When an argument falls apart

Strongly agree with this sentiment in general.

Well, you already proven to me based on your replies that you aren’t part of the toxic minority in my book. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is not a logical comparison. Graphic settings are not the same as gameplay settings.

With all due respect, the more you talk, the more it shows us you’ve never played D2. Why does this matter? Because if you’ve never played the game, you won’t know what you’re talking about. For all we know, you’re just trolling us.

You’re right. The game was promised to be a remaster, and clearly Blizzard has broken that promise. It’s more of a remake now. However, it’s only becoming a remake because of people like you demanding for it to be a remake. Saying “I don’t want a remaster, I want a remake.” Now we have a very confused product.

Yes, and in case you missed it when you quoted me, I addressed gambling. That was literally half my quote. But it seems you still missed the point. You don’t need this change for gambling.

I’ve seen no arguments from you. When we suspect you of trolling, you just deflect by saying that’s not an argument, meanwhile failing to provide an argument yourself.

I’m pretty sure trolls who seek to disenfranchise fans by derailing a promised product is the worst in the community.

I’m still waiting for you to present an argument in favor of your proposed change. You haven’t even addressed my previous points. Since you ignore my points, the least you can do is present an argument.

That is literally how most public baal runs look right now.
Stand in town, wait for tp to open up, go into throne room, stay in upper right corner, run for loot after every wave, rush into portal, try to outrune teleporting carry to grab some loot.

That is 100% every public baal run. What makes you think that is not an accurate description? Have you opened the game lately?

Adding an option does not disenfranchise fans, it enfranchises fans!

2 Likes

It’s how I remember public baal runs going 12 years ago.
Although the leeching loot part was kinda hard with the pickit bots around.

3 Likes

They do, in solo play, ranged builds have an advantage. In party play, melees have the advantage. With ploot ranged builds have the overall advantage.

and u shall not have! if u see it this way noone is forcing to play the game!

well mayby but so is dev team also as there’s no ploot will be added! and i think it’s more like saving the game from bad options than being selfish thing…go ask nonsence for other games much as u want

so u just did admit wanting to have increased drop rates and we should not do anything about that?

games a remastered from the original. You add p loot and then you change the game. It’s no longer a remaster. So no.

It is already debatable whether the game is a remake or a remaster.

Ploot takes away freedom from players to pick up everything they want so no thank you. We dont need ploot.

This game offers plenty of opportunities how to get loot.

You are absolutely right. They talk out of both sides of their mouths. “I don’t want leaches.” “I hardly ever see leaches.” and all the examples you gave. The funniest part is that they popped in here and did exactly as you said they would too and yet the irony is lost on them.

For the record, I couldn’t care less if they add it or don’t as I just play solo or with friends anyway, because this community is trash and has been for 20 years, but I do think ploot is a good idea personally.

2 Likes

Then play solo, multi player isn’t for you.
Why is everyone trying to repaint the Mona Lisa?

Is this even possible, that after clear statement from Rod Fergusson about NOT DOING THIS PLOOT NONSENSE, this hapless goon still make another cry cry topic about it? Atrocious.

Both toggles preserve the original experience.

And eh, widescreen changes the game view. Hard to argue that isn’t some amount of gameplay change.
Small of course, like Ploot.

Not really since you can just choose FFA to be able to do that.

1 Like

You cant choose anything if you join the game. If your argument will be that i dont have to join ploot games, sure i dont have to, but it will remove certain number of games suitable for joining.

I also belive that ploot will have other negative effects which will be abused. Like leecher not doing anything and then picking up loot.

1 Like

Likely you won’t even notice the difference in number of games. Whether you have 100 or 200 Baal runs to join at any moment will feel just the same.

Definitely already happens in FFA too and will continue to happen.

1 Like

actually in all likelihood people who would be playing in personal loot games will spend the majority of their time in private games instead not suddenly start making tons more ffa games. so it doesn’t remove anything just adds games that you could but choose not to join.

3 Likes

Did you ever played hardcore? If you are leecher and items drops in fight, you going there for loot will get you killed. Because obviously leecher have trash equip and low level mostly, thats why they leech. With ploot, you are not risking much, you simply wait until its safe.