We NEED gameplay / balance changes. Here is Why

Not the survey again. :disappointed: It’s an internet poll. It’s worthless. You’ve admitted there’s no reason to believe it is statistically valid yet you keep bringing it up.

The game is here and no personal loot.

1 Like

That is not what I have said at all. The reddit poll has sampling bias and I would not use it to make quantitative conclusions about it; however, qaulitatively, the results have been independently confirmed. What I mean by this is that the changes that were very popular in that poll are also very popular in other polls/multiple forums while a similar thing happens for more contentious changes that are also controversial in other polls/forums.

1 Like

I had purchased this game because of the difficulty. I HATED Diablo 3 because it was BABYISH Difficulty. what i would rather see is Bugs taken care of many of the old bugs are still present due to Microsoft windows progression when the original game was released it was on windows 98 and microsoft code has changed and some of microsoft code was dropped finding was to merge some of that old code into the game and make it stable would be better in my opinion

1 Like

Nope, I’m only buying it BECAUSE it’s as authentic as it can get. If it has mod support (Which supposedly it will) then you guys can go nuts on your own.

3 Likes

I am hoping for Mod support would like to honestly see what Marconecro X from Median xl can do with it he is one of the best modders in my opinion

You may want to read this post apparently from the original Median XL mod maker. It discusses mods in D2R.

What the mod scene may look like in D2R (not looking good) - Diablo II: Resurrected / General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

2 Likes

I really can’t agree with this.

The unbalanced nature of D2 is why D2 was so succesfull.

Want to own? Pick a meta super build? Want to have a challenge? Pick some other build? Want to have fun? Try and make completely unviable builds to work.

Dont turn D2 into a D3 clone, D3 is a terrible game. Keep D2 the way it is. If things are ever added, add it in the spirit of what makes D2 so good. (ie. don’t try to balance too much, just focus on fun gameplay!)

I see now it is too bad and i can understand why Blizzard would do something like they did CONTROL A modder like brother laz and Marconecro x are what kept The original D2 alive in my opinion oh well D2resurected progression will probably die right when it is released. Do you think there is anyone left at Blizzard smart enough to advance regular Diablo 2 because that is what would be needed to modify things such as difficulty items or anyhting else Me personally i don’t think they have that Technical Knowledge any longer and they lost it years ago

They changed D2 over many years, so I don’t see why changes shouldn’t happen. The whole skill system was reworked after I got bored and quit. I returned and enjoyed the game again. Now it just feels like D2. I forget about the graphics, so it’s not really too interesting. I’m afraid it will just turn into a Baal bot feast. End game really sucks in D2. I can’t see myself playing this much without an expansion or something.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that D2 itself went through a ton of changes. Why should it be stagnant?

“Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”
At least you have read the main site. Its a remaster. Not a “change this” or “change that” game. Bots elimination is blizzard part. Ours to play the game.

Bots are easy to program, so that’s going to happen. It’s cool, I’ll play it for a bit and then quit. The classic game made changes and updated. It actually progressed rather than stay stagnant, so this is not an authentic experience at all.

Cheaters, bots, or hackers are in every game. So?

I think somehow we are going to survive this. Somehow.

Its still a remaster of the game. It was said we get QoL changes cus they want to stay so close to the original as possible.

They told us the game will be based on 1.14. And they brought to us the authentic 1.14 with small QoL changes as they promised.

Ok, so Baal botting. That should be fun! Yeah, we’ll survive. I think it’s a shame, since they did such a good job on updating the graphics. It’d be nice to have updates again like back in the day, you know?

2 Likes

If you mean the cheaters then its Blizz job to ban all of them. If you mean making baal runs there are more lvl 85 areas where you can farm also. If you want regular updates there is Diablo 4 for you. d2r wasnt planned to make changes after changes to the game. They never told us that they make a completly different game. The gameplay is what they promised. Thats what you have bought.

I didn’t like D3, so I’d more than likely play POE. I can understand where you’re coming from. If that’s what they want, so be it. I could easily program a bot for the game(I’m a software engineer), but I don’t like cheating. It’s definitely going to be a bot feast with Baal runs like the original. I already noticed people have auo-loot programs in the beta. That’s the other thing that sucks about D2.

Your point?

If you so afraid play solo or with friends.

Or your reaction time is slow.

Well, cheating is what ruined D2, lol.

1 Like

Every game has cheaters. So every game is ruined, lol.

Some more so than others. D2 is littered with cheats.