WD Desperately Needs More Toughness

Honestly it’s been getting progressively worse for like, the last 10 seasons, maybe even more.

WD Toughness is just abysmal lately, some of the top WD builds shifting to LoD did stem the tide slightly, as we were able to make use of some interesting legendaries.

But now we’re getting back to sets being the main push builds, it’s really made it obvious just how bad WD toughness is

Please give them SOMETHING to help it out

As for ideas as to what exactly that could be, i’ve seen a few suggestions thrown around in various WD Feedback threads dedicated for sets, i’d be interested in seeing what other people think could be a good idea but i’ll start off with mine

( 1 ). Just buff Lakumbas from 6% to 8% per stack, this is probably not the most appealing option as a common complaint with WD is our reliance on the Lakumba & Sacred Harvester combo, but it IS the easiest fix that could be applied relatively quickly

For a more satisfying(in my opinion) buff to Lakumbas, make it grant a flat 80% damage reduction while you have at least 1 stack of Soul Harvest, this would also eliminate the need to use sacred harvester in every build, which imo would be a massive improvement

( 2 ). Buff the soul harvest ability itself, perhaps doubling, or even tripling the amount of armour that it grants per stack

( 3 ). Add a 50% enemy damage reduction to the Hwoj Wrap or Belt of Transcendence

Just please give us something lol

13 Likes

would be awesome, especially if you are unlucky enough to die on the RG

2 Likes

absolutely support your suggests. WD toughness is the most weird design.

For examples, other roles, e.g. Wiz, barb just use one ring + one skill to get damage reduction immediately.

But WD needs 2 accessories + 1 skill, and then stack 10 times to get 60% damage reduction.

I were so often in bounty runs lost the stacks in boss wars, and the worst cases secnarios are in rift guardian killing time, if WD lost stacks then means no chance to stack them back at all.

5 Likes

It’s an outdated mechanic, was fine back when T13 was the king, but now it just doesn’t hold water anymore.

Personally I’d prefer a buff to Soul Harvest, and also add / increase DR on sets, so that they can work w/o sacred harvester MH or cubbed.

Completely agree with your post. Toughness is an issue and the only thing you can rely on high rifts is the spirit walk. Mastering it, is a whole different story. WD either needs another generic 50% damage reduction item or something needs to be done about lakumba-harvester. Personally i find it restricting that i have to sacrifice 2 items, but more importantly a weapon, to get a toughness boost whereas every other class has a belt or a ring for that job. Not to mention that if you die to a Rift Guardian, unless he spawns 9 more mobs around him, it is really hard to recover. It can lead to one-shot after one-shot.

3 Likes

Adding my voice to the chorus here. Toughness on the WD is abysmal. Even though they’re my favourite class, going back to WD after spending a bit of time with the other classes doesn’t feel good. Everything hits like a truck and you’re running around like a headless chicken trying madly to keeps stacks up, and woe betide you if you die to a rift guardian. Does not for fun gameplay make. The dependency on Lakumba’s + Sacred Harvester in just about every build must be broken, even if that means a temporary bandaid fix (like the one you suggested) before something more concrete is added in.

3 Likes

+1

i love WD, but reliance on lakumba’s + sacred harvester is problematic. and the stack based thing bothers me less because i used to play a lot of inarius necro and i’m used to it, but it’s honestly a problem there as well.

Very much… +++1 :+1:t4:

Most other classes get same amount of damage resistance from a single item while doc has to invest in 2, that doesn’t seem very fair. Other than that, other generic resistance items are somewhat difficult to work in the build due to slot restrictions.

It’s one of my least played classes for this sole reason, so I’m all in for new or improved ways of getting more defense.

1 Like

You guys need to be more active about this demand.

Meanwhile Necro BS just became immune to dmg.

1 Like

A typical scenario that happens often is entering a GR in HC without stacks and you encounter an elite/elite pack with jailing & arcane and no trash mobs.

I’ve stated before that just adding 12% per stack on LO bracers would work wonders. Don’t add monk into the mix of other characters who have good DR…they are just as bad or worse for DR even having epiphany which some builds don’t even use like gen.

Blizzard dont want u to play HC, cause then they don’t´ve to fix the server lag

Several great suggestions I’ve heard, might need to do all of them …

• Lakumbra has 80% DR with any stacks of soul harvest
  • Coils of the First Spider: Increase to 60% or 80% DR. Add zombie charger :slight_smile:
  • Helltooth set: Increase to 80% DR.
  • Arachyr set: Increase to 75% DR and keep life regen

Edit: How much damage reduction does Zuni get?

• Zuni set: Does it need a DR buff? How many fetishes are always on? Should it be 5% per fetish?

That’s not a bad idea at all! That can also deem sacred harvester not 100% mandatory in every build. SH can then be reworked to compliment a specific set like jade harvester.

lakumbas-ornament
60% damage reduction in one more layer
sacred-harvester
can get 10 Available times not 10 layers

Just wanted to throw my two-cents in the pot. I agree with OP. WD needs better damage mitigation options to breakup having to always run soul harvest/lakumba/harvester.

Taken from another post of mine -

• It would be awesome if Guardian’s Jeopardy set could be increased from 8000 Life per second to 80000 and provide either more vitality or more direct damage reduction of at least (Edit: 45%).

Also thinking about just flat-out making Henri’s Perquisition buff 80% all the time. There are so many options.

I’d suggested some changes in WD survivability in my thread but your idea for lakumba’s is even better.

Check out my suggestions:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/ptr-2610-wd-feedback/22675

1 Like