What will be YOUR Day 1 setup be? (Plans, Hours, Snack Food)

My bosses are pretty cool. They usually won’t ask unless it’s necessary. Unlike working for a corporation, they are willing to shut down unnecessary operations with labor shortages.

This will be the most challenging for me to take the time to meal prep healthy foods vs. more convenient foods. I did park my power rack and peleton next to my gaming setup though. :joy:

Considering im 33, wife and 2 kids (8 & 5) im not going as hard as I noramlly, would, still harder than most.

Assuming this launches at 1pm eastern…

My MAIN go harder than ever days 23-27th After that, for the remaining month of October ill average 10-12hours a day. Streaming will be my full time job until at least December.

Prep : Redbull, Coffee (going to try to limit the caffeine as to not crash), Half Oz of weed. Food im thinking, pizza, pizza, Chipolte.

• Prep with my premade probably an hour before launch, make sure everyones on the same page and what not. Whatever the launch time is im purposely sleeping up until 1hour before that.

• Ill be playing Hammerdin, our main group goal is rush to a5 hell → baal run farming for a day , maybe 2 (as a group) any high runes we find in the first 24hours get sold and split amongst the group (unless we find a jah or ber ofc, we will try to make enigma and sell then split profits).

*Saturday , we rush our alts thru to a5 hell (sorc for me), then rinse repeat farming

*Sunday back to hammerdin farming baal runs to lvl 90

TL DR

36Hours online from launch day
Sleep for 6-8
Another 36 online
Sleep for 6
Regular play schedule of 10-12hours a day til Next year

Luckily my old lady is a good sport

Totally worth it though! You end up enjoying the gaming instead of feeling like crud.

That is one of the reasons I normally batch cook something I can re-heat then make fresh sides/salads.

Like, if I make chili I can have it a lot of ways. Even just microwave a baked potato then top it with chili, cheese, greek yogurt (instead of sour cream). Make a fast side salad. Dinner is done.

Having a few containers of healthy veggies/fruit/nuts handy is also easy.

What is your fav raw veggie? Mine is honestly cauliflower. I am dangerous around it and will eat anything on a veggie tray or in the fridge.

My little (or not so little anymore) niece grabs and eats raw kale from the garden and tomatoes. Sort of like a large bipedal rabbit.

1 Like

My sympathies, bud. As a first responder I have seen many levels of this awful virus and the recovery following. Keep positive and keep up the solid work of caring for them.

3 Likes

Green eggs and ham.

Consistency is key. I’m not breaking my routine for a game not worth it :slight_smile:

Carrot, you eat cauliflower raw I didn’t even know you could do that… anyhow that’s gross lol

Oh yeah, out in the sticks = generator or you’re sol.

All my life dealing with it and flooding but you get used to it. Great for the garden beds xD

Definitely looking to do my own sauces again this year. Had basil, oregano and parsley last year with Jersey tomatoes. Gotta get my fermentation station all set up so I can do all that good stuff too.

1 Like

Logon and hope for no Error 37

3 Likes

More than any other thread I’ve seen on this forum, I feel I am among many other middle-aged dads haha

Probably going to take the Thursday & Friday off while the little guy is at school and then send him to grandma’s for the weekend so I can go hard in D2R the first weekend without feeling guilty about my wife having to do all the parenting.

I usually start an assassin and sorc on two separate keys. The assassin farms the first few runewords, and hopefully, some 10fcr rings and amulet. She just does the first few countess runs so much faster. Then I swap to sorc and potion chug through normal and use her to grind spirit and insight at nm countess then Meph farming for a while until I get some decent gear. Early Sigons makes alts so much faster. NM cows for some reasonable runeword bases too. Hopefully find a couple Lems for a merc and assassin treachery. Then I rush through the assassin so she can do hell first. I think sorc is just awful in hell with early gear. A trapsin feels a hell of a lot better to be honest except the council is tricky. Then carry the sorc so she can pure blizzard Meph and ancient tunnels.

That all assumes being mostly solo and finding random trist/tomb/Baal groups though. May be different if I get in a really good group that goes the whole way.

I am really sorry to hear that :frowning:

1 Like

Food? Snacks? Drinkage?

1 Like

Really enjoyed this post. Hit home and similar experience re: lunch on top of a mountain. You definitely are lucky to still have him, :slight_smile:

On a funny note - we also slept on top of the mountain, and pack rats stole the rest of our food, and more supplies.

Was still worth it and a fond memory of a great old man.

<3 I too am nostalgic and hungry, now.

Raw beef and high-end soju! :heart_eyes:

gl with that :man_facepalming:

1 Like

https://c.tenor.com/Qk5fsbmnSdQAAAAM/stop-it-get-some-help.gif

• Lights off
  • Candles on
  • Make sure cats are satisfied and won’t be a distraction
  • Make a big mug of warm tea and milk
  • Get comfy and wrap myself in blankets

AND THEN PROCEED TO RIP EVERYTHING TO SHREDS AS A FURY WEREWOLF

3 Likes

Depends a bit on when the launch will be time-wise in my time-zone (GMT). If it’s afternoon/evening/night I will probably do an 8-man hell run in the first 3-4 hours and then Diaruns until level 85 with the group, then go to sleep for a bit.

Friday I don’t have to work so I will grind CS with my hammerdin until my body hurts. Rinse repeat for Saturday/Sunday.

I do not take a holyday to see error21 or vhatever.
Wait a week for that.
Playing HC so would be nice if servers are fast and stable.

Didn’t see any errors during the beta, neither open or closed. Let’s goooooo!