Why Can't Console Players Post / Reply in General Discussions

I have owned the PS3 and the PS4 version of this game for years. I only joined the website recently and the forum today. I specifically wanted to post my thoughts on the s23 update in General Discussion, but it seems i have no option to do so.

I read through and searched, and saw that console players are restricted to console threads only (other than new player help obviously). Is this true ? I am curious as to why that is, since it really makes no sense to alienate and discriminate console players like this.

General discussions should at least be open to players who own the game on any platform, regardless of what they are. I should have an option to voice my thoughts, for example, on the s23 patch, in the same thread as pc players do, since we all will be playing the same season with the same changes.

A bit of a turn off to be honest. Should I assume that Blizzard prefers pc players to console players through this type of behaviour ?

If someone can confirm that this is indeed accurate, i’d appreciate it.

Thank you

You already answered your question.

Console doesn’t have a checksum on the forums. So, anyone can sign up and start posting. Requiring a D3 or D2R or some other “license” to access those areas makes a logistical sense. It is not done to alienate but delineate.

and yet still, they’re alienating us regardless of their “intent”, since the perception through this, is that console players are not “good enough” to post with awesome pc players. and perception seems to be everything these days apparently, regardless of intent.

Console players have:

1. Console Discussion Forum
  2. Console Bug Report Forum

If you want to post in the General Discussion Forum that bad, pay $19.99 for a PC D3 License. (Less if you pick it up during a sale). You don’t even have to install it. Just purchase through the Blizzard Shop and it will be registered to you automatically.

Note: Make sure you’re logged in with the Blizzard Account you want to post with when you make your purchase.

Also note: This Forum, that we are now posting in, is the US English D3 Forums. The Forums here are for players on a PC on the Live server, unless otherwise noted. (Console Forums, PTR Forums, D2:R Forums, etc.)

Any comments you see from console players in the General Discussion Forum are from players that own both, a console License and a PC License.

Right ok.

let me get this straight then. from what you’ve just said, regardless of the fact that i own both PS3 and PS4 versions of this game, that it isn’t good enough for me to post in General discussions threads unless i pay extra for a pc license to be included as part of the “community” otherwise, i’m not allowed to post anywhere other than in console threads.

is this correct ?

if this is correct, then you basically answered the “why” in my question, and honestly, it’s good to know that owning a console version will exclude me from finding a place in the community, where usually players find a sense of belonging, console players will not find that since they’re forced into their own little “circle” instead of being part of the whole. wow kind of mirror RL right now doesn’t it ?

anyway thanks for the clarification. so much for fitting in…

Both: Console versions.

Why would you want to post in a PC Forum when you play on console? You have the Console Discussion Forum, which is “General Discussion” for console players.

You’re posting here.

I’m sorry you feel that way. Console players are part of the console “community”, PC players are part of the PC “community”, and players that own Licenses for both PC and console are part of the “whole community”, as you put it.

Me? I only own the PC License for D3. I know nothing about consoles and so I don’t post in the Console Forums. In that respect, I’m not part of the “whole community” either. And I’m okay with that.

It seems the license control to validate users hasn’t been implemented for console as it has for other controlled access areas. So console players get a FFA forum instead until dev and partners can get motivated to implement license validation and properly integrate the console user community into the access controlled forum space.

It seems to be pretty widely accepted that it’s BS and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Either way, it was a decision made by Blizzard as with PC users, the licenses are stored here. With console, licenses are with the specific console company. Whether you agree or not, it is what it is. There are some fundamental differences between console and PC. The way Twister Wizard works is one of them. Twister was nerfed on PC, but not on console, so it has been the best console build for a while. Also, PC players don’t care at all about nephalem glory. That went away on PC some time ago. So, it’s also about accurate information. You may get advice on the game that works on PC, but doesn’t work on console and vice versa.

It will never be fixed and there are dozens of threads already existing on the topic. At the end of the day, it was Blizzard’s decision. You have to accept it, but you don’t have to like it.

1 Like