"Visions" questions

So, is anyone else having issue in these new Visions dungeons? My HC character is playing T8, easily crushes T10 Grifts yet was one-hit died in a T6 Vision. Do these not follow the torment difficulty range? By all I know, she ought easily crush anything these dungeons can throw her way. In non-HC I’ve seen my WW barbian be one-hit by the blue elites even though she can rip through 80+ grifts.

If this is a bug, please fix it. Else, you’ve successfully drove away a 20 year D3 player here.

They can be brutal with lots of blue and yellow monsters in a cramped space plus the two extra effects that can happen in the Visions.
As a side note: wouldn’t you have two cheat deaths when playing HC?

I’m not a hardcore player but I would guess they are safest to do when you have a completely set up build.

3 Likes

There is an additional scaling happening on top of the selected difficulty. The first level is about the same as the selected difficulty but deeper you go, the more challenging it’ll become.

Also the new elite affixes hurt too. Necrotic in particular makes health recovery slower.

5 Likes

I haven’t investigated the numbers myself, but it looks like wudijo did some digging into the HP scaling in Visions:

Extrapolating that chart (he didn’t have values for every floor, but the RG scaling at least was very consistent and predictable), it looks like RG health is a bit over 2x higher by floor 7, and by floor 15 would be 3.5x higher. That means floor 7 in a vision is equivalent to about +1 torment level higher, and floor 15 is closer to +2 torment levels higher than whatever you started on.

I don’t know if the incoming damage scales in a similar way, but I’d assume it scales up a bit as you go down floors. And so when you combine that with the rooms full of elites, 3x RGs, and special affixes (e.g. necrotic like Kirottu mentioned), incoming damage on floor 15 is probably also at least as dangerous as +2 torment levels higher. I’d think you’d want to be able to comfortable handle +2-3 torment levels higher if you want to expect to clear a vision down to floor 15.

3 Likes

A dream (partly) come true for people wanting higher Torment levels than XVI. :grin:

2 Likes

How did you manage that when D3 is 11 years old?

7 Likes

Visions are much harder than base game. Normal monster ramming damage is instakill. Not only are monsters much stronger, but the Necrosis debuff drains life quickly and makes all sources of healing, including LPS, LPH, and potion, almost useless. This will slowly kill you unless you have a maxed Gizzard gem, combined with maybe one other defensive gem, and even then you’re still vulnerable. I also notice that the elites monsters often pull you, making it harder to position yourself away from their DOT ground effects.

I would not do this season on hardcore. Softcore characters are getting killed fairly regularly.

It’s great on softcore though!

1 Like

Depends… I play a TR wizard on HC and even T16 Visions are more or less a walk in the Park. They key is having a build that shreds stuff on GR100 and Galvanizing Ward plus a lot of Life is a must. But then, and unless the shield goes down completely, you can flat out ignore Necrotic.

Wouldn’t recommend playing Visions during leveling in HC, though. Unless you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

The visions are much tougher on you defensively than the Torment level you are on. Killing stuff is close to the same, but they drain you much faster. I have lost 2 HC so far this season doing them, so I found I just run them 3 or 4 difficulties lower than I would run rifts or bounties. The only areas I have problems with is with the jammed packed elite levels. You might have to stay close to the door and be ready to retreat real quick.

That’s pro. You been playing the game 9 years before it was released :slight_smile: .

Most serious players I know don’t use 2 cheat deaths ever. If you know what you are doing, you will rarely die in HC. I actually like playing HC because it has made me a much, much better SC player.

1 Like

Even with Tal Rasha wiz need to be careful and at HC cheat death is kind of mandatory at Visions. My softcore Tal Rasha wiz never has cheat death selected and from time to time is one-shotted (or otherwise killed super fast) when entering a floor. I have Galvanizing ward and shield bracers in that setup, but Halo of Karini doesn’t always have time to proc when entering a floor.

It’s quite interesting how my speed setup flies trough GR100 comfortably in 2 minutes, never dying, but in Visions it dies maybe 1 in 5-10 times (or once in ~50-100 floors).

2 Likes

In SC I have an armory setup for running echoing nightmares where I have a cheat death passive on top of the follower’s cheat death. If I were to play HC I’d use the same setup for Visions.

5 Likes

Lol. Guess they do when running solo using follower cheat death too. I, personally, just run the passive and only die when extremely careless.

1 Like

Real men play HC on dial up, blindfolded with one hand tied behind their back.

2 Likes

I always run the class passive + follower cheat death in HC.

Well, at least once I have an immortality relic.

Levelling up, it’ll be Templar cheat death from level 20 onwards (and hope he stays alive!), Unstable Anomaly at level 60+.

When I hit 70 sometimes I’ll turn the follower cheat death off and just run class cheat death until I get an immortality relic just so I don’t get lulled into a false sense of security.

Once I have the immortality relic I basically always run both though.

1 Like

I should have clarified that with two cheat deaths I meant the follower’s and one’s own passive (for solo play naturally… and I know there is an amulet in HC that gives an extra life too).
Anyway my comment was mainly directed at the OP who said he had a one-hit death.

1 Like

What is a T10 Grift?

If you meant GR10, isn’t that like equivalent to Torment 2?
Your actual Torment setting has zero impact on the GR difficulty

1 Like

GR 45. It can be seen by Orek’s obelisk

Your under geared, come back again when you are stronger

I’m sure he means a T10 rift because he also talks about T6 difficulty.
You’re right about the rest of course.

1 Like