Why did you per order?

I pre-ordered because

A. I forgot how amazing the music was.
B. The sorceress’s lightning effects look amazing.
C. Deckard Cain is still alive.

Forget all these wishlist items, character model issues, optimizations etc.

If you’ve ever played Diablo in the dark as a kid and made it back to town, you usually head straight for Deckard Cain.

Deckard not only identified your loot, but he was comforting.
Deckard’s voice is forever entwined with Tristram’s theme song.

If Deckard Cain isn’t alive, it isn’t Diablo for me. Which bought D3 about 1 Act.
D2 was a sprawling epic.

For the most part, in Diablo 1, everyone there waited too late to leave, and they were stuck there. Death was only a matter of time and they all knew it. Think of that next time you hear Tristram’s theme.

Also, a shot for every time I said Deckard Cain.

4 Likes

i pre-ordered because i finaly want to finish my lvl 99 hc char selffound challange…
without eye-cancer ^^ <3

3 Likes

why did i preorder? … ill tell you why i preordered lmfao i preordered because if you do not preorder you are not aloud to type in these forums about the game and i wanted to share some of my opionions which i think its really messed up you need to preorder the game to be able to send a message here… wtf?

3 Likes

Because i want to buy the game?
Also people cant tell me " i don’t have money to spend on a new game if i already own it before they tell me not to spend the money"

I’ve been playing the Diablo games since way back when with the original Diablo. I originally pre-ordered my copy of Diablo II Resurrected after watching the deep drive on BlizzConline.

However a few days ago, in anticipation of the upcoming open beta, I decided to install my digital copy of D2LOD so I can get “a feel” for the game again after all these years (I stopped playing D2 in about 2014).

Now, however, after having played some authentic D2LOD (no mods at all, only original Blizzard content), I’m remembering how much more fun Diablo II was. Oh, make no mistake, I thoroughly enjoy Diablo III, but Diablo II is far more in-depth than Diablo III ever will be.

For example, in Diablo II, your skill choices are permanent. They are anyway, until you finish a difficulty and get to reset your character. In Diablo III, there is no consequence for making a bad skill choice. Just unselect the bad one and pick a another.

I would honestly not mind at all if even a few of the Diablo II mechanics (runewords, more compelling quests) make their into Diablo III, or if not, eventually Diablo IV.

Again, why did I pre-order? Because I’ve always been a fan of the Diablo games, and because I’m stoked to play such a well-rounded adventure with modern graphics. The new cinematics?. The in-game effects? You name it…

1 Like

Haaland: “Why not”…

This is one of the very few games that I went the distance with, and completed back when it came out all those years ago. And had a great time doing so. So for me to do it again, with a major graphics overhaul, and some well needed QoL changes, were all the reasons I needed to pre-order it.

4 Likes

because i’m an naive idiot

3 Likes

The only change I want is the 4k Graphic upgrade the rest is all gravy. So I know I’m getting D2 but it will Look 100 times better and I can play it on my PC, PS4 & 5 and Xbox 1 & Series X and yes I bought it on all platforms so when I go out of town it does not matter what system I am taking with me I’m taking all my progression along with me. I still play OG D2 on my pc still love it. Just glad to be getting it in 4K the rest is just adding to its greatness. It had flaws but I’m sure they will work all them kinks out if they don’t well I still play it with the one left in the game on original D2 so be it.

3 Likes

I preordered because I wanted to make an early post on getting unlimited Cow king/moo. The thread is relatively popular now so I’m happy people agree. I wanted to get in as early as possible and help frame some MINOR QoL/logic.

4 Likes

Because I know I am going to play the game

2 Likes

I was super unsure at first but when I saw the trailer and how beautiful the models and effects are, I could not resist. I felt it was a resurrection done right.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered because I am desperate for something decent to play. I played the original and got many years out of it, and I plan to get many years out of this version. God I hope it is not just nostalgia.

Same.

Blizzard has stated that D2R won’t have very many changes over the original. Meaning Shared Stash, a new graphics engine, and some UI enhancements.

Although I do hope that in time, Blizzard will add some additional features or open other functionality, like the ability to create “Ladder Only” runewords on Non-Ladder characters, or introduce new runewords, etc. Seems unlikely to happen though :cry:

I can’t play with a mouse anymore (forearm injury) so D2R is the only way I can play Diablo II because of controller support.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered because I have been saying for over a decade I wish they would remake the game just like it is with better graphics. The shared chest and a few other thing such as this make it even better. I don’t fall into your category really, because this is the exact game I wanted. I started D2 pretty close to day one and have gone back and started over several times over years. I can’t wait to play D2R, sorry you don’t feel the same. =(

Since you are posting on this forum though, I doubt you really feel they way you act or why would you be here? =)

1 Like

I like the Graphic upgrade. I probably play it for a bit before heading back to my old D2 playing Plugy :sweat_smile:

Cause I want the game?

Pre order for the beta access. Also the people who are complaining just want improved QOL changes since the game is so outdated, lots of stuff might seem tedious but that auto gold pickup is probably the best one.

Yep and no yep if they add voice chat no if want change game to boring version ( diablo 3 i realy sleep playing 15 min in team ) brrrr never again d3 and more in this engine