We need a way to see item level without hacks

It would be a welcomed addition. However you can figure out the item level if you remember what dropped it.

Yeah this doesn’t work when trading though you know.

1 Like

I think the part about baal charms and what not is spot on. Being able to buy/sell these kinds of items reliably would be nice.

1 Like

I agree! A lot of people will reroll baal gc’s, but I never had much luck so i’d probably opt for trading them for something else. Of course, they’d need some way to verify that it is a legit baal gc.

1 Like

Yep, very reasonable I think.

Showing breakpoints for the class you play (similar to how PlugY mod it does) would also be great.

4 Likes

Beta is over, still nothing.

1 Like

you can always check the arreat summit to see what number of sockets each item will get from larzuk, it’s not hard.

But you still need to know the ilvl of the item, which is impossible without writing down the drop location for every item in your stash.

2 Likes

ilvl actually doesn’t matter, it’s based off weapon type, so your entire argument is wrong.

Item levels on tooltips would be awesome

4 Likes

So you have no idea what you are talking about, good to know.

2 Likes

if you have a collossus voulge it will get 4 sockets EVERY TIME. where you found it does not matter, hope this helps.

and like i said, each item type has a max number of sockets, any white item will always get the max number of sockets from larzuk, but at this point i’m just writing down the info arreat summit has, please go read, stop being so silly. go read up on it… the info is there.

Incorrect. Larzuk will add sockets to the maximum possible based on item and ilvl.

It is possible to get different numbers of socket for the same weapon if the ilvl is too low for the max possible for said item.

7 Likes

Im against any coregame changes, and most changes proposed on the forums right now, but this is actually good idea! :smiley:

2 Likes

you’re wrong and that’s ok. go read, or play the game, either would help. i do both, and know how to socket things.

From the d2 wiki:

Normal items can have from 1-6 sockets. How many a given item can get is random for most item types, but the maximum is always limited by the mlvl of the monster that drops the item, item type and in the case of naturally spawning sockets the difficulty level. Items can only naturally spawn with a maximum of 3 sockets on normal difficulty, 4 sockets on nightmare and 6 sockets on hell. This limitation only applies to sockets that are spawn naturally, not ones which are added through the cube recipe or socket quest. Check the master table below, or the individual Armor and Weapons pages for info on how many sockets are possible on given item types.

The number of sockets from the socket quest is not affected by the difficulty level, only by the ilvl of the item, which is based on the mlvl of the monster that drops it. Your Clvl and the difficulty level of the quest reward has nothing to do with the number of sockets you get. You can use the Normal quest reward on a Crystal Sword and get 6 sockets, or the Hell quest reward and get 3, depending on the ilvl of the swords used.

Now tell me again how I am wrong exactly?

5 Likes

because it’s based off the item type. you can go see exactly which items get how many sockets, you don’t have to guess ever. you can waste your time i guess, but i know how many sockets anything will get.

Ok, continue being wrong about it I guess.

5 Likes

It’s not hard to test yourself. You’re wrong on this. ilvl is very important. Don’t argue just to argue.

6 Likes

this is a change litterally noone will say no for !
Please VV, put this in, it should be an easy task to implement i guess and everyone will love it

2 Likes