Well wolcen sucks

knew it from the get go.

6 Likes

Good to know on a D3 forum.

7 Likes

skill system looks nice, but no cigar?

LOL! Somebody needs to lay off the crack pipe.

4 Likes

Itā€™s had a super rough launch. I feel like it took some of the customization from PoE and the simplicity of D3 and meshed them. I got to level 24 with a bow build utilizing the turret. Itā€™s not too bad. The story line is really rough. I am not enjoying the dialogue or voice acting. Not sure if itā€™s an issue with it not being native English though. Not a bad game but I donā€™t feel itā€™s worth $40.

1 Like

Also have it liking more than grim dawn or path of exile.
Itā€™s good to have another arpg to play while waiting for next season

2 Likes

Noone plays these games for the story lol.

But for the time being, play offline - and enable the option ā€œSTART THE GAME IN OFFLINE MODEā€. Online side of things is a total mess, D3 launch-level mess.

Itā€™s not bad at all, you can easily lose track of time playing it. Visually itā€™s stunning, far better than D3. And considering how stale D3 is at that stage, Iā€™ll gladly take it.

4 Likes

I disagree, Wolcen is a fine game. They took a bit of all the main ARPGs (D2, D3, PoE, Grim Dawnā€¦), and the result is not bad at all IMHO. And visually it is beautiful :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Disagree.

Game is actually amazing. Combat feels really good and responsive. Endgame options look nice.

I actually like the skill system. Granted, Iā€™m still level 10 and just killed the first boss with a Bow build. But so far at least it feels like I have a choice on how to build my character.
Iā€™m quite happy with the game right now.

6 Likes

Game has lots of issues.
I got a refund right away, but hey, your mileage may vary.
It does look good, but so does a meteor flying through the air,
till it lands on your head.

Thank for the review. I guess I will wait for the sale then.

1 Like

Have been playing constantly since morning after 1.0.0 was released. I remember getting it for $12 a few years ago. Worth it.

Anyway, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not $40, depending on region.

1 Like

Heh? I already played this weeks ago in early phase. Returned it.

Having a much more enjoyable time with Wolcen than PoE.

Itā€™s a super hyped up game made by 17 people. Was anyone expecting a smooth launch? Besides they have been adding server capacity and bug fixes quite quickly and regularly since release.

2 Likes

I guess itā€™s ok to be pissed that online is garbage right now, but since itā€™s not online only it is not the problem some people are making it to be because as you said the game is not made by some huge company.

1 Like

Having fun with it so far and since I only play Offline the server issues does not bother me. ā€˜to me its a Single Player game just like Grim Dawnā€™

Game looks nice and it feels modern-ish,currently my biggest annoyance is that sometimes I can barely pick up loot and some parts of the UI bugs out randomly. ā€˜might be an issue with Ultrawide resolution,not sureā€™

+Extra point for the cool Transmog/Dye system,one of my biggest problem with PoE is that if I donā€™t cash out on cosmetics my char looks like a walking trash can at best. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Same issue, and my pets keep blocking my spells, oh gosh.

This does not belong on this forumā€¦ although i get it.

i didnā€™t know this game. after this post i went to research and i bought it and i liked it. the graphics are nice the gameplay it seems d3. the turret guy itā€™s like DH sentry. You donā€™t have mandatory sets, you can play with each weapon you want. thanks for sharing the info about the game that made me to research and buy it.

2 Likes

Just played 90 minutes worth and this game is really good. Looking forward to playing more. The build options are amazing!!!

2 Likes