What class for S22

What class are you rolling for the upcoming S22?

Definitely druid. Maybe a ranger? Definitely not scion.

9 Likes

I’m probably doing a Wizard as my main. Dropping Aether Walker in the 4th slot gives me a fairly mobile Typhon’s build. I’m able to run GR100 with it in hardcore despite only having 3 augmented pieces. Though with the season requirements I’m likely going to have to play multiple classes to get the conquests.

1 Like

Thinking that too. Doing Wizard for variety on season to get tab, and mainly Necro on NS to push with new bracers.

DH for sure.

The GoD set is good to go, unless it gets nerfed like the chant Wiz set did.

2 Likes

I am thinking of Wizard too…It will depend on how the final patch note looks like.

Given that the GOD set is offered, I will start with a DH to farm mats and up the paragons. Then I will make a Thorns/Bombardment crusader as a second character (unless they nerf it too much), and finally a Bone Spear necro as a third.

4 Likes

i will do a crusader if its not nerfed, i love the new barrels mechanica.
if its nerfed i will give up d3 for a while, untill a season with something i teresting and i will try PoE

1 Like

Mhhh def a Bonespear Necro.

Viable Speedfarm Solution (way behind dh but thats ok) , great for Solopushing and even better in 4-Man Groups.
Went 3 Support + 1 Necro yesterday on PTR and it was pure madness. Had a crit for 22.000 T with a Power Pylon.

GR 120 in under 3 Minutes and GR 135 without stricken. We didnt push further but i think there is still a lot of room

2 Likes

I’ll try out the Crusader build, and maybe a Bone Spear Necro as the second build.

Tried the impale DH at ptr.It was better than GoD in terms of survivability for a casual player like me.Then i realized i can use Focus and Restraint this season without losing anything.So yeah Impale DH with F&R is what i ll be running.

You’d be losing Traveller’s Pledge + Compass Rose.

Also, the full damage bonus of Focus + Restraint only happens when you use resource generating and spending attacks and Shadow/Impale doesn’t use builders. You would need to sacrifice an ability slot to incorporate a builder that won’t be doing any useful damage.

Probably better off putting something like Flavour of Time in the 4th slot.

3 Likes

You are everywhere xD

Am willing to trade the companion for the ability to instantly do the full bonus damage without having to stand still.Anyway am always interested in variations that might perform slightly worse (if not better) but offer easier playstyle and maybe people havent figured out yet…

Edit: I should clarify i got the idea from a guy who mentioned it while we played together but dont remember the tag name to give credit to.So credit to him if impale is strong this season.

For impale with 4 Kanai cube slots it is better to cube Elusive ring and COE

1 Like

Whilst wearing Focus + Restraint and, I presume, Flavour of Time? This still leaves you needing to include a Hatred generator to proc F+R. So, you lose the damage bonuses from Traveller / Compass and Wolf to get F+R and doubled pylons?

Last season went Barb, DH and Necro. Season 22 going with WD, Monk and Barb.

No, I meant whilst wearing Traveller and Compass rose.

GoD DH as starter char, to farm everything needed at the beginning.
Then necro for rat runs (those will be insane) which will allow to farm the stuff for bone spear + paragon.
Then a support monk which always has its place in 4man 150s.

1 Like

GoD Dh to start and then perhaps necro (not sure which build…tried the new one in the PTR and just was not that interesting.

I also at some point will do a monk, but the shadow clones are going to be fun regardless of class. I like the clones much more than the 4th cube spot…