When an argument falls apart

That is obviously not true.

I personally see a lot more whine from the “no changes” side, but we probably have different experiences about that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

moar garbage! it was already said “we’re not doing it” so did u move on? no instead of moving moar topics about the thing thats already been said that it’s not happening!

1 Like

It was also said ‘discussion is encouraged’. Doesn’t matter the slightest what Rod might or might not have said or meant in his tweet. The topic is as relevant as ever.

1 Like

Facts… !!
D2 Res is a remaster there has always been private loot in d2 its called solo mf no ones there to take it if you play solo…
I swear the people asking for private loot are just lazy gamers or they were handed to many participation trophies as a kid…

1 Like

this ain’t discussion anymore it’s more like a topic spam after rejected ploot!

1 Like

if there were no people whining for change because they have no aim skills there will no people need to defend something that was clear since day 1

Thats quite rude actually.
Whine thing is purely subjective (as Shadout stated), for me it seems like it is more whine from plooters side :slight_smile: (but it is biased and I really cant be bothered to count)

2 Likes

For some of us it is. But I obviously can’t speak for you and others.

Is it even possible that after an even clearer statement by the very same guy that discussion is more than welcome on the topic that you people tone down your hostilities?
Apparently not.

Also he said that it wont be added at launch. And that they considered it already in their team.
A clear statement about it never being added would read very different.

And it will add alot of games suitable for joining for others.

Also the games you were talking about were not suitable for your joining before either. Why? Because these people played solo before.

You mean up to 1/8 of the loot? So significantly less than in an FFA game? Sounds like a big improvement to me.

Easy solution: No ploot for hardcore.
It is hardcore afterall.

I already suggested not adding ploot to ladder and i would argue that the same could apply to hardcore.
Your problem is solved now. yw.

I think they said that is how the game was intended to be played. You know, original design idea and all. Harsh environment.

2 Likes

Epic. So all they want is higher loot chances.
The very same thing they are accusing us of.

The irony.

You never got an answer anywhere close to that.
You even made a thread and asked us to explain it to you, which we happily did.
Look what it did. You still are in the same dellusions as before. Do not push the blame, buddy. We answered every single of your questions. Even in a borderline-trollish thread.

Depends on implementation. My suggestion is that it is configurable upon game creation.
e.g. something between 0-30 seconds (in 10th seconds). 0 would be FFA. Over time best practice timings for different run types would emerge.

Yeah, right. That never happened in FFA games ever before, so good that we can always fall back on that mode.
Dishonest argument or a fundamental misperception. Seeing an item does not mean that you will get it. You FFA people seem to confuse that alot.

That is how chances work sometimes. Still it is unlikely. And yet we are used to it doing hundreds of mf runs without ever even seeing a good item. That is literally the game we chose to buy. If you do not want that to happen, you are basically asking for higher drop rates.

And if you care for the thought experiment. In an FFA game where everybody is equally “skilled” (able to click their mouse button very, very fast) their chances to get each item would basically be averaging out at 1/8 anyway. So the exact same thing would happen in a perfectly matched FFA game.
So the drop chances, frustration, luck, whatever you call it will not change much at all. Our main point is that we do not want to play the clicking-minigame.

Maybe people play at a slower pace than you.
Or maybe they are more selective about where they are placing their limited amount of clicks that they can do within the boundries of their abilities. Maybe clicking 1000 times on items in every run is something they do not want to add to that level of engagement. Maybe 100 times on monsters is enough to enjoy the game.
Maybe they have special controllers that are suitable to cast vector spells but not suitable to pin-point a text item.
Maybe they can see shapes but not read item letters.
Players come in many shapes and sizes. Just because you cannot imagine that there are different ways to approach a game, does not mean that its your way or the highway.
Why force all these people into private/solo games? Did they not pay the same price for the game as you? Why take their enjoyment away? Why limit their freedom?

Read his quote again, then you might get the strong hint on what he was trying to tell you.
Some people are just tone-deaf…

2 Likes

That (the equivalence of loot output) has been our argument the entire time.
Still it would mean alot to many members of the community. Because for some this actually allows them to enjoy the game more without impacting balance of the rest of the community or taking something away from them.

Which they can always go back to, if they think that would be the case. FFA will still be the other option.

Also keep in mind that for every case where you pick something before, there is 7 other cases where another player picks something before you. I’ll leave it to you to figure out the math behind that.

Accessability does not mean that something is easy.

2 Likes

It wasnt trolling topic at all, i was honestly interested to hear answers to question i made.

Yes some people explained there how it should work but it was after actualy I done the most work typing rules myself even when i am against ploot.

But as I said its rare to see explenation how it should work in detail and i actualy had to make topic to get to that, instead of reading about it in other ploot topics where authors failed to provide proper explanation.

I never said it doesnt happen in FFA games, i am saying it will happen in ploot games also. So thats not improvement.

Why? Why should a person who has impairments be required to hope that some family member takes them by their hand and plays the game for them?
Why cant they just click the game that they bought and play with people by a matchmaking option that opts-out of frantic clicking games? There are many people who would happily play that option. With impairment or with bad connection or with slow pc or with loud kids in the background or after just coming off overtime work and wanting to have a short and enjoyable match with people.

All these groups would benefit from that mode. At zero cost to any of you guys.

It is a bit more than that.
If you agree to share loot, there will most of the time still be someone who picks up the loot anyway. And yes, that person will share the loot many of those times. But it will still be a “free handout”. That might not be what some people want to have.
They do not want to play a match and then at the end get some items dropped from another guy. They play their own character and they want to get their own loot. Not in a solo game, but in a team game.
Ploot would allow players to easily make the distinction between what they can pick up and what they cannot to give each other the space during looting that they agree on.

Paralympics are on at the moment. Take a look at Sitting Volleyball. There are people without limbs playing alongside with people who have their full ability. All the people with full ability need to do to have a fun and fair match is to sit down. The game is still challenging and competitive. All it needs is a change of perspective.
Some of you might not want to sit down, others would. And if there are people willing to sit down, why do you take away their freedom to do so?

Ironically you are acting like a child who does not want to share their candy with their sibblings.

2 Likes

You might agree that the rules you typed out were misleading, so the most work was done by the people correcting you on what the ploot-crowd was actually asking for.

I am always happy to reply to honest questions.
Still i do not see many. I think the problem is more that no questions are being asked and the same false assumptions are being made over and over again. You have no idea how many people i already needed to ignore, because they are still claiming that we are asking for the d3 system. Even after telling them an abundance of time that there are huge differences between what we are asking for and what d3 has.
They are obviously trying to destroy any constructive discussion that we could have with other users. Even after being calmed down by the lead designer himself, they cannot calm their horses.
Now would be the time to discuss with the level-headed. To find the flaws of the system and possible solutions for it.

Why do we have to improve on every aspect? As long as we are equal on an aspect there is no downside to switch.

1 Like

Yeah sure,

Classic gameplay
Classic gameplay
Classic gameplay
Classic gameplay
Classic gameplay

do i need to write it in another language until you get it?

1 Like

5FG per Blash Ear. 10FG per MicroRNA ear.

I am loving this new game mode.

2 Likes

Man i feel bad for you that ploot aint coming you can join me and my friends in baal/cs runs and ill leave some loot on the ground for you aswell.

This statement would be true, if you meant it by not having a toggle option. By your own logic, I believe you’re admitting the toggle option would be unfaithful to the game, as you can toggle between “original experience” and otherwise.

I still don’t see how it would be appropriate for D2. Solo farming would still be more efficient for either loot system, so I don’t see the point. FFA just makes sense for the kind of game D2 is. Competing over loot drops is also fun and engaging. It means even monotonous Baal runs can still be engaging and requiring your attention for loot. Changing to an AA/ploot system would remove much of the excitement and thrill of loot drops. But I digress. I’ve never felt FFA to be a problem, even when I was a whiny lazy self-entitled kid. But I also generally don’t think it’s a problem because of how everyone plays the game-- you either solo farm or coordinate with friends. I think there’s also merit to a system that encourages you to coordinate with friends.

Unfortunately this may have to come to pass, otherwise I will not be buying D2R.

If Blizzard had been clear and honest about their intentions, I don’t think it would have been a bad thing to announce a simultaneous release of both a remaster and a remake of D2. It would have pleased those seeking a remaster, as well as pleasing those seeking an expansion of D2.

1 Like

I am not sure if i follow. Are you demonstrating how that whiny kid is crying for the thing it wants to have? The kid in your first example.

1 Like

is not what i wanted is what i payed for

if you go the market and you bought and paid for a regular coke and they give you a pepsi what would you do?

1 Like