Whimsyshire - beware

Whimsyshire happened because of people complaining that D3 looked not dark enough while it was still being designed… I wonder what VV would punk us with since we complain about so many things? I just hope it’s not a truly ugly Amazon…

2 Likes

I don’t think Jay Wilson works for VV. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Xhe already is truly ugly.

1 Like

Came here to say just that Jay Wilson ruined D3 imo having been in the D3 beta alot of the original alleged content was altered to be honest and that guy chuckling behind a bag of fried chips was most likely responsible glad he’s gone.

5 Likes

Just want to say that I got censored and temporary forum ban just for criticizing a certain person back in the day. There was no name calling or badmouthing. All I did was call him out by name concerning the direction he was taking D3 and say it was supposed to be a Diablo game not Legends of Zelda. Whammo! Deleted post by mod and asked to take a break.

Twas worth it! History is on my side.

to the guys replied above, don’t defame Diablo 3. You may love D2 and hate D3, but for many of us Diablo fans, it is great game.

Whimsyshire is a super fun experience in D3 where you can get tons of great loot. Similar fun as a goblin pack.

1 Like

It may be a great game. They sold 30 million copies (many on console) so they must have made money off of it. But it is a Diablo game in name only, IMO.

The last Blizzard game I bought before D2R was D2LOD.

2 Likes

Usually you can criticize a team or a company, but you can’t criticize a person. They win or lose as company.

I always credit D2 success to Blizzard, not Blizzard north, not Brevik.

1 Like

You would be wrong to give Credit to anyone other than Blizzard North. They were nearly an entirely different company operations wise when the game was in early-mid developement. If its not evident by d3’s design differences that the influence of other studios changed it for the worse.

6 Likes

Come on, Blizzard north is part of Blizzard at that time. I don’t just credit a subsidiary, I also credit a company. It is everyone’s contribution.

Even if D2 was made by a different company, I will credit D2R to Activision Blizzard, Blizzard and VV. Brevik or Blizzard north has no credit at all in D2R.

Yeah but Jay Wilson was an insecure bitter little man… that’s why he stuck it to the player base with that stupid level.

1 Like

First, never blame a single person. It is Activision Blizzard, Blizzard and the Diablo 3 team to blame for the early day issue.

Second, Diablo 3 is a great game to me today. I won’t rank it lower than D2.

I’m sure he had a lot to do with it… so I’ll blame who I want…

I wouldn’t rank D3 over D2, ever. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fine, I understand everyone has free will.

1 Like

D3 was a pretty big failure at release. It’s gotten a lot better.

I’ll even go as far as to say it is a very good game for couch coop and console play. I’ll never buy it for pc though.

2 Likes

Failure to many people, not to me. I actually really hope I can once again play the Vanilla version. The vanilla version was so challenging.

It took me 8 hours to beat Belial on inferno, where I could take zero damage.

Have you seen Blizzard’s recent Diablo twitter feed?

Diablo on Twitter: “A true threat to demonkind, the Amazon presents a formidable challenge. The Dark Lord is ready for the fight. https://t.co/vltN9JfTs6” / Twitter

Maybe we get toggle button for servers. Toggle this toggle that so why not the servers? :joy:

I’m glad you liked it.
For me, d3 was such a mess from day1 I didn’t even buy it.

I watched my irl family and friends beat it in inferno, then they basically gave up on it. My brother plays a bit here and there, but most irl people I know didn’t touch it again. I consider that a pretty big failure, from players that played d2 for thousands of hours.

They were all really looking forward to d3 and very let down by the lack of dynamic gameplay.

3 Likes

i found it funny…,
honestly if u ignore RAH and BOA, during the time when t6 was the max the skill balance was very good u could play w/e way wanted.
at least compared to having sets shoved down your throat. in d2 u can play your way.

d3’s was ruined by the “balance” team post release. the actual core design of d3 before that was pretty damn good, and theoretically they could still fix it if they ever wanted to go that proper route and remove infinite scaling and sets and focus more on unique.

thats why im terrified for D2:R