We need a way to see item level without hacks

We need a way to see item level without hacks. I didn’t see anything in the original gameplay demo to see ilvl of an item or any mention of it.

For those of you new to D2 - let me explain why we need to see item level.

Item level has nothing to do with how strong a particular item is. A high item level item could be horrible.

Item level needs a way to be idenfitied, because for the socket quest in act 5, the # of sockets you get is determined by the item type and item ilvl. The alternative is everyone will have to memorize the item level of every area/boss and keep track of the item level of every item that they might plan on using a socket quest for.

More importantly, item level is very important for trading. Many items that drop from hell baal and other areas may be used for crafting due to their high item level. Without being able to see the ilvl of an item, crafting packs are worthless. The crafting recipes in this game take item level into consideration.

Not only crafting recipes, but for cube recipes. For example, people will reroll grand charms and small charms from hell baal because they are the max possible ilvl and are able to get the best stats possible when rerolling. Baal gc’s/sc’s will have no trade value if there is no way to view the item level.

91 Likes

I’m all for maintaining the original game as much as possible, and this is a great suggestion.

24 Likes

I’ve just been debating the opposite side of this argument in another thread, but the points you’ve brought up are the right reasons and I’m on board with this. I think there is a place for an item level toggle in D2R, as long as the toggle is defaulted to off, as to not confuse new players. Ultimately it is up to them to educate themselves.

18 Likes

Perhaps it is something they could show with the item compare feature. If there’s nothing else to compare to, it will just show the item you’re hovering over with the item level in parenthesis. Make it a togglable game option.

Making it show all of the time would be ugly.

6 Likes

Showing the item level is definitely a change that I’d personally be onboard with. It is very useful information to have at a glance, especially when you want to use Larzuk to add sockets to certain items. I’d also be happy to see the ranges at which certain affixes can roll on items. However, I can understand why some people would not want these changes, so it wouldn’t be a deal-breaker if they don’t make it.

7 Likes

Big Thump up for that ! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes it’s a QoL ofc
Go. For. It

5 Likes

Great suggestion. Would love this feature.

4 Likes

I support all sorts of toggles. Purist can keep those toggles untouched and other people can enjoy various QoL changes.

4 Likes

I have most ilvls memorized haha

Hell
Diablo is 94
Mephisto is 87
Andariel is 75
Duriel is 88
Baal is 99
Nihlathak is 95

My favorite ilvl 85 areas are in order
1: Chaos Sanctuary
2: Keep, Throne
3: The Pit

My favorite areas for charms is the Halls of Anguish/Halls of Pain
Also, I noticed shields and paladin shields drop a lot in act 1 catacombs levels 1-3

You can always use The Arreat Summit and there’s also a website called Silospen drop calculator for 1.13 and later.

3 Likes

Bump

20 character limit

There wouldn’t be any harm to make it an option in the menu.

I can actually get behind this.

1 Like

I definitely support more details displayed in item tool tips.

2 Likes

Yes please! Would be incredible helpful.

1 Like

This one is a no brainer

1 Like

Bump
20 characters required

Be careful bumping your own threads, as it is considered spam. If there is interest in your idea, the thread will be pushed to the top by others discussing the idea.

Bumping is noted in the Diablo 2:Resurrected Welcome thread.

I like this idea, but as someone said, make sure its toggleable or have it inside the item spec/compare screen.

An actual QOL idea that works well I give you a +1 in support.

Semi-Purist here and this is QOL. I’ll allow it.