WD Dmg Nearing Bazooka Levels

It does need a nerf, but if it were to be reworded, I would say re-balance. People should also read through the comment section to get an idea of what’s being talked about. Discussion should come from people who’ve grasped the topic at hand, as well the expansion of ideas within the comments.

2 Likes

Basically anyone who’s against a nerf on this is absolutely wrong. This dude crit for 558 Trillion and then 664 Trillion less than 1/2 a second later (You can see that here https://i.imgur.com/52cVJhT.png). This was 10 seconds after the RG spawned, so his stricken stacks aren’t going to be giving him that much of a boost. At max, 40 stacks of stricken, if he’s capped at 4aps… If you’re failing to see a problem with that? You are 100% delusional… I’m a casual player these days and even I can see how ridiculously overpowered that is… Even if I played WD I would advocate for a nerf. Like I did with WW barbs last season (I mainly play barb)

Even with 4.7k paragon, and if he has every slot primal… that is still ridiculously overpowered. Y’all just want something to replace your broken bazooka wizards that got properly nerfed.

uhhhmm I do not want any one class to be nerfed, but would love to see them rework how groups and solo play work with each other but when a group say they need to nerf top a class because it makes group unfun then the soloers get a bigger nerf so yes all people should be in the discussion not just the one that see it how you see things to be!!

1 Like

It needs nerfed. Period.

You want to know what the reward for grouping with other people is and spending the time building around that group is? It’s being able to do higher GR’s. Accept it and move on. You’re not even going to see the nerf in solo play. It’ll affect you by maybe 2-5 GR levels. That’s it. You’re not going to 150 solo anyway, so stop whining and focus on something more important.

By the way? I play solo. I group with people in public games for bounties. That’s it. You just want to be broken for a season and you know it. You’re just not willing to admit it on a public forum.

1 Like

You have the spirit but are completely wrong. The wd does close to no damage on the boss. 600Tr is nothing, check the damage numbers during big trash pulls if you want to see impressive numbers.

How’d that go for ya?

:sunglasses:

Nah.

I hope they leave it alone. It’s great to see WD back in the meta. Hope they buff Frenzy to be a good RGK.

Next patch, I hope they make DHs and Necros just as strong.

P.S. Spin to win!

3 Likes

600 Trillion 10 seconds into the RG spawning is plenty big enough lmao… I can’t believe people are this dense… jesus chist.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: Obviously not well. Too many crybabies like you on the forums that got their way :kissing_heart: Thats why I didn’t play FOTM barb and opt’d for FOTH Crusader. It was more interesting and challenging.

So you want people 4 man speed running the maximum level of content in the game… k.

You know what thats a recipe for? An even deader game.

Whoops! You seem to have made a mistake!

See, I don’t decide how to balance the game. The developers do, and the Balance Blog makes it pretty clear that what we were saying was spot-on. Barbs are fine. Stop trying to take away fun for the WDs!

So . . .

FTFY

1 Like

rofl. ok… thats why barbs were FOTM… they’ll be even stronger with this season theme if people do it right, but hey, you’re the expert :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Did you read up, pre rend/ww buff and how they have been previous to that?
Have you read up about the new set ?

While Free might not see him/herself as an expert, from what I have been reading, him/her and many others on the Barbarian forum has plenty of knowledge and more than I knew about.
So in my eyes, him/her and others on there are experts.

1 Like

Hypothetically, if the WD needs tuned back, the set is the problem here. Even with PTR barber/ gazing demise, LOD is still 9750% vs 30,000% (very mediocre 600 mana regen). Even if you consider supporting legendaries from LoD, you cant exclude the fact LoD loses Bane of Trap OR pain enhancer as 3rd gem, of which both are important DPS gems. I could peak 1.2k mana regen on some setups thats 60,000% multiplier. Someone mentioned 35x Mana Regen. If tuned back this might be reasonable in my opinion.

Personally, with Star Pact gone, we need some form of stable trash kill. What makes WD outlier as Kika pointed out is its solo capability. It has near star pact progression ability AND it kills RG ALOT BETTER THAN SP. If any fall back on WD, it will be its solo capability. Class balancing are always about its solo capacity, rarely its nerfed due to group OPness. SP has reigned for 2 years before taken down.

WD Solo: either tune Manitou (rg kill rune) down OR down shed its toughness so it steps down been tier 1 solo bd. Basically requires babysitting in High tier GR. TBH which ever route it is, its unfair for a 2+ years cold bench in META class to be tuned back. Even its a little OP, at least give a patch before tune it down.

1 Like

Dude. I was literally in the group that cleared that greater rift you took a screen shot from.
First of all, the WD didn’t even play stricken. Even if he did, what do you think 600Tr is compared to the boss’ health ?
I’ll tell you: A gr150 boss has 2.084 quintillion HP. That’s 2 million trillion. 600Tr is literally 0.03% of the health of the boss.
WD is OP and should be nerfed IMO. The WD doing 600Tr damage on the boss in 10s is not why it should be nerfed.

6 Likes

I beg to differ. WD solo non-season clears on the PTR include already two at GR 145 and 7 clears at or above GR 143. We know that the live clears invariably exceed those on the PTR by multiple GRs. PTR WDs are OP and there should be a reduction in the magnitude of their buff.

Agreed. The set bonus(es) is what should be reduced.

We know that wizards and thorns necromancers were nerfed in patch 2.6.7. I realize that some follow the dogma of “Always buff, never nerf” and did not support a crusader nerf in patch 2.6.7a and soon to be patch 2.6.8, although this build was considered OP by the vast majority. I prefer balance where OP builds are nerfed and weak classes buffed.

In terms of barbs nerfs/buffs:

1. In the PTR Patch 2.6.7, the rend damage modifier on lamentation was a 150%-200%.
  2. In patch 2.6.7, lamentation did not have the rend damage modifier that was first introduced in the PTR but never part of the “live” game.
  3. Free and other requested that damage modifier to remain at 150-200% or even “liked” posts requesting the rend modifier to be increased as high 400%.
  4. A small subset of posters that included myself suggested a flat 100% rend damage modifier.
  5. Blizzard decided on 100%-150% in patch 2.6.7a.

In terms of the game balance blog:
Nev recently provided a more detailed update in the last week in response to one of my posts where I questioned the presented data tables. She acknowledged that their season dataset that they used was only two weeks old (and by extension, their non-season data was likely less than 3 weeks old as patch 2.6.7a dropped November 20 while the new season started November 22). As you can imagine, there is a dramatic falloff in non-season players as the new season starts.

Given the immaturity of the dataset as well as differences in class popularity, this created a now acknowledged strangeness in Blizzard’s data. Nev has not explicitly mentioned how the data has changed with time except that the numbers are higher with more practice/optimization of the new builds. You can think about the implications of this statement. She has not provided new “numbers” and I suspect that Blizzard is reluctant as they prefer the focus to be more on the philosophy. They are continuing to get more data and analyze it. In a different post, she has also mentioned that a balancing patch will be coming after the patch 2.6.9 to reign in builds and/or buff builds.

4 Likes

That’s my point. Name me 1 other class that can just open up with 664T crits after 10 seconds on the RG without a pylon. I’m not comparing the damage to the RGs health pool. I’m comparing the damage to EVERY OTHER CLASS IN THE GAME.

It’s exactly why it should be nerfed. A 150 RG shouldn’t melt to any particular build. It should take time of building up stricken stacks, which is EXACTLY why it was added to the game.

Totally okay with WD’s doing that damage, they’re going to need it.
You know…Starpact wasn’t the only spell you can Bazooka with.
evil Tidus laugh

First you need to understand that this crit is the accumulation of all damage dealt in the last 10 seconds, so to make it a fair comparison, you need to compare to the sum of the damage dealt in 10s, for classes that don’t burst.
Which classes can do this kind of dps ? Monk tempest rush. Crusader shotgun. WD carnevil, barb rend, necro corpse lance, barb frenzy, dh impale, heck even a rathma necro can do it.

3 Likes

Why would Blizzard ever balance their game for not even 1% of the player base? you complaining about a 10m GG GR clear from top tier players but not about the season necro who cleared a GR150 with only 1.8k paragon?

this WD is even harder to pull off then bazooka. With this build not even 1% of the player base are able to clear a GR150 in a 4-Man premade, much less random groups from in-game comunities. SB WD is strong but for sure weaker then bazooka and like i said, much harder to play properly.

in my opinion it’s not justified to call for nerfs because <1% of the player base are able to play sb wd close to bazooka-level while the rest playing it much worse.

I’m OK with WD being the S20 TK, but needs a little damage nerf and a good toughness buff. For normal players, being too squishy is a reason to not play a build. The nerf is self-explanatory: doing 145+ on NS is more than blizz wants for the game.

Right now, looking at NS LBs (notPTR), it’s clear that necs need a big big buff (toughness is their main problem imo), dhs a big buff, wds a mini buff (toughness is their main problem imo), saders a big nerf to HF, barbs are ok (maybe a little, extramini nerf to lamentation), monks a little buff and wizs (no bazooka) need a buff.
Finnaly, new WD set needs a big nerf to their dmg and a buff to their toughness. It will make the set more playable for normal players and not the best option by far for TK.

1 Like

10 min in a perfect grift with power on boss still long away than bazooka …I thing this patch will be crap if not change something finally