VIDEO: ALL Skills from ALL classes!

Not look done? I think it looks great.

It looks like the havenā€™t removed the old shield when you cast it. Thatā€™s a long staple of the skill. I could pick any old ugly shield knowing when I cast HS it would be replaced with the icon. This version only overlays the icon on your current shield. Iā€™ll admit it doesnā€™t look that bad on the tower shield but what if you had a buckler or spiked shield. Iā€™d rather see it replace like it used to. Iā€™m also not sure I like the golden tint it has.

Then again you and Stig1 like it so maybe they are going in that direction for ā€˜artistic reasonsā€™. Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m a pally purest, I spent as much time on my Pally as on my Necyā€™s. Iā€™m probably going to sound like an old conservative on this.

2 Likes

I onlw watched the first video so far. One thing I noticed is the shadow of the last skill (4:20+). a spear and its shadow flying west look fine, but you see 2 shadows of one spear flying south.

The overall impression is just excellent. Of course some skills need work but the look of the game is far beyond what I could have expected back when the remaster was only rumors.

still missing some skills, does the guy who made the last 4 videos even play diablo?

I had that thought when he skipped the werewolf skills haha

Sorceress:
The lightning spell for Sorceress looks a bit off.
It has to be a little bit more thicker and white color.
Diablo2: https://postimg.cc/V5RcXPsX
D2:R https://postimg.cc/5XZcfxpW

Paladin:
Holy Shield spell doesnā€™t look that good.
Only the front Icon is glowing, and the back plate looks terrible when Itā€™s enabled.

Druid:
Dire Wolf spell looks weird.
It looks Transparent grey.

I really like most of all character skill overhaules besides the necro :confused: . Sad thing is the necro is my favorite char lol.

I really love fire traps of the assa, looks great.

Disappointing did not show both old and new right after the other to show comparisonā€¦ I would of done better job but no beta key :frowning:

Yeah, Holy Shield looks off.

But overall, the skills look great.

I like hs because now we can see what the pally is wielding.
It needs to be like this.

1 Like

Going to have to agree with this change. In Classic, the color and type of shields can vary quite a bit for din shieldsā€¦I really like being able to see what people are wearing behind their HS. I hope they keep it this way.

I think it works better to not make everything shield look same when active, especially with the work to make unique and sets look like the artwork

Thatā€™s a good point. It would essentially make the time and effort that went into the designs useless for ppl that main paladins, as every din uses HS pretty much all the time.

HS is growing on me, even tho I do think it will look a little off with certain shield types.

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t match the shield and looks weird on top of it.

Like I said Iā€™m an old hand on this and I think it should entirely replace the shield. Thatā€™s what it always did. We only see it on the tower shield, if you really want to judge it you need to see it on all the others. I think they have made it so it almost perfectly sits on top of the Pally class shields, but pull out a spiked shield and itā€™s going to look off.

That said Iā€™ll bring out my next complaint, maybe I should make a thread on it. The ā€˜flap of materialā€™ on the back of the skull helm. You can see it on the necy video most apparently after 2:20 when he makes an Iron Golem out of his armor. The Sorc has it as well when she is wearing the skull helm. - I hate it.

I am assuming this is the solution to people asking ā€˜what happened to his hair?ā€™ The hair is either folded up under the helm or braided and put back. But a braid creates a nice handle for someone to pull while fighting and thus folding it up under the helm is the better option. There is even the argument that the extra hair folded under your arming cap may give more ā€˜cushionā€™ to the head like modern fencers have with all the padding in the fencing helm.

Please get rid of the flap and the hair, itā€™s not needed for ā€˜full head helmsā€™, it makes no sense and just looks bad.

Ditto. Not a big fan of the flap.

Probably to hide the fact they took away hair.

I 100% Agree on this, that was my favorite skill to use was holy shield yes for the increased Defense boost of course, but also changing the shield completely, this needs to be fixed/reverted back to replacing the whole shield not just adding the holy shield symbol, this is one change that is beyond disgusting to the D2 Community.

I mean. I understand having a preference one way or the other for how Holy Shield looksā€¦I think I would prefer it to go back to how it looks in D2 as wellā€¦

But really? Hyperbole much?
Of all the other changes, and the huge changes being requested all over this forumā€¦This is where youā€™re gonna draw the line? lol

Nice i play Necro mostly HC , and that iron golem is awesome. , love the way it melted when it died.