Well wolcen sucks

For a B-project it is not that bad. But I won’t buy it ofc.

$39.99 USD on Steam in the Western USA

1 Like

If you go to the official WOLCEN website it says $29.99.

The game is really good, people are just ignorant and think a game has to function at 100% capability upon initial launch…WHICH NEVER HAPPENS!!!

It has a deep story, fun gameplay, full character customization, a unique crafting system, a deep layer of items, etc…

It is a complete game, and should be considered with D3 and PoE no doubts about it.

*TLDR - Stop being a troll!

8 Likes

I went to steam and it is listed as $18 my region…

i only play rpg games with good story… no idea if wolcen has great story though.

Having plenty of fun with it so far.
Seems very polished and decently designed for a newly release A-RPG.

Combat is fine so far, seems like its greatest strength.
Decent character customization. Can’t speak much of itemization yet.
Seems like it could be among the top A-RPGs ever unless it takes a sudden downturn. Which to be fair, would not be surprising; making meaningful end-game is hard.

1 Like

D3 and Poe? Sorry, it is far behind these titles.

In which ways are it behind?

2 Likes

I paid 45 CA no tax, through the official link so it should be 30 US.

And for 30 US created by a tiny team of 17 people it’s really hard to grief this game. It does immediately feel like D3 in UI looks and gameplay, just better.

And the gearing/skill building pulls alot from POE but feels unique on its own. I’m happy to see more of these games. A. It fills the arpg gap right now and B. It puts pressure on Blizz to actually produce a good D4.

I’m enjoying it. Definitely will get my monies worth even if this doesn’t go long term.

2 Likes

Disagree 100% on both statements. You think behind I think room to grow.

And Wolcan feels more polished than either. Anyone who complains or doesn’t like bugs should stay far and clear of POE.

Wolcen magnifies the fail that Sets are.

Fluidity and polish. I like it though. I do wish you could keep your cursor over enemies and continue attacking. You have to continue to click on every enemy if you wish to keep auto attacking. D3 had it right in this regard.

Then why bother posting here?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Combat fluidity seems much higher than PoE imo. Nothing really comes close to D3 combat of course.

True. PoE plays like high def 20 year old game.

So far I’m liking Wolcen’s combat way more than I ever liked D3’s combat.

PoE combat just feels like garbage and is the sole reason I can’t play that game. Grim Dawn is good, but not as good as D3. D3’s combat was the best for me, but the dodge that Wolcen brings to the table really makes it feel better and makes me like it more for now. I’ll see if later ingame I’ll change my mind. But it gives me hope for D4, because we know that it has a dodge too and this thing makes such a huge difference on overall combat feeling.

2 Likes

Always policing.:laughing:

And WOLCEN is beautiful. Eye candy all around.

1 Like

This makes the combat feel enforced stutter stepping. Add in the fact any build requires you to use your auto attack and it makes me dislike the combat overall.

That said, the boss and dodge mechanic feels good. I just wish they had made combat more fluid than it is.

In the alpha, it felt better, then the changes to the beta, which is what caused most of the outcry, made it feel less refined. Now live has that same annoying attack style.

1 Like

I mean the implied is obvi, you could at least acknowledge that.

See, D3 minded folks like to act like its crazy that someone would talk about another ARPG that’s more-recent-than D1/2 on the D3 forum.

Stated reversely,
D3 without debate was a bomb relative to Brevik and his team’s understanding of Diablo, since you know, they invented Diablo. Since D3 was a misfire, both in game and last-5-years dev-attitude more importantly, people try out non-blizz Arpg’s hoping one will illogically be something cool like Diablo 1/2, or 3 if it was made by polite and good devs. How often did a dev talk about D3 in the last 5 years? And actually care? It’s only since this blizzcon that D3 is getting the TLC it needed the whole time. you wonder why people were so upset, regardless if D3 was “fun” or not up until new-content D3 like we have now, finally, thankfully.

So therefore, “good 2 know on a D3 forum” says “I like Diablo 3 a lot more than D1/2, and can’t understand the implied. The implied that D3 wasn’t good, is only good NOW because new-devs, and actual attention for once, so people use this forum to discuss non blizz arpgs that are more recent than D2 and are not rift-sims like D3”.

Please, open up and think “why would someone talk about a non blizz arpg on a diablo 3 forum?” before posting that.

Right?
Couldn’t you tell OP was most likely one of the bil who didn’t like D3 and tried another game, without speaking as if he/she for totally random reasons spoke of another arpg on the D3 forums.

Meant politely, to clear the air.
Thanks.

I see the pattern, that is outdated.
“OP makes a thread, about anything”
“post 2 is sarcastic about that topic”

That’s what this is, it’s a post #2, never on-topic, or constructive.