S20 Theme question

Bigger request than you might think. It’s not a change to the cube, it’s a change to the class.

It’s been passed along as feedback. It’s just also not an easy change like adding In-Geom properly to the loot table was.

That makes sense. I now understand that adding the furnace was a bigger request than I once thought. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

While you are adding items to loot tables, can you also add the Bovine Bardiche for Witch Doctors, Wizards, Necros and DHs please?
Feels a bit unfair that the other classes have them dropped in bunches, while the others need to spend materials and hope for rng to upgrade rares.
:cow2:

3 Likes

STRAIGHT UP LIES!

Developer’s Note: As we outlined in our Developer Insight blog, we want to continue to get creative (and maybe a little crazy) with the Season Themes and powers we add to the game. We heard from some players that they preferred themes that made your character directly feel more powerful rather than needing to focus on the environment around you. If that describes you, then the Season of Forbidden Archives should be right up your alley, and we’re really interested to see how this changes the game for Season 20.

Season theme does 0 for many of the top builds! - So how does my character feel more powerful!!!

5 Likes

Nice, lets have a season for 1 class to benefit… I bet the DH’s are going to be sore about this :wink:

Why would you want that? Not like it leads anywhere…

(Feedback noted and passed on.)

8 Likes

Lol that is such a Virgo response :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@Nevalistis

To handle that “no furncace-situation” for the DH, i think it could be a fair compromise to bring the exact same affix on the Sunkeeper. It is a 1-handed weapon anyone can wield.

Don’t know whether it should be stackable, but i guess you will get my point :wink:

Thanks for the overall info about the changes and thoughts behind it.
For me…there is one thing left i would have liked to read from a developer, or you.

Why don’t you consider adding “Zombie Charger” or “Acid Cloud” to the set?

They need mana and a good portion of damage boost. They only have one item without a legendary effect. Give their supporting item a 800% boost and people will play it for fun and take those changes with kissing hands.

It is fun to play Spirit Barrage, but it is not new.

I really would like to know how you want to fix those 2 skills when they are like 150x the damage behind other skills.

Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That’s why I exactly made these questions, because they say the want to keep adding crazy things to make the game interesting, and now they bring this “season theme”.
The idea is not bad, but just to simple at this point imo.

1 Like

Aw man… So the original S20 theme is actually going live??? It just doesn’t seem interesting enoguh, it feels like its an incomplete theme or something…

1 Like

It is disappointing to hear that. When you said you guys want to went crazy on seasonal theme, I am expecting something crazy.

Current Kanai Cube theme is not crazy at all. It didn’t benefits solo play that much as defense cube is rather important for solo push for higher GR level.

It would be different thing if the player on S20 at least got an inner buff like 50% damage reduction or 50% damage buff so they can went crazy on S20 kanai cube setup.

Current S20 theme doesn’t allow that. You trade one defense for offense or vice versa. Very restrictive to be honest.

2 Likes

I know I should just let this go at this point but I honestly cannot wrap my head around this…

The developers could have had a WIN/WIN here but they decided that we are an echo chamber and we don’t matter.

Keep the season theme as is and ADD the RoRG theme to it. People who like the season theme as is are happy and those of us who want to do true theory crafting for END GAME builds would be happy… I mean how hard could it be, it was already implemented 3 seasons ago or so. Am I missing something here? Would that make the masses who love the season theme angry because it would give them more options???

3 Likes

I would still like to see an additional Slot added to Kanai’s Cube for Off-Hand items: Shields, Crusader Shields, Quivers, Mojos, Orbs and Phylacteries.

Not just as a Seasonal Theme, but permanently:

21 Likes

If you say so. Most of what I’ve seen around the interwebs says otherwise. :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

I am excited about it. It goes without saying that complainers are louder than “accepters”.

3 Likes

Alot of builds are item locked so it’s just a trade off for slight damage or toughness boost for some. Play a necro season 20. There gonna be strong being able to cube 3/4 of there high multiplier weapons. I think they will benefit it most but I agree other classes it’s kinda just meh

1 Like

I think the theme is interesting myself. Unfortunately most of the top end builds are already set in stone and allow for little variation. Some interesting builds will emerge from this though.

2 Likes

Rather than changing Demon Hunters to be able to use 2H weapons, which is a huge and scary change, why not copy the legendary affix of Furnace onto Balefire Caster, a hand xbow? Since no other class can use hand crossbows, no one will be able to ‘double-up’ on the affix. This would also allow the DH version to be tuned separately, if that turns out to be useful. And it makes Balefire Caster more exciting.

3 Likes

I see your point for defensive gameplay.
But just for a second look at a Necromancer…
You could have any 4 (if one handed + phylactery): Rilena’s, Trag’oul’s, Scythe of the Cycle, Bloodtide Blade, Nayr’s Black Death…

~OR~ Messcherschmidt and The Furnace.
The Damage potential is through the roof and that’s just the necro. I do not think it will be asl imited as people think.

For UHE builds in DH with Yang’s - Odyssey’s end, Dawn, Fortress Ballista, Calamity… You get my points. If people go for an all out damage build, what they wear can compensate.

A barb Immortal Kings Build can have all components of HoTA and Seismic slam instead of one or the other. etc etc etc

I think the season will have some interesting build combinations.

One can only dream…

1 Like