Why am I soooo slow using Strafe with the GoD set?

Idk if I’m missing something but the videos I see of people using the GoD set show them moving very fast but as I’m doing it I don’t seem to be moving very fast at all even with the Strafe rune that allows me to move 100 percent movement speed.

EDIT: Also not sure why but I’m running out of Hatred like really really fast… all the videos I see shows their hatred barely going down if at all.

1 Like

You move only fast when you have high momentum stacks. GoD set is not a one button (Strafe) click set. First, you have to get your momentum stack to 20, then you have to click Primary skill when your stacks get low.

Primary skill fired by GoD 4 piece bonus only returns Hatred when it hits a mob. So less spinning when there is no mob around you, go spinning (and occasional Primary skill click) when there are mobs around.

Okay thanks that makes sense… how often do you have to manually fire the primary to keep your stacks at max while also strafing?

About every 5 seconds. Remember you want to keep up the buffs from your Wraps of Clarity bracers and Bastion of Will rings also.

1 Like

You get 4 stacks for every manually fired primary, which degrade at 1 stack per second.

So once you’re maxed (20), you will need to fire a single primary at least every 3-4 seconds to stay at max.

You will get a feel for the right timing with a bit of practice.

1 Like

to get both deal dmg and move fast you need to auto attack every 2-4 seconds

1 Like

As described above, you need to manually fire your generator to build momentum.

The easy layout for me is right mouse button for channeling Strafe, and the generator (Hungering Arrow in my case) on left mouse button.

I simply hold the right button while attacking and using “point and click” all the time with left button, making sure to point at monsters while clicking.

Momentum stacks are lost every second so waiting 3 or 4 seconds results in lost DPS. Generator weaving while strafing can be executed every 0.5 seconds.

To put it another way. Just strafing against an enemy and relying on GoD4 procs will net 4 hungering Arrows (HA) a second. Weaving generators in every 0.5 seconds nets 6 HAs (4 HA procs, 2 HA from player) and momentum stacks always stay at 20. That’s a 50% DPS increase before factoring in the lost momentum resulting from not firing every 0.5 seconds.

Indeed, its why I specifically wrote:

That will keep his speed up, which was the query in question.

Great advice though, not many better to explain all things DH than Dieoxide.

1 Like

That’s a fair point. I wasn’t necessarily trying find fault with your statement; rather, with GoD being a brand new set, I just wanted to make sure a fuller spectrum of the mechanics were covered in this thread.

GL;HF and may primals litter your path.

There are also a bunch of ways to regen hatred, such as using the Templar or the Bat companion, though of course that means giving up whatever other skill/rune you could have taken. I’m experimenting and trying to figure out what works for me.

There can be several things. First of all, there is the basic 25 percent movement speed from paragon points and/or rolls on boots etc.
Second there are the momentum stacks on the set. When I start anything, like rift ect. I make sure I am spamming primary skill button so I get around 13-15 stacks, every 3-5 seconds between channeling strafe, I use a primary skill to keep 20 stacks.
Third thing could be the runes you select on your skils. Some give extra speed bonus.
Running out of hatred, I get that too. But if I run rifts / bounty runs, I use either : yangs recurve bow for the resource cost reduction OR I use the Seethe rune on Vengeance, since I can survive using the Elusive ring.

Here is a short video of me clearing a T13 Rift with a starter set. The gear is crap, the pieces are not optimized, but this demonstrates my particular playstyle where I never stop Strafing.

Unlike Redcell’s video (where you can’t hear a word the guy is saying), I’m actually playing.

It takes the first few minutes to really get started; The Keep Depths is not an ideal location to play this build. Pay close attention to the buff bar to see what’s going on there, and check the character sheet when it flashes onscreen to see the buffed Toughness of this piecemeal build. It does have potential. I haven’t looked at a single leaderboard build in putting this thing together, which is why it is a bit retarded.

One thing to keep in mind is that it only takes 5 shots to build the 20 stacks (seconds) of Momentum, while it decays in real time. This is a huge advantage, and a great change from the original configuration of the set.

Cubed items are Valla’s Bequest (the only weapon I have Cubed), Aquila Curiass, and RoRG. The skills are obvious, but the passives are Numbing Traps, Thrill of the Hunt, Cull the Weak, and Ambush. My attack strategy is pretty crude. I have Strafe on the right mouse button, and I just hold that down, steer, and continuously pound the left mouse (Primary Skill), and the 1, 3, & 4 keys (in my case, a, x, & c). The result is that I have MFD sometimes on enemies, and have Bladed Armor, and Wolf as soon as they are available. I still use Vault on 2 (d) to escape Frozen, Molten explosions, and Jailer.

Single-shot Hungering Arrow will probably be replaced by Bola Shot when I find the quiver and bow.

I also get the feeling that this might be best played as an Elite-Hunter set, similar to the way Shadow’s Mantle is played.

why would you opt for bolas when HA will ultimately do much more damage. Bonuses from 9thSatchel are huge add to that hunters wrath and depth diggers and you are putting out serious hurt

Primary skill (at least Hungering Arrow) can restore hatred and build momentum if your “Force Stand Still” button is also pressed.

Edited Note: If both Force Stand Still and Strafe are both constantly held down, Strafe overrides Force Stand Still, unless Hungering Arrow is pressed.

Even though the max +325% bonus to Bola Shot damage can’t compare to the +600% for Hungering Arrow, it ultimately does more damage, and the fact that Bola explodes instantly and has a 100% chance to pull enemies toward the target, it does damage to lots of enemies at once, even more than HA Shatter Shot or Spray of Teeth, and the grouping subjects them all to the Bane of the Trapped effect, so one could ultimately dispense with Thrill of the Hunt for some other passive.

I’m sure the top leaderboard guys at around P3000 have figured it out; but the builds of guys at P10,000 can’t be relied upon or duplicated well.

PS: I found the bow and quiver. When I get this set optimized a bit, I’ll make a comparison video. Also, I am gearing this set toward hardcore play. I can’t suffer even a single death.

325%? The bonuses are multiplicative, not additive.
My calculation is +587.5%:
Leonine Bow of Hashir (+175% = 2.75x)
Emimei’s Duffel (+150% = 2.5x)
2.75 x 2.5 = 6.875 = +587.5%

Even so, Bolas uses one more weapon slot and HA’s 70% per pierce is OP.

^^ My mistake. Tomorrow I’m going to start watching some videos on this build, and see how close I’m getting…Stay tuned!..lol

For HA you really want devouring arrow and believe me the piercing make all the difference.

I numlock strafe, casually right click gloom, and press 1 for primary. That way my right hand is less fatigued.