When does season 22 start?

i know the ptr starts on the 1st and ends on the 15th but is there any chance that the season will start in the 23rd?

WHEN DOES SEASON 22 START?

Like every other season, it will start when someone flips the switch. They have not told us when.

2 Likes

I think for the past few seasons the seasons end date came shortly after PTR end date, in this case the PTR ends on the 15th. So usually the season end date has been on a Sunday, so my guess would be the 18th of October being the S21 end date. Then considering that there has been that 12 days downtime between seasons, my guess for the Season 22 start date would be on October 30th. It’s just a guess, theres no official announcement yet.

1 Like

yeah this was the case for the last 2 times.
2 weeks ptr, from oct. 1st to oct 15th, final patchnotes on oct 21st and seasonstart at oct 30th.

Best guess someone can make at that point. Maybe even later, if they face issues with this seasonal theme too this time and decide to do it more properly than last time. But i doubt it.

My prediction is either October 23rd or 30th. I see no reason to stretch it into November. Unless there are bug issues that delays the season start date.

I hope you are right, but I doubt it. For the last two seasons the lead time between PTR start and season start was 36 days. So my prediction for S22 is rather 6 November.

It has already been confirmed that in addition to the 2 week PTR there will at least 1 week of internal testing. That means the patch rolls out officially on October 27th at earliest. After the patch they’ll also need enough time to see if there’s any leftover issues and fix them before season starts.

Altair’s prediction of November 6th is most likely.

4 Likes

And here I was hoping the week of internal testing would happen BEFORE they gave it to us on PTR.

They test it internally before the give it to us. Then we test it, and break stuff, and they have to fix it, and re-test it internally before putting it live.

Please note that the part where they fix things before live seems optional these days.

3 Likes

I feel like the upcoming season is the new “apology,” just like Star Trek VI.

“They”? You mean he or she. They, implies there is more than one person working on Diablo 3. There is in fact not.

D3 = a light bulb. You are saying that Blizz dedicated time for only one person to screw in a light bulb?

1 Like