Which solo build farms XP best?

I want to know what to play to farm paragon solo

WoL monk
GoD DH
Tal Rasha wizard

1 Like

Tals is by far the the most exp per hour. Even at low paragon you can do 125 very fast. 4k players are doing 132+ and those questionable players at 6k+ are already at 140+.

2 Likes

If you go to maxroll, there is a solo experience Tier list. Pretty much A- and S-tier builds are golden for paragon farming.

I am speed farming GR125 - 130 with frenzy barb in 3 minutes and GR135 with Tal. But my characters wear very decent items and everything is augmented. When I started this season I was farming GR110 with Typhon with no augments and very few ancients, so this is also definitely a choice. For T16 bounties and keys I religiously use GoD every season for the superb speed. GoD can also farm GRs super fast.

Among some tips that I can give is, if you have low paragon, to equip Guardian’s set for the extra vitality and main stat if there is room for it. When I farm paragons I also play usually something that I like, have some knowledge and experience with it, is pretty straightforward and combines toughness, speed and damage. Even if it is a few GRs below the strongest ones. Just like this season with Frenzy and Tal, I spent more time with Frenzy cause I like it a lot more. You can check my profile in EU and copy paste if you want.

Per class:

Barb: Raekor > Frenzy
Crus: LoD Bombs > FotH Valor
Monk: LoD WoL > PoJ / Inna
DH: UE Multi = GoD
Necro: Bone Spear / Rathma > Nova
WD: Mundunugu
Wiz: Tal >>> Typhon

For this season, I’m partial to Inna Monk, Tal Wiz, and Nova Necro. Tal Wiz is by far the winner, however.

4 Likes

By the way, I am pointing this out to you a second time but you have created all 7 classes this season while at 1000 paragon. I have nothing against it, but maybe it’s preferable if you just focus on one class instead and try to optimize it as best as you can. If your time is divided among all 7 of your heroes chances are that you will find a couple of good pieces for each one but not all 13 for just one. Just min/max one for now, something that you decide to play and stick with it for a few weeks to farm paragons and gear. You can also change to another class at any point in the future so it doesn’t get monotonous. Or if you cannot stand to play just one, then maybe 2, one for keys and one for GRs.

4 Likes

You know how many people do this every season. I bet it is about 50% to 60% of the people playing. Plus these will be the same ones complaining that they don’t enough stash space too.

I have played all the classes. I have all the classes on the non season side. I play mostly DH 90% of the time. Yes to some people it might be boring and that is fine. But I don’t have to worry about filling up all my stash spaces either.

I play the game for fun and to see what I’ll get to help my character. I don’t care about Paragon or the Leader-board. I have been here from Day 1 and all my accounts on the non season side are less 3000 paragon.

To the OP like Yukos said work on one character and you get more Paragon. You focusing to much time on all you characters.

1 Like

Tal Rasha is pretty crazy. Started doing 90’s in 3 minutes last night with only 5 ancients, no augments, level 25 gems (One is actually a zero), Echoing Fury in the cube because I don’t have a Vizier yet and some bad rolls, like how I only realised now that I forgot to even socket my weapon.

Compared to my Bonespear necro with 9 augments, 100ish gems and all ancients with decent rolls and right things cubed doing the same at similar time.

maxroll.gg → Solo Experience Tier List

https://maxroll.gg/d3/tierlists/solo-experience-farming-tier-list

Not true. I’ve been stuck around 1350-1360 paragon last few days. Doing 105s under 4 minutes. I get maybe one level every 2-3 rifts.

Do you have good items and high gems? 105 seems rather low. It would be ok in a season with no buff but the altar alone increases power by 10 GRs (approximately), not to mention that GoD went from 15,000% to 27,500% damage this patch.

Mostly augmented, mostly 125, one 99 and one 111. Jewelry, pants, Guardian’s not augmented because I only now got acient Guardian’s worth augmenting. Ancient Fortress and primal Dawn. Squirt’s with double crit and Dex, Primal Restraint with double crit and Dex, bad Focus. Still have to get good ancient Depth Diggers to replace good regular legedary one.
Gems:
6x Flawless Royal Diamond
2x Flawless Royal Emerald
Rank 107 Taeguk
Rank 107 Simplicity’s Strenght
Rank 108 Bane of the Trapped

Something’s off since Guardian gives so much extra main stat. You should be doing much higher GRs at faster speed. You do have Hunter’s Wrath in the cube if the Depth Diggers are equipped? Those are mandatory for GoD.

I’d consider ditching Guardian entirely.

If you happen to get a good ancient 2H crossbow drop, craft primal NCS and use Dawn in the cube. You’ll be attacking slower but hitting much harder. Also with suitable attack speed the internal cooldown of the GoD 4p bonus won’t be an issue.

Guardian’s should be fine to use. Make sure you have the right flow in the game. Constantly moving, firing, keeping up buffs etc. Maybe have a look at some of the guide videos.

I’ve been doing 120s in 1:30-2:30 with GoD at 2k paragon.

It’s is a bit lower XP than I get doing 130s on Tal’s, but I still get very good XP with GoD. I get a little over 5T XP/hr doing GR120s on GoD (with Tal’s I can pull 6T+ XP/hr doing 130s).

105s in 4 minutes at 1300 paragon is very slow for GoD. You should be doing consistent 2 minute 110s at least.

1 Like

Tal wiz build for sure. But if you don’t like that playstyle I don’t recommend it. Check maxroll for speed builds and play what you like

Not possible even with Buriza. Could be that my damage dropped from 2x 3000+ damage to 2600 damage.

I suspect the number is lower. Also how many longterm players have 7 “free” character spots?

Here’s 8x 110s with most of my paragon removed. Every single rift was under 1:30.

I only put in 800 paragon to simulate lower paragon. I do have 9 augments on my GoD DH and I probably have better gear than you, but you’d have an extra 500+ paragon points to spend, so that should make up a good chunk of the difference. I had 14k dex for reference, I imagine you’re somewhere around 14-17k.

Fastest rift was 1:14, slowest rift was 1:29. Average time was 1:21.

(youtube is still processing HD at the time of this comment, but it should get up to 1080p at some point once youtube is finished its thing)

Was about 16:40 for the 8 rifts by the time I finished gambling/inventory stuff (rest of the video was showing gear), that works out to about 28-29 rifts/hr. That’s about 4.5T XP/hr.

At that pace, it would take you under 20 hours of speeds to go from 1300 to 2000 paragon.

At the 1200-1800 paragon range, 110s actually seem a bit low based on the pace I was going. I imagine something like 115s would be a bit more efficient for XP/hr, at the cost of a bit lower legendaries/hr and shards/hr.

2 Likes

I wonder how many people do this. I’ve always just focused on one or two characters per season. Don’t have the time to beef up much more than that. I am just a filthy casual puke tho lol

2 Likes