Waiting for PTR 2.7.8 to drop

Just waiting … may have to wait until end of march.

You shouldn’t expect much. Why not take advantage of this season?

3 Likes

It’s been fun even if i do get mugged off… again.

I’m waiting for the Altar to drop in NS.

12 Likes

What I’ve been doing is trying classes and builds I normally don’t play. Like WD… hardly play except for the Mundunugu’s build but trying the Zombie Bears and it’s a blast. This is definitely a season to try stuff you’d normally never try. The combo of shards, visions to farm mats, and the altar all make trying new things much more enjoyable.

1 Like

Waiting for PTR 2.7.8 to drop

Are you expecting it to include something new?

2 Likes

At most we’ll get some balance changes from now on. But even those should have PTR testing. After all Blizzard has such a successful track record of implementing untested balance changes, right?

1 Like

I am waiting for the patch changes so i know which items in both my seasonal and non seasonsal stash to keep and which to trash. I have multiple sets for a class eg uliana including primals. So, if there are no further changes to sets mechanics, i will trash those sets and items which i will not used because of the playstyle. Eg uliana is clunky so i am only keeping inna and lod wol for monk if there are no more set changes.

1 Like

I don’t expect a PTR, they will just drop the next season at some point with a new recycled theme along with visions and the gutted altar.
Date will be announced on X if they remember.

6 Likes

If there is no Visions and Altar with 2.7.8 I don’t think it’ll be worth waiting for.

I doubt we’ll see any further balance changes, but would be nice if some of the feedback from prior to S30 would still be considered

3 Likes

I hope they stop the “balancing”. It only means nerf to NS because season theme is too strong.

3 Likes

PTR 2.7.8 OK Right. What are they going to do. Give a PTR to test old theme stuff. After this season you only going get older themes.

Come OP you been here long enough to know season 30 is the last season to do to any thing new. Plus what did they really give US with this season that was any thing NEW!!!

The only thing I see going on is maints updates.

Well with this season they still did give us balance changes. Wouldn’t expect those starting with next season anymore

Not even a PTR for balancing instead of additions?

Depends on how much balancing they do, if any at all. My expectation is zero at this point. Not that I care much, I stopped playing D3 when the Altar was not brought to NS. I will only play a little when ethereals or crucibles come back. Well, unless they surprise me with a huge balance patch. Not that I expect them to do that - so for me, I won’t waste my time trying to ride a dead horse.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was any balancing. That’s just swapping numbers.

If not, it is what it is.

1 Like

The last balance patch was done with the Altar and Shards. Next season won’t have shards. Different shards affect many builds differently. On top of that of that, shards are considered one of the strongest themes along with the Altar. I get a feeling things are going to be very out of whack if they do not balance around the next recycled theme.

Maybe they can balance around the next theme without a PTR, but seeing as they have had so much trouble balancing with a PTR, I don’t think that is going to happen.

2 Likes

My 6th sense tingles. The patch notes may be out in the next 24 hours. Lol …

1 Like

I wouldn’t be expecting a D3 PTR. D4 taking all the D3 features…

• they’ve taken the PTR
  • they’ve taken GRs and made it the pits

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Altar and Fissures show up in both seasons and the eternal realm in D4 next.

1 Like

Honestly, since there supposedly will be no more changes (besides number tweaking on some sets, probably) I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t get a PTR before next patch/season.

1 Like