What to reroll on primal Oathkeeper

Got primal OK with Str, IAS and AD.

What stat would You suggest to reroll and why?

As the Frenzy build already has huge attack speed, I’d be tempted to re-roll the IAS to CDR, to give higher up-time of WotB.

1 Like

Don’t reroll yet. Let me think for a minute.

3 Likes

That was my first thought. Then I decided to ask opinions from people here. LoH on weapon is very strong stat and can be rerolled, as I already have 46+ cdr. Also, I heard AD is not very good for H90, but from my experience, in density H90 damage drops significantly, and AD helps clear big packs. As for IAS, it is good if helps reach next breakpoint.

Take Your time I am not in a hurry. The discussion can be interesting.

Oof, ok, it’s complicated.

Some of it depends on what gearing option you’re talking about. For instance, right now it looks like you’re pretty light on healing, so getting some LoH on a weapon might be pretty beneficial. But, if you switched over to Vambraces, maybe you wouldn’t need that healing after all.

Right now you’ve got a 9.5 frame frenzy (9 on the AZ, 10 on the OK). If you pick up that IAS on the Primal one, you’ll go down to 9F. You’re very close to the ideal range of CDR, which is between 48 - 50.33% (because this lets you sync up your WOTB cooldown to your CoE cycle, as you probably know). Hmm…

Ok, ultimately I would say that in an ideal situation, you would want your OK to have IAS, AD, CDR.

Assuming good rolls elsewhere, this will let you get down to an 8F Frenzy, which adds at least 12.5% damage over having a 9F Frenzy (plus a bit more, from extra Stricken stacks). If healing is needed, it’s probably easier to pick it up on an Azurewrath, since you have a better chance getting the proper rolls on this weapon because it always rolls cold damage and usually rolls STR.

I put together a D3 planner that has what I think is probably the best overall setup for pushing. Keep in mind that this is still somewhat paragon dependent. For instance, it has no STR on either weapon or on gloves, so at lower paragon this would cost you a lot of damage (and toughness), in which case STR could be superior to AS or AD in some situations. But, once you roll that OK, you’re locked in, so while choosing STR over AD or AS right now might make sense, later on it will be suboptimal.

Oh, and a note on Area Damage: it is good in this build, it’s just that it’s not as important as it is for some other builds, for instance Leapquake, HOTA, or Pro-Slam. That said, you definitely still want it.

I wrote this the other day about AD’s place in this build:

Ok, now that I’ve bored you to tears, here’s the d3planner link:
https://ptr.d3planner.com/231602265

Note: this setup only includes 94% AD, and one more AS roll, which is probably a better arrangement than the 114% AD, with one less AS roll, than I figured in the example above.

2 Likes

Thank You very much for such thought out answer!

So.

1. 9,5 frame to 9 frame if I keep 7% ias on primal OK.
  2. for 8 frame, plus to 7% IAS on OK I will need 2 more 7% ASI rolls on gear (glove/ring).
  3. I currently have no LpH, and It’ll be a problem. As LPH on weapon is stronger then on other slots, rolling str to CDR on my primal OK will let me reroll CDR to LpH on AZW. And as for ideal CDR number, making 7% into 8% on gloves will make the gap even less.

Your thoughts with my words.

As for 1k Str. When I augment my gear, Ill be having 20+ k Str. That’s 5% damage, ever diminishing as time goes on.

Btw, do You think that making 8frame frenzy from 9 is better then 40% AD (2 IAS rolls)?

1 Like

Y’know, that’s a good question. One could swap AS for AD on gloves and ring, giving you 138% AD and a 9F Frenzy. So let’s take a look at the same 30 mobs from my example…

This time let’s say that the 9F Frenzy is doing 100, the Bastion chain 1000. The 8F Frenzy is 12.5% more, so that’s 112.5 and 1125 (1237.5 total).

In the 9F case, Bloodshed does 1100 * 0.914 * 0.75 *0.40 = 301.62 damage to mobs 1-30.

In the 8F case, Bloodshed does 1237.5 * 0.914 * 0.75 * 0.40 = 339.32 damage to mobs 1-30.

For AD, in the 9F case, Mob 1 will deal an average of 133.33 * 0.2 * 1.38 = 36.8 damage to mobs 2-30. Mobs 1-30 will take 33.33 * 0.2 * 1.38 * 28 = 257.6 damage from AD procs from Mobs 2-30.

In the 8F case, Mob 1 will deal an average of 150 * 0.2 * 0.94 = 28.2 damage to mobs 2-30. Mobs 1-30 will take 37.5 * 0.2 * 0.94 * 28 = 197.4 damage from AD procs from Mobs 2-30.

Totals:

With a 9F / 138% AD setup:

Mob 1 takes 133.33 Frenzy + Chain, 301.62 Bloodshed, 257.6 AD.
Total: 692.55 damage

Mobs 2-30 take 33.33 Chain, 301.62 Bloodshed, 294.4 AD.
Total: 629.35 damage

With an 8F / 94% AD setup:

Mob 1 takes 150 Frenzy + Chain, 339.32 Bloodshed, 197.4 AD
Total: 686.72 damage

Mobs 2-30 take 37.5 Chain, 339.32 Bloodshed, 225.6 AD
Total: 602.42 damage

SO: with high density, the 138% AD setup actually does a bit more damage. (+0.8% to Mob 1, +4.5% to Mobs 2-30.) But in lower density, the bit of extra Frenzy + Chain + Bloodshed damage from running at 8F will outperform that extra AD.

Well, it’s pretty close. I’d probably still aim for the 8F setup, since extra speed also equals extra Stricken stacks and extra healing, but going with an higher AD setup certainly isn’t going to be bad.

2 Likes

Actually, you should be ok at your current spot. you really just need to get to a 46 second WOTB cooldown, for which you need 46.66% CDR.

Thank You. +40 AD and 8F are that close indeed. 8F is better as it is more universal. But 8F is variant for GG gear with all desired rolls. CC/CD and CDR to cap are all better then ASI in corresponding slots.
Quadfecta Gloves and Rings are rare. While hunting for them, interim setup with 20% AD is easier to get, and will be more beneficial then only 7% ASI.

Thank You again for great thoughts and discussion!

Oh lord, if you don’t know what to roll, just leave it as it is. The key to the Oathkeeper is the 200% damage and you already got that.