We dont need charm inventory, we need bigger cube

You know what, time to make it so you cant put any items in the cube when its inside your inventory.

Stash cubing only.

When you start playing D2 at a higher, more intense level, especially in hardcore, youā€™ll start understanding that prebuffing, even in PvM, is wonderfully advantageous for MF runs.

And thats the issue why?

I have full charm inv already. Bigger Cube will not change anything related to charms.

I play hardcore for years. I was never Prebuffing, there is really no point doing that as you have your idk memory RW or warcries javelins on W and thats it. What do you want to Prebuff anyway with what on top of items you have on W? There is just few skills to even worth thinking about Prebuffing them.

so its the same as charm inventory. more space more space.

why did you not make a topic for charm inventory?

Cta prebuff and MF switch keeps early ladder much safer.

Also, to your previous commentā€¦of course itā€™s an issue to be able to do several runs without having to check inventory, identify, town portal.

It makes the game a boring slogfest. Bigger cube absolutely changes a lot about charms. It is a tradeoff, as the original design was intended to be. Some people choose to have full charms, some do not. Some choose to play specs that donā€™t rely as much on charms, some do not.

Choices. Choices. Choices. So many of these threads would eliminate choices, which is terrible game design.

1 Like

You are spot on. The dude is not a season player so he donā€™t really get it.

In order to get 65k+ dps lite sorc or 15k+ dps hammerdin one needs the charm space as there really isnā€™t much room for drops in game to pickup.

Charm inventory is pretty smart and will help everyone.

1 Like

I would not mind increasing cube size to 4x4 instead of 4x3 but no bigger than that.

Would be more for a new Colum added to the cube, then a new full inventory for charms.

We all know there are two ā€˜anniā€™ looking small charms:
One worth alot and the other basically trash. (You can always get one from Cain Act3)

So lets make two cubeā€™s that look exactly the same.

One OP can carry in his back pack to create more drop space.
The other is actually a cube and stays in your chest in town.

The cube for cubing is exactly the correct size and unless there are new cube recopies coming to D2R requiring more room, we donā€™t need to expand the cube at all.

Making the cube bigger for item storage purpose is nothing else then an inventory in your inventory with additional handling in between. From this point you could make a charm inventory and call it a QoL change. I am not pro charm inventory but if they decide to increase the space for item storage without increasing the max. capacity for charms then they should do this without abusing the cube for it. The cube is a crafting device and not a storage box.

Actually a pretty good suggestion, iā€™d rather see the game kept as it always was however if i had to choose between this and charm inv, iā€™d choose this hands down, extra space and not ruining pvpā€¦canā€™t argue really.

1 Like

so how is this not the same as charm inv? you get more space to hold you items.

and yes more space in cube is ruining pvp+pvm.

its not the same in the sense you atleast have to open your inventory and pick up one item at a time and place it into your cube as opposed to having a full inventory of charms and still spam clicking boss loot or having a full inventory of charms aswell as a full inventory of alternative gear.

but you stil alot more space to keep prebuf gear and evt res gear and so on. more space is not a good ide imo.

Coca cola Had a completely different recipe by design, itā€™s even in the name

there are a lot of addicts that might think it was a good idea, but fact is, it wasnā€™t a solid decision having the coca in the cola

Designers make mistakes, this mechanic is bad, the charm inventory fix can be mild and affective as we already came to a conclusion on it on a different thread and Iā€™m saying charm inventory because these two solutions are one of the same as one another

It is your opinion that it is a bad mechanic and the Designers made a mistake. For me the inventory management of d2 isnā€˜t a bad mechanic and thus no mistake from the designers.
Sure I can be the addicted with my desire to leave the inventory management as it is or you can be the addicted with your desire to use the inventory mainly for charms. Just saying that both can be the coca in your example - itā€™s the different perspective that matters.

I think that on the long term a charm inventory will not lead to the ability to pick up significant more drops for the high end players it will just shift to carry around prebuff items, mf gear or potions. You know think free inventory space that can be used with charms to be more powerful is inefficient and the same will apply to additional inventory space. People will always try to maximize their power/strength within the given framework and once you realize the potential of carrying around prebuff gear, leaving the space open will feel inefficient.
The potential to use additional inventory space for prebuffing was already identified by the d2 community and is already used by some high end players to push their power even beyond the limits that seem possible. The only reason this is not common for every content in the game at the moment is the time it take to handle the prebuff items between the stash and your inventory and the need to go back to town between the buffs to exchange the items. For example the runeword treachery for fade on Struck - once you realize the potential for your survivability when using it only until you get the buff you will feel inefficient and weak not using it. If charm inventory is coming I will use this for sure at least for all melee builds and 100% I will use switch mf gear early on for Andy/Mephisto runs when I am to weak to make those runs with full mf gear.

1 Like

Nonsense, every little bit more serious pvp scene have rules and ways to control your inv.

You dont even need cube for pvp so it should not be in your inv.

1. not ture at all. ther is many serious pvp scene with no such rule.

2.Nonsense, you dont have to use cube now for pvp. but with this much space it would be a must.

Then you add rule to not have cube in inv, its actualy easy.