

I assume you mean the news article? If the comments got shut down then I can assume there were enough that were toxic or abusive in nature that the mods just stopped all of it. I honestly have not checked into the situation. They are normally fine with contrary opinions, as long as they are stated constructively and without attacking other posters or staff.

2 Likes

Let’s just hope it’s popular enough that a team sniffs what’s needed to finally emulate our own servers,Create our own mods so on and so so fourth. If there’s enough demand, it will happen one way or another.

Just went to double check after I read Eloba Carcen’s post: they’re absolutely right, the comments under the David Kim post are gone, but it also appears that the comments under all the other recent new posts are gone too.