What's Blizz's stance on streamers who verbally abuse members of this community?

That is not a violation of the Twitch rules. Further, if you post on the Diablo forums, your battletag is available for anyone to see. You made that decision when posting. Just naming someone while talking on Twitch is not against any rules anywhere.

If he made violent threats that would be an issue for Twitch and Law Enforcement. If he encouraged people to misuse the forum report functions then that would be an issue for the Blizzard forum mods because it involved Blizzard’s forum platform.

The only place he can’t name and shame so to speak, is by posting here.

Not even remotely the same. Blizzard was not hosting his Twtich Stream nor was he representing Blizzard during the stream. Even so, you are wrong to think naming someone on a Twitch stream would get him in trouble with Blizzard.

Blizzard’s house Blizzard’s rules. Twitch’s House, Twitch’s rules. Unless he has a contract with Blizz for how he has to behave outside Blizz platforms, they can’t do anything to him.

This whole thing is starting to feel like kids squabbling and expecting someone else to step in and fix it. I have no patience and would simply lock it all, turn the bus around, and send everyone to bed without desert.

11 Likes

Look at the language you use. When refering to people who play barb and use the forums, they’re your “barb brothers” even when you admit they step out of line and use harsh comments.

But when you talk about the lordfluffy guy, and he steps out of line and uses harsh comments, you call him a “trash collector”. I’m pretty sure there are other words that have been used too.

You extend forgiveness for some, and not for others. I guess it depends if your face fits or not? There some sort of clique at work here? A boys club?

I suspect when people talk about elitism, this is what they’re refering to.

4 Likes

First of all, I am not for or against anyone regarding this.
But was not said streamer named and shamed first on this very forum?

5 Likes

On that thread which everyone including yourself contributed to, The EULA was made very clear to all and sundry - regarding using Blizzard in an unauthorised environment.
I did not write the rules, they did.

EDIT:

It wasn’t cool, was not a good look.
Fluffy does some great things for the community, but not matter how anyone wants to twist the MO, it was not a good thing and it was personal, not game centric. So people can twist it to say it wasn’t but if that was true, he’d have had no need to show or name. full-stop.

He didn’t attack them. He vented on stream. Attacking would be telling his stream do go flag or down vote (if that was still possible) all of their posts. It’s his stream and he is entitled to do whatever he wants (within twitch rules).

6 Likes

That is my understanding and as a result Blizzard locked the thread and removed the call out link. Streamer: "Small Nerf"

Mod Edit: As this thread was created to insult another player and the thread is being derailed by trolling and toxicity, we’re locking this down.

It is an example. Trash collector is not him but may be us. It means one can learn something from someone. Always.

You really really don’t understand the difference and I am not sure how to make you see.

Twitch - a private platform where people can play games and talk about what they want. Blizzard has no contractual relationship with Twitch nor with most individuals on there.

esports event Blizzard was hosting - contractual relationship about disruptive behavior that Blizzard can enforce.

2 Likes

Ok you have made me see that aspect - thanks, but I am pretty sure nobody condones naming people and the platform (clearly) of another company for personal reasons where the motives for doing it were not pure and personal, that benefit nobody, no matter how people seem to wish to validate it.

You do have means to defend yourself. You can make another post, you can make a video reply. If the truth is on your side, you can own the person on the other end and put him in his place. Hell, you can even cost him plenty of followers by doing so.

I don’t know, call me old fashioned, but in my opinion this does matter.

Of course, if you’re right, that does not necessarily mean, that you should hammer someone into the ground, but then again it comes to choice and context.

I do not believe Blizzard should take any action against the streamer. People can draw their own conclusions.

5 Likes

Whatever. I dont care about this drama really, I have no dog in this race. I made an observation anyone could have made. Lordfluffy, barb brothers, it all sounds like a fever dream.

Well that’s what I thought, thanks for the info.
So maybe this could be the reason as to why he addressed this on his stream?
He was discussed on a different platform without possibility to defend himself, then he simply did the same thing.
That is the way I see it anyway.
That on the other hand does not justify all of his actions either.
Many harsh words and implications were used in his stream which never would have been allowed on this very forum.

1 Like

Um - that’s not exactly correct - he could here and only had to reply here - but the people he criticised could not defend themselves on his stream. Maybe they can now? I have no idea - and if they see this they very well may do if they can.

2 Likes

If you watched the video it’s even worse. Unless there were private convos somewhere else, barb forum guys pretty much did nothing but attack his topics and he pretty much responded civilly every time. And all just because there were similar builds.
Even if a build is similar there isn’t much depth to Diablo 3 so it’s not unrealistic for 2 people to create identical builds. The builds weren’t even competitive. Just for fun/speed runs.

2 Likes

Well maybe so, I do not know if he is still active here or not.
Anyway it feels like this is something the people involved could solve outside of forums and whatnot. Less drama.

1 Like

The affix on lamentation is a hot button issue. Unfortunately, some have crossed the line into behavior that is unbecoming. As bad as the locked thread/streamer situation is, there is a post/meme in the megathread that I feel is far worse and incredibly inappropriate that still exists. I may be hypersensitive, based on past experiences.

He doesn’t need to justify his actions tho. It’s his stream. He can talk about whatever he wants.

3 Likes

It should have simply stayed on the forum. That is why people are upset.

2 Likes

If he is indeed active here then I see your point, but why was not the original post about him as his account there then?
Do you see what I am getting at?
He was addressed as the streamer with a link to his twitch right?

Yeah. It should stay in the one place where the barb-elitists could use the whole forum to bully a single person lol. This is a horrible argument.

3 Likes