What did you enjoy about Diablo 3?

Hey guys I’m going to add a positive criticism thread for once. Let the devs know what we actually liked about Diablo 3. Let’s try not to make this a bashing thread about what we don’t like, and focus on the positives. I will start with a few points:

1. Bounties. Think they’re a great way to revisit campaign/old content.

2. Act 4. As short as it was, I thought it was beautiful area. Especially since it was the hardest content in the inferno days. Made it feel special and like I was supposed to be there. Farming the best loot in the best looking place.

3. Combat fluidity. I like how smoothe the combat is in Diablo 4. Even though some mechanics are questionable, the overall fighting experience was satisfying.

4. Gems. I think the gems in Diablo 3 were beautiful. It’s sad that the lower tiers were barely used in the game because a lot of them looked great/fun to collect and upgrade.

4 Likes

Hated all 4000 or so hours I played D3 so far.

6 Likes

i can’t disagree more about bounties, they have to be one of the worst things about d3, i can’t stand running them after doing thousands of them over the years. It’s the one thing about a new season i dislike, having to grind up a nice bank of the mats for rerolls.

D3 is honestly one of my favourite games of all time, i have more time spent in it than any other game and i keep coming back season after season. I like that even this late into this game we’re seeing content patches, i hope to see that continue.

main things i like is:

1. I self find everything, i don’t need to trade with other players to get my gear, i play the game eventually i get the gear i need to make the builds i want.
  2. Support builds - I honestly really enjoy playing support builds in group metas, (monk, barb,necro and WD/Sader when they were a thing in early seasons) I hope D4 ends up having a fun group meta.
  3. there is a tonne of build diversity in this game, yes there are outlier builds that vastly out-perform others, but there are many builds that are viable to farm T16 and grind up low gems… I’d honestly like to see more builds flatting out at a certain point.
  4. the combat in d3 is the best ARPG combat i’ve played, great animations and fluid. I have tried to like PoE but the animations of combat always draw me out of the game.
2 Likes

if you hat eit why do you play it…?

1 Like
  1. Combat feels fluid. Still the best on the market in that regard.
  2. Kanai’s Cube. Thought this was a cool concept that helped the game move from garbage to decent.
  3. I like the backgrounds in the game. I definitely agree with people who say the game is too brightly lit, and fails at horror. But a lot of the background art is cool.
4 Likes

I like the fact that I can be casual or tryhard, and still have fun regardless

2 Likes
  1. Combat. It is the only reason I sometimes still come back to it. Spell effects are awesome, specially for caster classes. Physics are still top-notch to this day, ragdolls flying, etc etc.

Pretty much this, other major points, such as itemization and “scalable content” the way it was done, are pretty much gargabe.

2 Likes
  1. Something to do in the end game with some structure. I don’t think Diablo 3 is the best version of this we COULD have, but it was an improvement over Diablo 2
    Give me something to use all that sweet loot on, just don’t make it an impossible mountain to climb.
  2. The engine. Just in how it played, not in how it looked. The sole reason I never switched over to PoE was that Diablo 3 was more satisfying to play. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice having any depth for a smooth experience.

Because after 4000 hours I realised it wasnt very good value for money.

so you got 4000 hours of entertainment from a $60 game. GG WP

D3 is fun for about a week, but it’s a pretty good week. The combat is fun, the elite monsters are well designed to change up tactics from fight to fight.

But once you get your set and core legs, it starts going downhill.

You no longer have gameplay changing upgrades to look forward to or chase, you just have bigger numbers to look for.

In path of exile, there are chase uniques, like headhunter. Imagine a belt that gave you elite monster powers after you killed them. Imagine shooting mortars and freeze pulses all around you. That’s what headhunter does in PoE. It costs hundreds of exalts and most players never get one.

Diablo 3 has nothing to chase that makes a significant difference. Primal ancient is simply a dps upgrade

2 Likes

So it took you roughly 1000 days to figure that out? I’d say you more than got your moneys’ worth.

I love the seasons (loved ladder in D2 too and hope for something simular in D4)…always fun to start at 0 with friends every 3-4 months.

But I hate that a new season in D3 is only fun for about 1 month bcs after that period its only about fishing GRs and farming Paragon XP instead of items. -.-

1 Like

i liked, that there is a monk class
it had cool skills
besides than that
not much actually

1. I started playing games in the 80’s, mostly on the computer. Moved to consoles but constantly have issues with motion sickness. Most games require that I play only a few minutes at a time until my eyes acclimate. D3 has never made me sick, so it’s one of the few games I can play to my heart’s abandon.
  2. Never played D1 or D2, so I don’t feel the woes that others do that have been fans of the franchise since before now. To me, I love the pacing of the game, the ability to jump in and play campaign or Rifts or Grifts, or even the kinda- drudgy bounties.
  3. I love that I can make it as face rolling or punishing as I want.
  4. I like the ability to transmogrophy and re-dye weapons and armor.
  5. I don’t mind the paragon… though because I play solo, I’m never higher than 800 or so.
  6. I LOVE seasons because starting a fresh character enables me to get re- acquainted with builds. I try things out as I find them. Sometimes I look up builds on icy-veins or I look through this forum, but most of the time I just have fun figuring stuff out on my own.
  7. I have purchased D3 for the pc, PS4, and Switch. I think I have gotten my money’s worth and more with this game. It isn’t perfect, but I appreciate all the work the devs have done and continue to do. I’m not a technical player, but unless D4 becomes as convaluted as PoE (which I have tried to play), I will purchase D4 when it comes out.
3 Likes

This brainless paragon farm. Only thing that matters in that game.

2 Likes

I enjoyed vanilla Diablo 3 and the insane challenge that was Inferno mode.

4 Likes

When they removed the real money action house and made it so you could get good gear without having to sell your house for it.

Mostly this.

But also the big one: No trading. Best change D3 made.

2 Likes

The worst thing is not bounties but making its reward exclusive.

1 Like