When does Season 30 end?

We know S31 starts on April 12, so does the current Season end on the 7th?

2 Likes

I’m going to predict Tuesday, April 9, 2024 at 5 PM PDT, when the Patch would normally be deployed. (We need at least one day to clean up our Stash before creating a new mess.   )

2 Likes

Don’t Seasons usually end on a Sunday?

3 Likes

I am totally fine if they end it before S31 starts or at the same time. I always clear anything I don’t want transferred well before the end time. And as for cleaning up the stash, once the transfer happens we have literally a month to do that. So 3 weeks into the new season when things start to get boring you can just handle all that mess then.

I am less concerned with stash cleanup than with getting the most out of shards before they disappear.
I play all 3 Regions on 2 accounts and it has all been HC this Season for the Augments.

1 Like

Yes, but…   ♪ "The times they are a changin’ " ♪

I don’t like having to deal with the after-Season in-game mail. So, I load up my Characters with all the loot. I also Rebirth my main Characters. So, I need to unload them first.  

For me Asia and EU are easy. I clean those up way before I am even done with NA.

If there is no announcement, I will assume Sunday the 7th so I don’t get caught flat-footed.
There was no announcement last Season and many said WTF?

5 Likes

See I never do that, my main characters never get rebirthed so that they maintain their campaign played status. When you rebirth them they lose the progress they made in the campaign and you cannot then easily pop to a specific scene if desired. Also because I play every class I have one of each and they are each filled with all the excess class gear that won’t fit in my non-season stash. When I want to play Barb for example I have one empty tab in stash where all the excess Barb stuff gets dumped so that it has a free inventory to play with. When done playing it I put all that Barb stuff back into the NS Barb’s inventory and stick it back on the shelf til next time. Basically my NS characters are also stash tabs.

I have my “Placeholder” Characters for that. They never get rebirthed, but they have completed the Campaign. This is easy for me since I stopped playing all Classes. Demon Hunter is my main Class. I create a Seasonal Crusader to craft, reforge and enchant items for my Templar. Sometimes I may play a different Class just for fun. But, when I’m through with them I delete them and salvage their gear.

1 Like

Yah, it’s a bit of a juggling act for me as I am not willing or able to get rid of any of my holder chars. I have 7 normal and 1 HC that are perm forever. The remaining slots are used to play a season then I delete the seasonal ones when I am done with them except for my main seasonal DH which stays til the next season begins and gets transferred over.

I’d be doing this too if there were more character slots.

Ideally I would have 4x character slots for each class to use in NS… 2 permanent for SC and 2 permanent for HC.

And additional 3x character slots for use in seasons would also be needed (though I’d be happy with 7x slots for seasons for those who play all classes each season).

I wouldn’t need two accounts if this was the case.

This is what I am going with. It has been the norm the last several seasons that the old one ended the Sunday before the next one started. As usual, more great Blizz communication.

I think they announced S29 ending when they announced the start date for S30, which was like 2 days before S29 ended. Fortunately for S29, there was only a handful of people playing after a week or two, so not many were affected.

3 Likes

I think April 7 makes the most sense. If it was any earlier or later I think they would let us know so we can prepare. But then again, the Devs are not know for providing relevant information.

2 Likes

Seasons start on Fridays. Seasons end on Sundays. Non-emergency patches are applied to live on Tuesdays. So, working backwards…

Friday, April 12 = Season 31 start
Tuesday, April 9th = Latest that the patch can be applied to live servers (non-emergency)
Sunday, 7th April = Latest that Season 30 can end

As that’s just 10 days away, you’d think they’d have a Season 30 Ending announcement post by now, right?

2 Likes

That’s Sunday the 7th April.

6 Likes

I am going to miss Soul Shards, lol.

I’ve had a lot of fun this season, kinda hate to see it end. As someone who didn’t even start the game until S28, though, I am looking forward to being able to slot whatever I want in each of the 3 Cube slots.

Duly amended.
(I was in a rush)

2 Likes

Confirmed by blue post…

2 Likes

Question for you dear admin. Once the season finished, what is next? I was playing today, then, I left for a break, and when I come back season has gone!