[Barb] H90 Focused Feedback

Free

i guess we should summarize our suggestions gearwise. could you do that in one clear post?
like the idea with the ring. not to mention the it was my idea^^
for reworking gear we have so far:

1. Wedding Band
  2. Sescherom Vambracers
  3. Lacuni Prowlers
  4. Krelm Set
  5. or incorparting H90 Bracers (instead of chest piece or pants)

We’re not going to get additional items re-worked. We might get a re-work on the set bonuses, but we won’t get new affixes slapped on different items. There is zero chance of that happening.

Imo it’s most promising to focus on a rework of the 2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared and Frozen Enemies take double damage

Since we get all Frenzy Runes from Undisputed Champion (Frenzy Smite has 30% Stun) and Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) is pretty much mandatory how about adding:

Stunned and Knockbacked Enemies take double damage from Frenzy for 4 sec (time span opens option to counter boss cc immunity for coe element etc.).

Or Enemies affected by Hard CC take double damage from Frenzy for 4 sec.

Or simply Enemies slowed (or affected by your shouts) take double damage from your Frenzy.

Not sure how hard they want to keep the fear mechanic.

1 Like

All good ideas. Knockback and Stun would be great–multiple ways to apply both.

But yeah, the 2-piece bonus needs an overhaul.

1 Like

Done GR 124 at p1945~

The set could definitely use more damage.

I am ok with Cold being the primary element for H90 builds, like Fire being best for HotA and Physical for Rend.

Stun from Frenzy rune needs to go. Those 1 secs do more harm then good.

Bastion’s bug with damage types needs to be fixed.

I want this set to be viable as RGK.

2 Likes

Agreed. Free, what did you guys found on new Bastion effect? I did not test any solo H90, rather i tried some H90 Rgk setups and also geared H90 as RGZ…(rgk+zb combined into 1 in 3 player with zmk+trash kill)… my experience is the Bastion chain effect is what kills its performance. RG with adds just makes the main target (RG) damage dilated too much. on 3 player 115 with 1k paragon s20 on average lvl 100 gems. Saxtris took almost 3 min to kill where single target RG 1.x min.

Did I do something wrong? The chained target SHARE damage right? If so, how about chained target takes a proportion of MAIN TARGET splash damage. Lets say RG takes 1T damage, oppose to 1T/15 targets, RG still takes 1T but splash other 14 targets with lets say 20% dmg??

2 Barb may look stupid, but it really synergies well with WD trash killer.

Since the 2-piece affix is a shout affix, it should just be enemies affected by your shouts take 2x damage from Frenzy, or Frenzy does 2x damage after you use a shout for X seconds.

Just get rid of all the problems of making this depend on hard CC already.

2 Likes

They could make cold freeze lightening gen 6 fury. But I guess they don’t want to take the risk.

Couldn’t they just swap the tunes? Make lightning throw an axe and make cold freeze an enemy.

I HAVE THE ANSWER (humor me)

1. Drop Undisputed Champion, buff Oathkeeper instead.

2. Add Vanguard to the set.

3. Increase DR to 7%.

Undisputed Champion not working with this set would just be wrong.

Out of the blue noob question : Couldn’t Frostburn Gauntlet be a viable option ?

Even if they do that, this “buff” is not enough to fix 2pc HC resistance.

I may prefer they extend the duration to 6s. Frozen/Fear enemy take 100% more dmg for 6 s.

I mean actually they have many way to solve the question. We do have enough excellent feedbacks.

Now what we need most is Dev’s confirmation, like this:

OK let’s DO It, make Frenzy barb tougher, fix bastion element bug, make 2pc useful.

2 Likes

No. Cuz no extra cube slots. You can’t replace any of the cubed items. Bastion CoE/BoM DD.

1 Like

Can anyone make a comparison in terms of GR levels between IK HOTA and H90?

Most likely not.

If you have one target, they take all 10 extra hits and the damage. So you get 10X damage to one target.

However, if you have 2 targets, the damage is split 50/50 between them. So you only get a 5X damage increase on your main target.

On 10 targets, you get what is in effect, one (1) hit with a frenzy hit on all of them. Just with a really weird proc situation that, most likely due to a minor proc delay, spread stricken procs across all the targets. Or to put it another way, the 1 stricken proc will end up on one of those 10 enemies and severely weaken its effect.

The main target will take the originating frenzy hit as well as the Bastion effect, butm as shown above, the more adds you have, the less damage you will do.

2 Likes

I did try it, and the loss of defense was not worth it since it added very little extra damage.

1 Like

Undisputed Champion is so problematic. Smite and Cold Steel don’t work in our favor. Secondly, the chances of Oathkeeper being buffed are silim to none because it would make H90 OP. Dropping Undisputed Champion would be better in the long run.

I disagree. Undisputed Champion is only problematic due to the bad design of the 2-piece set bonus.

Of the 5 Frenzy runes, only one of them is useless to the build because this set doesn’t use a Fury spender.

Vanguard helps with mobility giving you 50% movement bonus at max stacks, Maniac is obviously great giving a 25% bonus to damage, Smite helps with APD, and Sidearm (assuming that it benefits from the increased damage to Frenzy) is also some good extra damage, with the caveat that certain monsters can reflect them back to us.

Again, Undisputed Champion is great, the 2-piece set bonus just sucks, and we’ve known that since the very first patch notes.

4 Likes

Alright, I was reading that Smite was interfering with freeze/fear as it pertained to cc. And that Cold Steel was inflicting heavy damage on us when kicked back my wreavers. Vanguard and Maniac are obviously great. If it’s more beneficial then we should definitely keep it.