Whimsyshire - beware

I agree on the uniques. I know everyone wants to talk about d2r cuz it’s the hot new thing, but it almost looks like they’re doing a good job on d4 so far.

The unique affix development looks promising, and if they do it right they could even have Gasp trading, without RMT being dominant.

Can you imagine that, intelligent itemization development that could limit the influence of RMT?

Yes, it’s possible, let’s see if they get in the right ballpark.

1 Like

i hate RMT, i hate micro transaction and PTW and subscriptions for games.

i hope they have something like POE/ POD has where we can find trades online, i do like d2 trading but without a “search” bar its kinda hard.

I’d be more terrified for D4… D2R is pretty much just going to be a re-release with minor QoL changes and a face lift… they won’t add end game grifting to D2R… they’d be dumb to even try it…

1 Like

meh if i was more invested in d4 i might care, but after d3 and blizzard refuse to get rid of the “sets” idea and infinte scaling… i dont have my hopes up.

for D2:R my hopes are up, for d4 i am expecting a failure.

2 Likes

yeah same, I foresee D4 being a giant joke… good thing we’ll have this.

I haven’t read the replies but whimseyshire became a thing because the D3 vision was no where to be found, the art direction was to adopt WoW cartoon style and JW promoted the story line as being something people will enjoy doing over and over again because it had a slapped together storyline with no endgame in sight… not even talking about RMAH.

Whimsey was just another slap in the Diablo fans face for being critical of what they were seeing… in the end they were right.

3 Likes

I never really understood the hate towards D3’s graphics and how people thought it was “cartoony.” Sure, some of the cutscene dialogue could be over the top, but the overall graphics were pretty darned good. It had its darker more atmospheric areas, even if the total gore was toned down, but really if you take any old school game and update the graphics, it’s going to look brighter and more colorful. Unless of course, you are Resident Evil, which managed to keep a pretty grim color scheme throughout the mainline franchise.

Even though I knew the story of whimseyshire being kind of a troll for the darkness complaints, it served the purpose of just being a funny out of the norm silly area that cows were.

Never compare cows to whimyshire… EVER…they aren’t even in the same category…

Whimsyshire was a blatant passive aggressive act AGAINST the fan base of Diablo I and II.

Cows was an actual cool secret made FOR fans of Diablo I…

5 Likes

Guess it depends on your definition of cartoony, blown out colours, low definition models, odd shapes, overuse of bloom, dunno very cartoony to me. Not saying it’s bad graphics but definitely not crisp or dark, or in a decent contrast heh.

Was a reason DarkD3 was an immediate thing heh.

2 Likes

Whimsyshire has very fun loot experience. Who cares the art anyway after playing 1000 times…

To me those animals are fun compared to just cow.

And that super rare rainbow portrait loot. I will never get it.

Fair. Can’t blame you at all there. There are already things I don’t really like about D4’s development, but so far none of them are dealbreakers…I still have a bit of hope they won’t wreck the game with changes every 3 months, or I’ll likely just continue playing D2R, instead of playing both.

lol… rly… So you’re also one of those who want to completely screw up Diablo 2. Diablo 3 is just a shadow of Diablo 2. an ugly, boring, dull one. With bad items, 0 replayability because of stupid skill decisions.
You are talking about loot in D3 ?
loot is one of the reasons why Diablo 3 is the worst arpg i have ever played! the loot is completely boring, which also goes back to the core of the charackters in d3 itself. there is NOTHING but ATTACK, DEFENSE and KRIT. Nothing else is considered there. this is bad game design! And the balance in this game is completely destroyed because Blizzard is no longer able to get a grip on it.
Such people should not be allowed to participate in surveys for d2res because they don’t understand at least why it is as good AS IT IS.
you are turning a world class ARPG into a pile of crap by making your demands to put exactly the same stuff into the game that makes Diablo 3 so bad. (not for you as you say but for MANY others)

sry mate. my opinion

6 Likes

Diablo 3 has evolved as its own flavor of Diablo…

I just want D2 to remain… D2. :slight_smile:

Minus D2JSP.

1 Like

and this is realy ok for people who like that playstyle!
Be granted to them.
but they all want to turn the old d2 into something like d3 because they are not able to do something to achieve something and that is NOT ok.

3 Likes

D3 players are used to change, so they naturally want change… Nah. :slight_smile:

I play both games by the way. :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried D1, got turned off on random multiplayer when I saw the entire screen flooded with godly gear.

Edit: D2 Classic was my first love. Necro FTW!!.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blizzard is a revenue driven company, not nostalgia driven.

So you may have your hate against D3, but they did a correct decision to survey more than just D2 fans, because this game needs to sell to a lot more people.

1 Like

They already trolled us with:

We knew characters age… and then we DOUBLED IT!

3 Likes

Oh lets leave granmazon, granpaladin and the others alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think Vicarious Visions respects the player base and will not troll us. I have no issue with them making their own easter egg level but, trolling your player base to me is a sign of disrespect like it is in many cultures around the world.

Jay Wilson MeMe
https://postimg.cc/PP3SqQmg

1 Like