Why arent there a lot of really good players anymore? Did they leave to poe?

It seems like the Hardcore community in D3 is very small. I could literally probably be one of the top ten best because i can top the leaderboards pretty easily when i focus on it. Why arent there more better players i mean this game is far better than poe or any other arpg and people grind it all the time i mean look at softcore its filled with a hundred thousand players. Did this turn into a casual game?

People don’t play Hardcore on Diablo 3 because they don’t want to lose their character due to server lag.

I die from lag every day. If I had to make my character tanky enough that I can’t die from lag, then I can’t die from mistakes, either – for me, the whole fun part of playing Hardcore is that you have to focus and pay attention because you want to avoid mistakes so you don’t die. Not just changing your build to be tanky because you have to survive lag, and then having no threat of dying from anything so the pressure is gone. It helps with the immersion, makes the game seem as if it actually matters for a moment, which makes it more fun.

5 Likes

HC Diablo 3, to me, is a rigged system. You can get gibbed nearly instantly through no fault of your own.

8 Likes

it’s 2020, not 2004. There is almost no server lag at all.

no that’s just silly excuse for not being smart and understanding physics and game mechanics like a really good player does.

Go pull 250+ mobs using heroes with AD and see what happens.

14 Likes

I experience server-side lag on Diablo 3 on a regular basis. I know the difference between lag caused by my end, lag from their end, or lag from a computer; each type of lag is different. It’s extremely rare to even go for an afternoon session without encountering lag. I’ve got 300mbps internet with 10-40ms ping, and I don’t experience lag on most other games that I play. If it was my internet, then I would lag on all of them. I don’t usually experience horrible lag, but a few seconds of lag is all it takes to lose a character, and I get that kind of lag often enough to be worried about it. No, I’m not one of those people who just freaks out and blames their death on lag every time they die.

Do you really not believe in lag? Have you been that fortunate? Gaming in your shoes sounds amazing.

Ok, but can I use an Impale Demon Hunter?

1 Like

America Server Season 21 HC

HC solo Sader #12 GR 119 11:09 DrFlick
HC solo DH #12 GR 135 14:30 amBADASSador
HC solo Monk #12 GR 123 14:30 FRANK
HC solo Necro #12 GR 127 11:01 Immawarlock
HC solo WitchDoctor #12 GR 122 11:54 ReezaiP
HC solo Wizard #12 GR 120 13:55 Gold

Each of these clears are Rank 12 which is the bottom of first page of leaderboard.

OP is not on any of these lists.
Show us what you got bro!

2 Likes

Besides server lag, internet connection hickups etc. there is also spike damage.

Every so often, a seemingly insignificant mob nearly one shots you or even triggers the cheat death passive while during all other fights you lose just a bit of your hp.

So suddenly a mob doing much, much more damage than any other mob in the (g)rift is a thing too.

Or a rift guardian one shotting you (with unavoidable damage) while no mob in the (g)rift even came close is a thimg too…

I encounter these both in sc a lot too…

3 Likes

It’s got to be a glitch, just like the one mob that won’t die.

1 Like

Blood clan spearman from across the room, downtown and around the corner. Still skewered me :wink:

1 Like

My buddy plays HC and I’ll tell you why he left: the repetitive nature of the game was putting him to sleep. In S21 he was getting migraines and so combined he just said bye.

He also stopped playing PoE cause of frustrations with the game.

HC in D3 is a great joke, the game is way to unstable to be able to properly play HC. everybody who plays HC has lost at least ONCE a character due to a random disconnect/error code…

besides that I’m sick of HC players bragging about playing HC. ooooh how cool, everybody plays with cheat death and then sits 60 seconds in town once it procs

4 Likes

In recent seasons I play softcore up to paragon 2000 or so, then I switch to hardcore. But in my clan very few people play HC, so after reaching paragon 800 or 900 (and GR level 110+ solo) I usually stop because I’m bored… Also I used to augment my ancient items on my HC characters, but after losing several because of game freezes or computer crashes, I gave up…

OP made another Troll post.

I dare OP to get on the HC leader board!

5 Likes

You clearly don’t know anything about the HC experience. DCs are extremely rare these days and if someone loses a character at least ONCE over the 8 years D3 has been out, well if you can’t handle that then you should wrap yourself in bubble wrap.

Yep no one plays on proc and we all build lag proof characters so we don’t lose our precious gear. Weird how the top clears look the same (gear wise and almost as high clears) as SC, wonder how that works…

I wouldn’t touch this game if there wasn’t HC.

2 Likes

Well, I always seemed to find more respectful players playing HC than SC…there’s obviously toxic people in both modes though.

The HC players I know in my clan and have ran with from time to time are only HC…they do not play SC. So they obviously enjoy it and if the OP is that good, he/she would be up on the LB quite a bit as I got ranked with my HC WD just clearing a GR 86 and that was with level 12-25 gems…

This is such a weak troll attempt I am surprised anyone even answered you. The sheer statement is soo ridiculous that it is clearly trolling on a sunday.

Diablo a game based on skill? HAHAHA thats a great one though so thanks for the laugh.

1 Like

yes and there are other bugs. i also often had game crashes. i play with old pc and software. i used to play with a man from poland. his pc is even older and the game is constantly crashing. it only happened since s21, he said. he quit month ago.
in addition, we have miserable internet in europe. if my wife is on the phone with video or is watching something, I can easily get 1-2k ping. for dh it almost always means death twice in a row.
Another negative point is that hardly anyone plays the game. i almost always see the same names in the game and in chats. in august i found no one in hardcore for the new start …

1 Like

Those are the mobs that get me every time after I finish a bounty in act 1. When do I get hit? When the TP is almost cast. SERIOUSLY! Of course, other acts, it’s their range mobs outside of the screen that seem to get that 3 point shot on me to disrupt my TP cast. I always forget to dedicate a character for ‘farming’ mats too. That character would always have on the Homing Pads shoulders, just for that reason there.

I used to play almost only hardcore until I lost my last four characters due to server side hiccups. I lost some characters due to bad judgment, those I can deal with. However, when I am losing characters due to no fault of my own it was time to move on to only regular.