What will be YOUR Day 1 setup be? (Plans, Hours, Snack Food)

Gonna make it as hard as possible for myself by running a Whirlwind Barbarian first character through.

The edgy teen in me demands that my first real weapon be a Doombringer, and a Doombringer I shall have!.. Even if I don’t obtain it 3-4 characters later… lol.

1 Like

I think I’m going to be different this time and go concentrate/berserk 2h barb for once. I almost always went frenzy barb in the past.

I imagine it will be fine through nightmare and then become a chore in hell until I can get some gear. At that point I’ll probably make the same sorc that everyone else is using for MF runs

1 Like

At least as a Zerker, dedicated or otherwise, you’ll be able to tear through CS easily on your own.

1. going to log into vanilla d2 lod ladder, find a newb game, and then drop all my stuff i have collected in the last month and a half. HRs, enigma, torches, etc: everything must go!
  2. play d2r until i pass out from exhaustion.

and that’s about it.

3 Likes

remember to stock up energy drinks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

They already said they won’t be adding balance changes at launch. Just refund, man. It’ll be less painful for everyone if you do it now.

What are you talking about? :slight_smile: lvl 85 is easy first day.

1 Like

Well, I mean… maybe. Shhh! :woozy_face:

Take sorc, focus ice blast keep joining game with people but level solo elsewhere. Ice blast is strong to kill in 1-3 shots even at p7. Best is joining act quests and go finish act 2 quests there solo while also leveling to 20. Then keep doing quests in act and make lvl 24 in same way. Rush the act 4 and 5, do ancients and baalruns to 40. Respec at 30 and everything into orb ice bolt and mastery btw, you can even again do solo baalruns in games with other people. Rush NM with teleport. To baalruns. Level up to 70 there, rush to ancients tunnels and run them until you make lvl 85, done :slight_smile:

1 Like

This Zax fella is ready to churn out 10 characters the first week of the game, lol.

1 Like

Yeah man, I noticed it at 28.

1 Like

The day before:

• Make a big pot of beef chili. Healthy, tasty, easy to reheat.
  • Cut up some raw veggies for snacks
  • Check supply of dried fruit and peanuts.
  • Put some extra water bottles in the fridge
  • Verify I have half and half for my coffee

Day of - relax and enjoy! I will take breaks as needed but plan to just play for quite a long time. Prob sorc first, or possibly Amazon.

2 Likes

Now you’ve gone done it Cheetah… Now I’m going to have to make some. Beef Chili’s a personal favorite.

1 Like

I actually think I’ll be waiting till mon of the week following.

Every launch of every game in the past decade has had me watching a progress bar and scrolling YouTube on my phone for multiple hours then experiencing lost connection and severe server lag.

I don’t have the patience for that anymore so I’ll likely be farming on my LoD chars, trying to get that infinity (4os eth thresher dropped yest 1st time ever) on my necro and waiting it out.

But.

Day of, I’m making myself homemade taco bell chalupas (I make cumin flavored Navajo fry bread for the shells), have a hearty mtn dew code red after 5yrs of being clean and walking towards hell on a ladder HC nec.

Gonna experience the full thing solo until nightmare end or likely hell end, then get into pubs and make friends.

I kinda wanna only make 1 char (outside mules for grail) and hit 99 on HC for the first time ever as I usually RIP around 94-96 area.

1 Like

If the beta was any indication of how things will go, the launch will be near flawless.
Beta was super stable with very few hiccups despite hundreds of thousands of people playing. Launch day, they’ll be prepared for anything.

I hope so but my weekends are messy anyway and I usually get more playtime during the week.

Just with my luck with every game launch & major content patch day (especially dota), I tend to just sit all frustrated.

Much excite though. That necro trailer was fantastic.

1 Like

No! Now I am jelly… Ugh, Will I now have to make a Beef Roast? Why you guys do this!

1 Like

I didn’t even scroll to notice the beef chili post!

I just made a big ol crockpot of my tournament winning chili (11yrs in a row) and jalapeño cheddar sourdough for the labor day picnic this past sun.

Had chili dogs and chili fries last night for dinner with the leftovers.

2 Likes

Starting to feel like making this thread while at work was a big mistake. Just getting more and more cravings for good food.

If it makes you feel better, I just made hot pastrami on rye with coleslaw, provolone and thousand island dressing with a side of potato salad from the local deli.

3 Likes