We dont need charm inventory, we need bigger cube

36 + 13 = 49%

So 49% is for
and 39% is against.

Lying how? :sweat_smile:

13% section is a completely different topic, its like you said the difference between charm inventory or just a bigger inventory, different change different results, you don’t include these people with people that want instanced loot

It is only a proof how bad the survey is and how the questions provided for a survey can manipulate the results.

The author of the survey is doing the same thing in the conclusion of the question result like playaah did.
„ 36% are for optional personal loot, while 13% are also for personal loot but only if there is a tradeoff“

Does not sounds to me the author of the survey thinks this two answers are complete different like charm inv and more inv space.

Funny how you interpret information only in your favor :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

You guys just love reflecting it seems, you are the ones interpreting the information in your favor, most people don’t want instanced loot, this is not a diablo 2 feature, and the 13% that are for personal loot only if there is a trade off are people saying they are open to suggestion and developer interpretation and NOT for instanced loot, other wise they would have voted otherwise in the survey, which is why its a completely different subject

To have a truly representative idea of the playerbase (or better said forum members), I would base my opinion based on the dialogue of divergent viewpoints so that you can see the pros/cons of specific positions. Basing your opinions on like minded people is an self-confirming echo chamber and ignores typically the potential deficiencies in said opinions.

Conclusions:

1. More respondents (49%) favor a personal loot option (those for were split into two categories) than keeping the game FFA only.

I agree in regards to this question. I would have preferred they used the term instanced loot and then clearly defined it.

From this forum, we know many who oppose having a personal loot option were misinformed in what this term means. Some claimed that personal loot = account bound loot and no trading. Others thought that personal loot meant up to 8X drops in multiplayer games. Others thought that personal loot and FFA would be in the same game so that personal looters get all their loot and then could also get a subset of the FFA loot.

the majority want the loot. just look at the survey you like so much. it cant be wrong, just like you said… its the majority :=)

Neither is charm inventory a Diablo2 feature.

You’re trying to make it one, but it currently is not, same as personal loot.

4 Likes

No, changing from game loot to instanced loot changes the entire dynamic of item drops as where adding a few inventory slots is adding a quality of life feature

1 Like

I would argue the exact opposite. Adding a charm inventory eliminates inventory management, and eliminates real gaming decisions.

Personal loot is merely just how loot is divided between players in the area, it’s not core to the design of the game at all. It’s perfectly possible, I would even argue probable, had D2 undergone constant patching, Blizzard would have changed D2’s loot system to combat cheating, much like they changed WoW’s loot system.

No, charm inventory doesn’t eliminate inventory management, just as classic d2 still has inventory management without the bloat of charms. It eliminates space for stats management, which most people tend to fill with charms anyways. A charm inventory doesn’t eliminate decision making neither, just makes the decision making in it’s own inventory management.

As for personal loot, to be honest, unless the game went full instanced loot, I don’t think optional personal loot would work. Since d2 uses party vs unpartied system in same instance, the whole idea of ploot being split same as global would be an oddity if you had unpartied players fighting monsters with your party, how would loot be decided then.

3 Likes

Going from game loot to instanced loot would mean a rebalance of the entire games loot table, which is a core to feature of the game, not to mention how it will affect trading

inventory management is not a real gaming decision, eliminating tedious action is the entire point of “quality of life” features, you are describing it perfectly without even realizing it, I understand you might think it holds some form of importance but it doesn’t, the game will remain the same, it will just be just less annoying in that aspect

Instanced loot would not have to rebalance the loot table very much if it were the only mode. All it would require is changing table to single player numbers is so p8 is p4 drop rate iirc and cut the unpartied drop bonus down to about three quarter. Between a class skill balance and ladders, trading would thrive, probably moreso under a skill balance which would increase the item demand diversity on top of build diversity.

1 Like

As someone who primarily played Classic, I can tell you the inventory management is basically nonexistent. The only inventory management is because of the tiny stash, which isn’t the same thing at all. There are very few times Classic players have to make inventory decisions in the midst of monsters. Everyone has space to pick stuff up, just like if there was a charm inventory.

It absolutely takes away decision making.

1 Like

Lol, no it wouldn’t, at all. What would even make you think that? They could easily do it without changing the loot table at all. use the existing system as far as players in the area, gg done.

Inventory management is still present due to finite space between gear, pots, tomes, keys, with each piece of gear taking different degrees of spaces that causes inventory Tetris. It just isn’t as glaring and bloated due to lack of charms. The fact that people use the cube as inventory storage while running more charms show that it wouldn’t be that much of a balance change either for pvm. Maybe slightly for pvp, but since it is not my forte can’t comment to that.

I’ve played thousands of hours of ClassicD2, I can tell you with certainty, there is really no inventory management, only stash management. If you had a shared stash, it literally becomes a zero item management game, more or less.

Charm inventory will make LoD the same, with less decisions to make. It’s an inescapable fact.

I’ll still play D2R with charm inventory, but it will be much easier, with less decision making, and more buffed characters all around.

1 Like

Sounds good, would eliminate peoples opinion to “bot help the economy” as well, so it will feel more like single player, but items and runes would be a lot more accessible still in my opinion, will be happy to test how it works though

Why do you think Inventory management has anything to do with gameplay beside pots (item switching is a different topic), please don’t mention brevik again, I’m asking seriously

The developers, both original and VV, have explicitly stated that inventory management is a core part of the game. If you disagree with them, you can always get a refund.

5 Likes

I would be for instanced loot myself. One of the aspects from D3 I loved. However, my number 1 wish is for a balance pass on skills to bring back build to item diversity for physical characters again. And geezer, just to play devil’s advocate, ploot would also remove another set of decisions. At least charm inventory keeps an aspect of decision, just as you would decide which pieces of gear to equip. As for buffed, not really going to significantly buff someone that already plays with cube and full charms.