We NEED gameplay / balance changes. Here is Why

Wow so cringe the last paragraph :rofl:

Oh yes of course, over the top entirely. :grin:

1 Like

Trapper/Druid/Necro will be best duelists/PKs in D2r, same as they were in D2.

Zon is going to struggle hard in D2r if they donā€™t fix ultrawide screen & beyond targeting. FPK classes will be able to advance on the zon too easily from too far away, and they will be able to target the zon directly with instant cast instant hit skills like Blizzard from so far out that the zon will be under constant extreme range pressure and its projectiles wonā€™t be able to get to opposing player across extreme ranged before the guy teleports away, resets, and does it again. Worse yet, zon has the WORST max fcr breakpoints, so it canā€™t use Enigma builds to keep up either. Using Enigma on a zon amongst higher tier opponents is just a fast way to get yourself tele-stomped or perma frame locked. And of course frw just canā€™t keep up with people who have max fcr breakpoints who are dancing around extreme range targeting. Just no way for the zon to keep up here.

Zon may actually fall completely out of viability if they donā€™t limit ultrawide screen targeting. It will probably drop down to nearly ā€œChant Sorc with Zealā€ level meme build. Very unfortunate.

1 Like

The ultra wide issue really needs blizzards attention.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll just cap the resolution.

Add fog of war and ranges on spells.

Blizzard hasnā€™t really addressed it because as others have pointed out, itā€™s a tough fix.

1 Like

Lol you clearly have never pvpā€™d before In D2 back when the game was current. If you did you would know about Zons with WF + Clegs being unbeatable.

1. Clegs was BM even back in 1.09.

2. GA was bugged. Of course zons were near unbeatable.

3. Itā€™s not 1.09 anymore. Zons will be very difficult in D2R.

Eh naw.

The primary reason why Bowa was extremely overpowered was due to Pierce working with Guided Arrow. ā† This was absolutely broken. Fire 3 or 4 GAs then start kiting with your shield out while the GAs swarm the other person like a beehive and effectively deal like 20 or 30 strikes to them. And keep in mind this was happening before people had Enigma to tele away from that GA swarm stack. This is why for awhile, the only thing out in the Blood Moor pvping was Bowas & Sorc.

When they nerfed GA pierce, Bowazon struggled until Faith/Fortitude showed up.

Iā€™m not here to nerf your Enigma or your Hammerdin. Actually thatā€™s my favorite build.

The things iā€™d like to see are:

• Modernized trading platform / game creation

• Melee given some type of advantage to counterbalance the dominance casters have

• End-game Maps

• Mercs having Boots / Gloves / Belt slots (to help with survivability)

• Minor Grief nerf (just this one runeword change) OR some uniques spawning with repair dura instead of indestructible to allow for eth unique

• Rune / Gem stacking

1 Like

yes

At least we agreed on one thing, progress!

Ooo, look, another one! I agree gems and runes should stack in the stash.

1 Like

Old players on drop rate increases:

The bums will always lose! My advice is to do what your parents did. Farm HRs sir!

New players to blizzard:

Yeah the old man said to increase all the drop rates in the house.

No more changes or it will just become another game like wow ppl left because of too much changed

1 Like

Not every change is bad, either.

I would also say that NO change is bad - at least if Blizzard intends D2:R to be a mainstay.

I laughed. You should read some of things the guys on your side post.

Ehhhh. Iā€™m definitely not trying to be dramatic, but I firmly believe D2:R wonā€™t have much of a lifespan if it isnā€™t actively developed. Oh, sure, the old guard will play it and be happy with it, and maybe thatā€™s truly all Blizzard wants. But I doubt it.

Well, youā€™re right. Donā€™t need to give it a chance, because in the 20 years since itā€™s already proven to be the superior loot system.

laughs I wish youā€™d broaden your outlook a little bit and realize there are other games aside from D2 and D3. Personal loot, for example, isnā€™t just in D3, but itā€™s in various other ARPGs including Path of Exile and Grim Dawn.

I think the best case scenario would be D2:R becoming popular enough for an expansion. Not for ā€œchanges,ā€ though - more for that being an indication that the game is thriving.

I simply donā€™t think it can thrive that much if it stays with the status quo.

Thatā€™s more because they keep trying to reinvent WoW every expansion these days, and silly stuff like an item squish and then inexplicably scale the game back up to that point within 1 patch cycle.

Nobody is really asking for a reinvent of D2.

1 Like

not really. a lot of people are refusing to purchase because there are no changes.

1 Like

No we donā€™t, neither do I want them.

I still go back to D2 from time to time, 20 years later. The only two things that has been preventing me from playing it more frequently are the ludicrously outdated graphics, and more importantly the horrible resolution support on modern rigs.

Getting D2 with a graphical overhaul and nothing else is exactly what I want. After playing a bit, Iā€™ve not been more excited or thrilled with a game in years.

Stop with your balance change crusade.

1 Like

If representative, the reddit survey of >4,000 self-identified D2 players demonstrate that the vast majority do not share your viewpoint.

1 Like

Because Reddit is the best place to conduct a survey like this and definitely isnā€™t a complete echo chamber.

That survey was advertised on d2jsp, this forum, and Rhykkerā€™s youtube channel.

1 Like

Not the survey again. :disappointed: Itā€™s an internet poll. Itā€™s worthless. Youā€™ve admitted thereā€™s no reason to believe it is statistically valid yet you keep bringing it up.

The game is here and no personal loot.

1 Like

That is not what I have said at all. The reddit poll has sampling bias and I would not use it to make quantitative conclusions about it; however, qaulitatively, the results have been independently confirmed. What I mean by this is that the changes that were very popular in that poll are also very popular in other polls/multiple forums while a similar thing happens for more contentious changes that are also controversial in other polls/forums.

1 Like