What will be YOUR Day 1 setup be? (Plans, Hours, Snack Food)

That sounds amazing indeed. Yes, definitely hungry and nostalgic.

1 Like

I keep trying different stuff but keep going back to the same recipes. Basics are so good when done perfectly.

Don’t get me wrong, my jalapeño cheddar sourdough is amazing and all but a plain slice is so good with just amish market whipped butter. Can’t beat it.

I highly recommend those curry puffs. One of the few things I crave but sometimes get meh with wanting to do puff pastry. Wish it didn’t take 2d to make lol

Talk about old…I’m 32 and yapping on a video game forum about bread and food, while listening to cooking shows in the background. GF sitting next to me house shopping.

1 Like

Haha. I’m really just now getting back to my computer tonight. Been mostly browsing with my phone while watching dvds. As much as I like junk food, I try to stay away from it. I can count the amount of times I’ve ordered take out/drive through since pandemic started on one hand. As some stated, keeping the weight off with age can be tough, though I have had a fairly easy time of it since beginning of last year (lost 40 lbs last year, muahaha)

1 Like

Ironically enough I’m just now about to leave work! 20 minutes to goooooo

This is why I will buy it.

Young-un :stuck_out_tongue:
I love cooking shows too though. Twitch cooking streams are also a ton of fun. You get to ask questions, give ideas, etc. Very enjoyable.

Ouch! Hard market right now. I was lucky enough to buy last recession in 2009 and got a huge tax credit too. It comes with down sides though…like gutters, yards, and things that break! Then if YOU break it all gets harder.

I feel for anyone trying to buy right now with the prices way up. Still, better now than when interest rates go up.

I make a wonderful, Pumpkin Date Bread. Make like 4 loafs at end of Octo. Its so good.

Now that is something I have never even heard of! I can imagine it would be rather good. Without googling, I suspect a sort of warm spice profile fits it perfectly.

Deckards’ Delicacies. Going with that for lobby name.

1 Like

Haha you should definitely try zucchini cinnamon bread. Basically banana bread but moiiiist

Wuh, you can make a moist nanner bread lol.

I’m just hoping we get more help at my job soon. My single turn around 12 just got updated to double turn around 12s for my weekends. Got one to push through before launch, but going to be really rough to give up playing two weekends a month stuck at work. -_-

Delicate and Diablo don’t go together though. I can’t even imagine him using that word. Hrm.

I am not stuck on using Diablo’s Cauldron though. I just think it would be a good themed name.

Oh totally. I’m definitely not looking for anything fancy, just a yard where I can do my gardening and grow veggies/herbs. Fixer upper would even be fine cause I is handy.

1 Like

we got a few days before launch to settle on a good lobby name for recipe sharing :stuck_out_tongue:

Geh. That’s definitely no bueno. :< Ganbare! faito!

1 Like

That part is so nice! I just roasted several sheet pans of cherry and roma tomatoes this weekend then turned them into fresh simmered basil sauce. Froze most of it. Then picked another large container of tomatoes yesterday morning. Heh. I suspect I will have a nice freezer full of sauce base for winter. Also celery to freeze and lots of herbs to dry or turn into pesto.

EDIT - when you get your house, look into a chest freezer for the basement or garage. They are fantastic! I get things on sale, butcher into steaks/roasts, then freeze. Along with chili, soups, stock, etc. Oh, and a generator, you need one of those too probably. Keeps freezer safe when power is out. Depends on where you live of course.

1 Like

I have frozen several bags of rhubarb and strawberries, to make pies with over the winter :stuck_out_tongue:

Love my some strawberry rhubarb custard pie, with crumble oat topping :smiley:

Yep. They hired someone the was supposed to start yesterday; called out sick. No show today. Supposed to have got a couple more in the pipeline, but probably a 2-3 week wait before they start, if luck permits. Despite the rougher schedule, still only equating to 45 hours a week, waaaay better than the 50-60 hrs I was stuck on in management years ago.

Hopefully everything turns out for the better and you end up being able to work your normal hours. I’ve made it glaringly clear to my lead and boss that they will never get me to work OT ever again. Amazon doesn’t pay me nearly enough to deal with their botched truckyard logistics.

1 Like

Alrighty! It is time for me to begin shut down and get ready to go home! I’ma go make that beef chili that MissCheetah stuck in my head when I get home.

4 Likes