We need a 3rd week of seasonal PTR

I’d rather wait another month and play my customary Wizard, maybe THIS time Blizzard will actually try to balance the game.

And yes, I constantly hoped the castaways of Gilligan island would get off the island THIS time, and I always cheered for the dog to live.

Stop with the entitled attitude. You paid for a game and you’ve played the game. For 8 years they have provided you with a server to play the game, they have added things here and there to keep things interesting at times, and even now, in maintenance mode, they continue to make changes. They are the developers, not the players. It’s their game, not yours.

God you would have been lost if you grew up in the 80s. Video games were 1000x better back then. Pay for a game and play the game. No one cried about content, you were content with what you had until the next game came out.

Social media has created a bunch of cry babies over the years, spoiled brats that think they are entitled to more, instead of enjoying whats been provided to them. There’s a reason why players aren’t developers, 99% of them don’t understand balance, and don’t understand the scope of the game. They just want more power, quicker finish, less effort.

7 Likes

oh wizard pain
when 20 seasons i heard: “DH LEAVE PLS” i dont cry

Changes brought in by FinCEN regarding international money laundering and taxation made them change their mind about having a Real Money Auction House, not players.

No point in arguing but I will say this. There are too many people claiming they are better at developing games yet…they don’t. Reminds me of the hecklers at ball games. Those who can’t play, coach…those who can’t coach, sit 100 feet up in the stands shouting how it’s done.

2 Likes

Wow just wow, what in hell makes you think I’m like all the spoiled brats who want everything handled on a silver plate for me, you obviously have huge comprehension issues…

All I want is that they listen to players who also care about those who enjoy playing SOLO and STOP forbiding them what META group can do for over a year now…

Many players made suggestions that were IGNORED for years, so it’s obviously that many players are upset…

For your information I’ve been playing on an Amiga 500 in the 90’ when I was 10 or 12. Unlike current generation I remember the times of Dial-up internet and I didn’t get a computer when I was 6 or 7 years old.

I don’t care about any social media non sense, but to make this game equal for Everyone not just META players, but also SOLO or casuals.

If you can’t see this or think of me as a spoiled brat obsessed with social media, than you more clueless than you think.

I’ve been playing D3 SINCE launch and put up with all the AH BS or constant server issues back in D3 vanilla, so don’t even dare to call me an entitled cry baby!

Unlike some people I have my own opinion and remember games from the 90’ which were 1000000x times better than current ones that FORCE you to play the way the devs want you to play, instead like back than giving you freedom to do anything you wanted in your game with no worries about having stuff removed from the game or made worse, cause devs feel it’s the right thing to do…

Back in the 90’ you could MOD or even use cheat codes and guess what NO ONE gave a :poop:, no one cried about nerfing anything or removing something they didn’t like from the game or even asked the game developers to change anything for them. Everyone ENJOYED video games back than, because once they bought a game, no one TOLD you how to play it or Forced you to play the way they want!

Back in D2 LoD no one was asking for nerfs every time they reached level 99 on CBNET or cried how the game was too easy, but current generation doesn’t GET it and NEVER will…

4 Likes

Oh man…I used to snag lots of free AOL dial up internet cd’s and use them lol. Cheating wise, I used my buddies game shark for 007 golden eye fun.

Times have changed though on having a computer at 6 or 7. Heck, I just got done surrendering my chrome book to my 4 year old and getting a small laptop for my 8 year old. Now’s there’s 4 computers and 2 iPads n my home when I remember being very lucky having a grandpa that worked for IBM build us one when I was younger.

But now it’s pretty much required to use a computer to even apply for a job…no more door knocking. So teaching my kids how to use the computer is actually very important and the younger they learn, the better off for future endeavors!

Now look at us doing the “back in my day” that we used to make fun of older people doing :yum:

I would just take the clones out and make the season about the 4th cube.

If you wanted to spice things up more than that, make it the season of 4 cube slots you can put anything into.

I agree, we are the players, and as such should to a point have a say in how a game turns out.

Just I (or should I say we?) need you to remember one thing. One very important thing : If Blizzard, or any other game developer, spent their time trying to listen to ALL players, they’d have little or no time left for actual development. If they spent their time trying to implement all players suggestions, then it’s 100% guaranteed that the game will self-destruct.

Have you ever tried creating a digital game yourself? I mean one on the scale of Diablo III, or some other commercially worldwide title? It’s not easy, is it? It requires 100’s of manhours every day.

What you, and all these other so-called “experts” do not realize is that when you change one thing, you inevitably change something else for either good or bad.

So get you head out of the clouds and let Blizzard do their jobs, ok? And stop pretending that they are there to do your bidding.

We don’t need to revert to a bug, nor does SB need that kind of buff.

Does anyone truly believe that 5 sets per character class (35 sets) and every legendary item used in every build from sets to LoN & LoD can be balanced in even 6 weeks?

If everyone does then perhaps everyone has never tried writing masses of subroutines of code because that’s what it would take.
I shudder to think of the amount of code they have to work with… :tired_face:

3 Likes

No, just buff the set. Then we dont need mask of jerem that takes away a slot from us!

That guy’s on a roll with being questionable. That said, this does continue to be disappointing even after the Wiz channeling change was a minor bright spot (not ideal itself tho). Things are written off enough already, let’s please not make it worse.

1 Like

Yeah, could have been, if they didn’t waste a month on the seasonal theme.

At this point I would appreciate seasons of yore. Just mix stuff that was used for prior seasons and provide a focussed class overhaul for a single class at a time. That includes skill/rune rebalance. After that go over all items and set buffs and provide a rebalance update for the class in one go.
Few would expect a complete game overhaul, given the available resources, but one class overhaul at a time should be doable for professional developers, even if there is a lot of code to process. They can just scrap old stuff and retroactively patch things, if necessary. I bet most would welcome stuff getting axed for good if that results in a balanced class with up-to-date items/powers and fun gameplay.
They could even use this shadow clone thing - limited to the one class they just updated. Like if patch 2.6.11 is a wizard overhaul, then during that season we get wizard shadow clones or gain access a wizard follower so that you can enjoy the class updates even if you play some other class.

Probably not going to happen. However, between the end of PTR and the start of Live, they will usually take the feedback and bug report information and do the changes in a round of internal testing before releasing the live client of the patch. All three classes that were involved need help. In order:

Wizard
WD
Crusader

You can find what my take on WD changes needed scattered throughout this round of feedback on the various WD feedback threads. Wizard in general needs love all around. Crusader? Don’t know the the class well enough to lend a hand.

2 Likes

In plain terms, I see no evidence that Blizzavision even read the feedback forums. They just slapped a generic we-read-your-feedback note in THEIR posting area - not in any relevant thread - without a single reference as to what they allegedly read. Then they followed it up with a we-will-not-change-anything note which, as far as I am concerned, stands as confession that the first part was total BS in the first place.

1 Like

That means people who play another class would have to wait up to 540-600 days to see a change.

The player base needs to grow, not shrink — I am one of those players hanging on a thread, so they should be smart about what they do in these patches. Keeping players engaged and catering to everyone:

• Season
  • Non-season
  • All classes
  • Item / build changes
  • Skill / rune balance

They’ve had patches in the past where they upgraded 80+ items/sets for all classes, with a dozen or so item revisions being reflected in the mid PTR patch notes updates.

The point is they need to do more changes, and be better with them. This patch they had 24 tries to make items better, many so far look like wasted opportunities.

So if the patch stays as is, it’ll earn an F grade from a balance and itemization standpoint ( less than 65% of it met expectations of producing GR140 builds @ 5k paragon)

3 Likes

Yes, we understand that you’re upset that a group of four players can accomplish something that most single players cannot. However, here’s an analogy…

See how far you can drag an incredibly heavy log in a minute.
Now do the same again but have three buddies help you drag it.

Are you really arguing that you should be able to drag the log just as far on your own in a minute as you could with four of you dragging it?

3 Likes

At least I can drag that log even if it could take me 12 to 14 minutes and I’m not refused or forbid to do it like in D3 RoS where SOLOing a 150 GR is basicaly considered a crime and results usually in nerfing the build that achieved it…

I have nothing against if group players would be doing 150 GR even in 2 minutes or 1 minute as long as I can SOLO a 150 GR even in 12 or 14 minutes after putting enough time and effort into my char and not be punished everytime I do it…

2 Likes