WD Desperately Needs A Toughness Boost

Originally posted this in the PTR forum here: WD Desperately Needs More Toughness

Was hoping they would maybe sneak in a last minute buff in the final PTR notes, but alas, those just came out: Season 22 | Shades of the Nephalem | Has Ended - Diablo III

And the WD didn’t get any

So i’ll just repost it here and hope it gets some developer attention

Honestly it’s been getting progressively worse for like, the last 10 seasons, maybe even more.

WD Toughness is just abysmal lately, some of the top WD builds shifting to LoD did stem the tide slightly, as we were able to make use of some interesting legendaries such as stone gauntlets, aquila cuirass, and unity

But now we’re getting back to sets being the main push builds, it’s really made it obvious just how bad WD toughness is

Please give them SOMETHING to help it out

As for ideas as to what exactly that could be, i’ve seen a few suggestions thrown around in various WD Feedback threads dedicated for sets, i’d be interested in seeing what other people think could be a good idea but i’ll start off with mine

( 1 ). Just buff Lakumbas from 6% to 8% per stack, this is probably not the most appealing option as a common complaint with WD is our reliance on the Lakumba & Sacred Harvester combo, but it IS the easiest fix that could be applied relatively quickly

For a more satisfying(in my opinion) buff to Lakumbas, make it grant a flat 80% damage reduction while you have at least 1 stack of Soul Harvest, this would also eliminate the need to use sacred harvester in every build, which imo would be a massive improvement

( 2 ). Buff the soul harvest ability itself, perhaps doubling, or even tripling the amount of armour that it grants per stack

( 3 ). Add a 50% enemy damage reduction to the Hwoj Wrap or Belt of Transcendence

Just please give us something lol

1 Like
  • What build?

Post must be at least 20 characters…

1 Like

This would make most builds worst using belt slot. Adding even more items with damage reduc is bad. We already have alot of slots used up for reduc. Plus belt slot screws with crimson and sage set options.

Best would be to unlink damage reduction on Lakumbas from Sacred Harvester so we can use any weapon we want. And then as you suggested, just buff Lakumbas at minimum to 5 stacks as 70%+ as its used in most builds anyway.

Just get rid of the reliance of SH and Lakumba’s by giving us a ring with +80% damage reduction