WD Dmg Nearing Bazooka Levels

@JTP,

I think you should read ENIAC’s post above this post.

The current WD situation is that there are two solo GR 145 clears in non-season on the PTR. For those of us who follow the PTR, we know that live clears always exceed the top PTR clears by a decent margin. Witch doctors are clearly overpowered as being tested in the PTR.

For example in the last PTR, the top solo non-season barb clear was GR 140. Even with the reduced damage buff to lamentation, multiple individuals have cleared GR 146 in non-season. The majority of posters inaccurately predicted the true power of the this build in the last PTR. A handful got it right and showed their expertise. If I saw this, I might start listening to the people who successfully predict things (albeit with healthy skepticism to formulate your own conclusions) versus those who claim that others are wrong when the truth ultimately proves otherwise.

2 Likes

I do not think DHs are currently happy about the poor power of DH (according to Blizzard’s post, DHs are @GR 125 solo in non-season at 5K paragon). I think that we know that there will be changes in the patch 2.6.9 along with necromancers. Hopefully, they will buff pre-existing sets in addition to giving the new set.

2 Likes

I never talked about Wd. I talked about Rna and his continues of spamming and being wrong.
People should know who he is and how he acts.
He advocated for Barbarian buffs while at the same time asked for nerfs.
He pulled up wrong numbers and barely had any idea of how Barbarian was and what bad state it was in.
Hence why he rarely gets any replies on there, cause people know how he is.

Including upvoting posts like yours with one of his many accounts.

I advocated for buffs to underperforming classes and nerfs to overperforming builds. You can imagine a class that is being tested on the PTR where a buff is clearly warranted. Unfortunately, if Blizzard misses on the high side, a reduction in the magnitude of the buff is in order not to yield an OP build. I think this is where your confusion may lie.

WD should be buffed. I think the data suggest that they again missed on the high side and WD need a reduction in the magnitude of the buff before the changes go live in patch 2.6.8

1 Like

Someone didn’t get the note about being ignored.
Just like here:

We should get back the block function. People lying, sturring up troll posts and literally has double standards on buffing and nerfing should not be a thing. Do remember to log into one of x accounts to upvote yourself.

1 Like

FYI

You can follow the directions here if you do not want to see someone’s posts.

We could always hide our profiles, cause you know. Seeing peoples characters and view where and what they’ve posted is such a secret.

At least I know what to read and from whom for REAL answers.

This thread is about WD’s power on the PTR, but I wanted to let you know how to utilize the forum features better.

I have posted this at least 4 times now in replies to you, but in case you missed it:

To view someone’s post history, all you need to do is click on the magnifying glass search function and enter @Battletag

For me, enter @MicroRNA-1507

Everyone’s character profile is broken at the moment. When Blizzard fixes it, go to
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MicroRNA-1507/career
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MicroRNA-1507/career

You can view anyone’s character profile in US/EU/AS by simply knowing the region to look and by using their battletag. It currently is broken. You can click on your own character profile and see the error message.

I wonder what ignore means for others. I don’t know why someone would think I read anything else but the notification I get.

• Ignore, refuse to take notice of or acknowledge.

Please show any Typhon set clearing anywhere near GR140. Hell I’ll do you one better, GR130! We’ll be waiting.

1 Like

Oh no. He will have to find those ssd’s with x amount of tablets… Yeah wish that set would perform better and outside of channeling.

1 Like

You are right. I should have said it was not the set but the new LoN build that is clearing GR 142 on the PTR with the changes to legendaries introduced in the patch.

I edited my post that you quoted to replace “set” with “new LoN build”. Thanks for catching this.

I understand frustrations can happen during a discussion/discourse, but can we keep it to the topic at hand please. I’d love to hear more people expand upon their thoughts as I’ve done so myself within the comment section. Keep it civil though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your OP is spot on. The current iteration of WD is OP. There really is not much to add besides the numbers need to be tweaked downward. The question is the extent.

Honestly it’s not too alarming considering next is 138 7k para, Crusader’s 144, WW Barb didn’t even push it’s a H90 at the top, and of course the horde of WD’s above 143. But the Wiz set obviously needs the most love of any set out there. It’s not even close.

3 Likes

I agree that WD are stronger than wizards in the PTR. Blizzard also mentioned that crusader may get another nerf due to their performance.

The problem with the new wizard set relates to the relative strength of the set bonuses versus supporting legendaries. The only way to make the set stronger is to decrease the power of the supporting legendaries.

That’s the hard question to tackle, mainly due to the fact of it’s doing the GR Cap we don’t know how much higher it can go with certainty. I personally wouldn’t speak to the extent of which the nerf is needed, though it is needed none the less

If I had to take a starting guesstimate, I’d say a good place to test would be around a 5 tier nerf and work from there

That is the key question. Since I have done these calculation recently, going from 2X to 1X is about 4.5 GRs, 3X to 1X damage is roughly 7 GRs in DPS. 4X to 1X is ~9 GRs.

1 Like

A good starting place would be at the 4.5/7 Tier nerf range, and see what happens from there.

1 Like

MicroRNA is about the most level headed person on these forums. He also looks at all data and consistently has the same mindset for every class. He is one of the few that actually looks at balance without bias. He is also correct in a lot of what he says.

I’ve had differing opinions from him in certain matters, but I know he posts very solid information. I find that the people who hate on MicroRNA are usually those that only care about their main class and scream about the world is ending when blizzard thinks about nerfing said class.

5 Likes