Where are the DH players?

No s.hit? Some of you guys are ridiculous. Did you play some other game than me all this years?

1 Like

Cannot look at things with any humor I take it?
One should always juggle what entertains you at all times.

Well, we’ve worked out that UE needs around a 5X boost to clear 130 at 5000 paragon and Shadow needs about a 2.5X boost to do the same.

So now let’s see about Marauder and Natalya’s.

I don’t play those sets or the N6/M4 hybrid so I don’t know much about them. I think Marauder’s is much weaker than N6 and multitudes behind N6/M4.

So maybe we should tackle Marauder’s first. But what exactly would it need, I suspect DR should be a priority. I also think that any improvement to damage will have to come in the 6 piece part of the set.

But first what are the top clears someone has done with a pure Marauder’s set? That’s a good starting point for us to determine what it needs damage wise.

Edit:

I just want to add, and I put this in another thread in the Demon Hunter Forums, that even though we didn’t get anything in this patch, which I pretty much expected we wouldn’t, that there may be reasons for that beyond “Well this proves it! They don’t care!”

I think it was said somewhere that we were intended to be one of the classes in this patch that would see their new set and things but the devs thought our class needed more work than just that, so they replaced us in this patch with the Barbarian to allow time for that work.

Though I’m not pleased with that, I also have renewed hope that we’ll see some pretty good changes in the next patch. We could see several items reworked, the new set could have a fun and interesting playstyle, and perhaps some other things that haven’t even come up in this thread yet.

So hope isn’t lost. At least for me, it isn’t. I think we should keep at this thread. The longer it gets, I believe, the more pressure it puts on the devs to bring us the change we need.

And any ideas we present in it could inspire some change they hadn’t considered and maybe they’ll work on that as well.

I know, hope isn’t much to go on, and I don’t blame some folks for being dejected but I just don’t think it’s a lost cause just yet.

Thanks again for everyone that’s participated in the thread and I really hope you continue to do so.

1 Like

No, but let’s not loose focus on composing what we need to be done to be competitive.
It is frustrating I know, but at least Blizzard has said they are going to do something about our class.

It will take more time, let’s use it to polish the ideas you guys have come up with.

1 Like

Exactly.

Thanks, Liv.

It also gives us time to work on and polish any new idea we can come up with. Or at least flesh them out a bit more with reasons and numbers, if we can, to back them up.

I think there’s a couple of things I’ll add to the OP. To at least have some more of our important issues addressed in it. Or the one’s we’ve discussed so far that is.

Yes they said they are going to do something about each class that is why DH is going to be covered at all. Only difference is DH is getting covered last.

While you are adding items to loot tables, can you also add the Bovine Bardiche for Witch Doctors, Wizards, Necros and DHs please?

That is what they do with feedback. We asked for this particular change ages ago. So expect any good suggestion here to have 0 effect on what they do in 2.6.9

They used to be faster before. I know because I know how long it took them to implement some of my ideas. Examples: Bring back exp sharing from vanilla, Challenge rifts, Create different art for Goblin shrine…

Season 20 !!! seasonal bufff called Wolcen Lord of Destruction or wait Season of Refunded Smailes
Jokes that’s what left …
truly I expect nothing From this Company
and Yes im DH RETIRED Player

With Raxxanterax’s “ Diablo 3 Season 20 Class Tier List” YouTube video he has DH dead last for Solo, group, overall, it’s only saving grace is it was #3 for speed and casual.

They just aren’t invited to anything. For support they are slight better then crusader.

So for season 21, their set needs to be godly because they need a lot of help to move up in the ranks.

1 Like

This is even better than what he did last time with Tier List. Quality info from someone who is group oriented (main support barb - brain of the mission :slight_smile: )

He is well know in hardcore community. When I say hardcore I mean part of playerbase that is pushing LBs to the limit.

1 Like

Cool video. And he mentions at the end that Blizzard has been listening.

So I don’t really understand what all the pessimism is about. We’re last this season, well that’s not changed for how many seasons now?

Point is, if we come up with ideas that make sense and make them known through all of Season 20 and into the PTR for season 21, then we should.

That’s all I’m saying.

But I’m not going to spend all time arguing with folks that are understandably fed up with being last in everything.

I want us to get what we need, but if blizzard doesn’t know or understand what we need and we don’t tell them, then yeah, Season 21 will also be bad for us, new set or not.

That’s all I’m saying.

On stream he said: “We don’t need any poll for this, cause I can already tell you that demon hunters are the worst. By a mile, they are the bastard child of Diablo 3”.

I disagree with you. All info they need is in that video. Period. If somene has to tell them what they need to do exactly then they are bad at what they are doing. Btw we already did tell them over the years so many times what they need to do. If you are interested in this topic only now, that does not mean some people before you where silent.

Majority of things written in this topic was asked for many years ago already.

DMKT said it best. You don’t need math thesis for this.

My perception of the video is different.

1. For zDPS support
    Monks and barbs are and likely will remain the two support classes in S20. Being the 3rd best support is not terribly relevant.

2. Solo and group ranking

I am not sure if we are on the final iteration of changes. Assuming that current PTR were to go live, both wizards and crusaders may be stronger than what is predicted.

Just something, I thought this thread could do was to inspire the devs.

Now, the Barbarians put together a great thread with exactly what they needed and at the end of it all, they got tons of the changes they asked for. So, I thought we could at least point out our pressing issues.

Which I guess this thread did do that. So it wasn’t complete waste of my time, I guess, but some of you folks are making rethink about having my name on it. I guess what I’m saying is, I don’t mind it when I’m figurehead and everybody’s with me with at least a modicum of excitement.

I don’t much like it when the mood changes because of a set back and everyone returns to the normal doom and gloom. Makes me feel like I’m at fault for the hurt feelings because I dredged up some enthusiasm that perhaps you folks didn’t need to feel after being ignored for so long.

I’m sorry, guys.

For me mood did not change at all. I don’t see this as a setback. After I saw patch notes I was extremely pissed because I knew we are not getting anything. Can’t get pissed over same thing 2 times. I really don’t understand why some people got exited???

You have no fault for hurt feeling at all.

You don’t have to be sorry for anything.

It is not you who is ignoring us. It is Blizzard.

1 Like

I would not worry about it. The buffs that other classes get can be both a blessing and a curse.

How many crusaders play something besides AoV in patch 2.6.7? Crusaders AoV is being nerfed for the second time (patch 2.6.7a and 2.6.8) due to the build being OP.

How many barbs play something besides ww/rend or zDPS? You should carefully compare the barb buff proposal versus the actual changes that were adopted and when those changes were made. I would pay particular attention to the thoughts on improving intraclass balance and what build should be the build with the top GR potential.

According to Blizzard, changes to DHs and necromancers will be coming in the next patch.

1 Like

MIcroRNA how many DHs are playing still? By your logic it is better to not play so we don’t become OP ever.

Don’t know. Less than last patch for sure.

I think I said earlier about the whole half glass empty/half full. Blizzard is tending to make the new sets more powerful/OP.

Crusader AoV were OP (even after nerf 1 and still super strong potentially after nerf 2 unless Blizzard nerfs it even futher before patch 2.6.8)

The second stronget build in patch 2.6.7a, WW/rend barbs, are at patch 2.6.6 wizard level. Wizards were nerfed in patch 2.6.7

Who knows the ultimate power level of WD and wizard new sets. My suspicion given the PTR data is that both will rival/surpass ww/rend barbs unless their buffs are reduced prior to live.

Given this trend and how much help DHs and necromancers need, they may end up buffed extensively.

WD might. Hydra, after nerfs and bug fixes, I don’t think so. But that is not so much important for overall class rank. That is the point.

Necro has cool legendary items so season theme will work for it. One really important thing is Blizzard said they balance around non season and uploaded video is about performance for next season.

Most of people play seasons so that should be what is relevant.

I agree that WD would likely be better than wizards. Both wizards and WDs have cleared GR 142 on the PTR. In comparison, the top ww/rend PTR clear in the last PTR was 140 (that build did not go live as lamentation belt rend bonus was reduced from 200% to 150%). Even with the reduced buff, barbs still did 146 in non-season.