We dont need charm inventory, we need bigger cube

It already is.

Not true, cube space have different mechanicls. Not only you have to enter the cube but you cant do anything in the game while you are in cube. Also you cannot drink potions from cube.

No it would not, cube space works differently than inventory space as I just explained above.

I udnerstand what you mean, but i was more against it than for it. Well not so strongly tho. But if your classic inventory is free, you can use it for potions to drink them instantly for example. You cant do that in cube. So I think it not just qol change but it would make game little bit more easy.

1 Like

Seems like itā€™s you who is missing the point here. He is suggesting a larger cube for more inventory space. And the point im trying (but obviously failing) is how that differs from an actual charm inventory?

well itā€™s basically the same thing, and the amount of power you gain from that space is negligible in my opinion, it will add more then take, give you a more fluid gameplay experience

I already explained it like twice in this topic. Cube space ===//=== inventory space, it has different mechanics.

Differently how? I canā€™t see it stated somewhere above. If u mean that charms donā€™t work in the cube, still doesnt make it different from a charm inventory.

You can read my post again and you will see what I meant to say, that his suggestion is exactly like a charm inventory implementation

Well then, it seems like we may agree then. I apologize.

1 Like

I open my inventory, I pickup item on my cursor, I drop it in to my cube. No cube opening involved, thatā€™s the only way Iā€™ve been playing this game for many many years. This solution is just the same charm inventory with some extra annoyance added for no particular reason.

2 Likes

from surveys and people here it seems as if a lot of players are interested in charm inventory, a vocal few really donā€™t like the idea, but I think we can find a good middle ground and it shouldnā€™t feel like a buff or nerf with a good implementation

Charms do not work in cube, potions do not work in cube, scrolls do not work in cube.

But I just realized something In original game you cant see your char and what is going on around you if you open the cube. I though I would use it too as different mechanics argument but as it looks like D2R doesnt work like that you you actualy see your characters as cube window is not blocking half of your screen anymore.

I think bigger cube would be better as its not giving you so much options how to use free inv without the charms which would be in charm inventory.

If we will have charm inventory, I can keep MF gear for swithing there, full rejuvs, mana pots, HP potions, thawings and antidotsā€¦Thats making game more easy honestly.

If I have bigger cube, yes I can hold items there too, but I cannot use them as easily like in normal inv(witch charm inventory option) if you udnerstand what I mean. Thats why I would like to see cube as more space option, because its making game less easier than charm inventory option.

1 Like

I think the survey was biased, the majority of the active d2 community donā€™t hang on reddit or d2r forums, they use discords or jsp.

I think the people who have played the mods, and who prefered them, should continue playing them when the mods advance to D2R. And those who love vanilla, should stick to that. That way, we all get what we want, a remaster of what we love.

I donā€™t think the mods should take over and leave the d2 community hanging. Cause it is the d2 community who has been asking for this remaster and most likely made it happen.

1 Like

I understand what you mean, I just think itā€™s a bit to tedious and there might be other ways as to solve it, like not allowing potions there as well and making the added room limited, might be better the fumble around with the cube

1 Like

I also thought that, because back when the survey was made I saw a lot of people like the gem stacking idea and I hated it (Iā€™m a vanilla player) and then I tried that mode with my friend and the gem stacking actually looks like a good idea too me now, only thing is gems lose their trading value if you stack them, it doesnā€™t happen with runes though, so a way to counter it is to make the gem stacking limited I think

but even someone like me that usually only plays vanilla thinks it might be a good addition after trying it, I think more people need to test it first and see what they think about each change and how should it differ if it is actually implemented

I didnt use any of it. I am huge d2 fan but I missed surveys and saw them only after. I didnt even know this forums existed back then. I never was on d2 forums, i wasnt part of any d2 discord and i dont use the reddit, only rarely. I was onyl part of official diablo site local for our country.

People started playing mods because Battle net failed as MP experience and when people wanted something new. If they make qol changes and improve experience on battle net, we dont need mods for a long time.

Its fun to play mods but I want to frequently play on battle net and enjiy it with QoL changes.

The ā€œvanillaā€ - d2 classic - community, would love charm inventory, cause it preserves their play style they had in original diablo 2, which lod ruined by making your inventory in to a equipment slot for new gear, and you couldnā€™t have your character be at its 100% potential power level and have functional inventory at the same time anymore.

This topic has already been made.
It was generally met with little opposition but the pictures you posted are too big of a cube so now Iā€™ll oppose it.

1 Like

By vanilla i meant standard blizzard released lod 1.14d unmodified.

And from what i have seen, even classic players have been against a charm inventory.

there is a point to what you said here, because I donā€™t the balance changes the mods made, only thing that might be attractive about then is the not being banned for muling and some of the Qol changes, I prefer vanilla by a long shot

I can agree with that, but the only reasons i think battlenet has failed is leaving bots and cheaters running rampant, and ultimately punishing legitimate players with realm downs when trying to deal with them.

2 Likes

the classic players I have encountered that dislike it are not against charm inventory, they are against charms and LoD as a whole, they hate it, thatā€™s way they are playing classic