Whimsyshire - beware

im just gonna leave it here, aham…

1 Like

Diablo 3 was successful because of its story and the fact it’s a Diablo product. Not the gameplay, I promise you. You can’t change my mind. (¯◡◡¯ )

they story was the worse part in my option in D3, i played countless hours in both diablo 2 and diablo 3 and i enjoy both, if you want to compare i still think d2 is better, but the only attracting feature D3 has is that we wanted a new shiny diablo game and that the gameplay was fun, story wise, i cant tell you how disappointed i was as someone that read some of the books to see what they did to the story in diablo 3

1 Like

No you can’t. There are literally skills that are useless after Normal difficulty hence all the cookie cutter builds. This is one of the things that I think D3 did a lot better. In D2 if you want to play in hell then you need use your stat and skill points in just the right way. I will give you that there is a bit of wiggle room, but we’re talking the same amount of wiggle room you would have in a coffin, so it isn’t really saying much.

That’s the wrong way to look at it. Everybody knows Blizzard North was an incredible endeavor. Place credit where credit is due.

1 Like

Learn D2 please. There are a ton of builds that work for D2. Yes stats and skills have to be used in such a way that it makes sense. Much like in D3 you want to be top tier paragon you are going to be extremely limited in D2 if you want to do everything you are going to be extremely limited. You can’t do paragon 150+ with builds meant for leveling just in the same way in D2 if you want to do Ubers you are going to have a hell of a time doing that with certain builds.

Beating hell difficulty PvM can be done with 100s of builds. Please go learn the builds. There are also plenty of older builds that do not use synergies that work just fine. The difference is kill speed and even then not always. Also most of the older builds are stronger on the survivability side of things.

As for some skills being useless some are but, most aren’t. Play style and understanding how and when to use things you will figure this out. You have 3 quest based resets and Tokens after that for resetting stats/skills so if you screw up more then 3 times on a particular character you are going to need essences or tokens. You can trade these by picking them up from in baal and chaos games and trading 3 essences for 1 of the less popular ones. So effectively there is unlimited resets it just takes time after 3 tries.

Also making you responsible for your choices is not a bad thing.

2 Likes

Mainstream games have gotten crushingly predictable and disappointing in the past 10 years seeing as they all follow the exact same recipe for success.

They’ve already put mounts into D4, and spread the monsters out so that you have to find them instead of actually fight your way through them. Now every action begins by clicking “h” first, to dismount, and “h” again to mount, “h” to dismount and “h” again to mount, “h” to dismount and “h” again to mount. They’ll eventually add a group finder, flying mounts, xp and drop boost, wings and bikini appearance items, microtransactions for inventory space, and the whole shebang, as per usual.

The only thing that game has gotten for it is an appealing story and a gorgeous antagonist. I honestly think I will get more out of D4 by just reading the wikia when it comes out.

1 Like