Valla's Bequest Interaction *SOLVED*

The reasons for the few number of short trials was that we wanted to test several setups and DiEoxidE was streaming. Twitch viewers can get antsy and change the channel if they see too much testing and not enough playing.

Also, I’m not being paid for this effort. A truly scientific study on this topic would take a lot of time and effort, more than what most are already willing to put forth. If you can secure me funding with a six figure salary, I would be happy to test this and other D3 mechanics for hundreds of hours lol.

In reality, Blizzard should be doing their own testing and bug fixing but alas they put that burden onto the players and don’t even bother to acknowledge (let alone fix) the bugs they report.

4 Likes

Very nice find and explanation, and great work!

Provided these results are valid, the Fortress Ballista+Squirts combo could become a competitive (and much more fun) variant.

Thanks for testing gents. I’ve tried (still trying) a few variations. Two piece Nats along with six piece GoD doesn’t work. I was trying to find some extra area damage but there wasn’t anything there.
I wish the Shadow set also included a quiver. A two piece Shadow with six piece GoD would be nice.

Thank you both for your work! Even if you did not prove that there aren’t any strange effects with Valla (which would be almost impossible anyway), it is good to see that there are no “simple” interactions.

That sounds reasonable. I did a few GR 120 with my (badly rolled) primal Valla (rolling RCR to AD, as my Fortress also has AD), comparing it to my usual DW setup. At first, I noted some improvements, but I think that’s mainly because I also switched to EoJ shortly before, which gives me more consistent results in “high” GR (~120-122 is my current limit) than FoT or Squirts.

Then I switched back to Fortress and I got (more or less) the same results. No real difference. Except (maybe) that I got a few more procs of EoJ with Valla, which could help in my setup. But that’s all.

I’m curious whether there will be some more findings later …

1 Like

Thanks to both of you for the testing, I was fortunate enuff to see the testing live on twitch. Seems that there will be a few good options for the 2nd wep. The last 2 days the RNG gods have blessed me with 2 Natalayas Slayers. One had dmg , dmg%, dex, cdr, rov dmg for rolls. I rerolled the ROV for AD. Took off the normal focus with cdr on it for a primal focus with crt hit, crt dmg and dex. Great fun testing it.

1 Like
9 Likes

Why is everyone so desperate to spotlight this set as bugged? We have multiple sources of video proof to the contrary.

…I don’t get it.

Greetings from everyone from Russia.
My English is very bad, so I write through a translator.
I’m the guy who closed high GR with Burise on PTR and now on NS EU. I know very well that her affix is ​​useless and took her in hand only because it is a two-handed crossbow (has more damage than a one-handed crossbow) and it has a better proc than other two-handed crossbows. But they started copying me thoughtlessly in the ladder, it was especially funny to see Burizu in the xDDD cube.
At PTR, I tested Valla and I know that it does not work either. But now running 145 GR 10 with Valla and 10 with Balista, you can see the mobs die faster with Valla, and I have no explanation for this. With Valla, I easily close 145 (but I go out on the boss so as not to rub the record with Buriza for fun). I don’t understand what’s the matter and it’s annoying, because in my tests Valla was equal in damage to any other one-handed crossbow.
I apologize again for my English. And I express great respect to the TPA clan, well done, keep up the good work.

20 Likes

You ruined yourself character. It’s necessary train C# to view some spots as real-time screen, rather than synthetic tests. There is some black magic values 396318 dh_bonearrow_projectile_cold; 129934 demonhunter_bonearrow_impact;

Have you guys seen this vid, and if so. Thoughts about it?

Wudijo did a big test also. Check him out on YouTube he proves damage increase of 0-50% due to extra generator hits done by extra strafe hits. It works best in density.

1 Like

Actually most impressed on EU by a char called Neon, he has around 7800 paragon. Cleared a 142 while wearing odyssey’s end.

I’m now running with helltrapper as second to see if I can survive without the fortress ballista and it’s fun to see calltrops/traps and sentrys :slight_smile:

yeah, theres also this chanons ballister or what it is called that states enemies being lured into your slow traps.

Wanted to try how good the lure is and if it maybe even pixelstacks for some reason.

Spike Traps instantly explode, as the GoD build casts generators and spenders making Chanon Bolter ineffective, other than its high damage range.

Arcane Barb, the craftable 2h Xbow is good if you want a fast primal, it has two secondary effects which can be life per kill and 5.1% freeze.

Ah, the Xbox Arcane. The older, rarer edition of the XBox Arcade (my first non-Commodore 64 gaming console :nerd_face:) :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha – spell check strikes again.

Xbow -> Xbox
Vallas -> Calls
Buriza -> Burins
Emimei -> Emilia

and the funniest one…

dmkt -> snot (what the hell phone?)

5 Likes

On a standard qwerty keyboard…

d is next to s
m is next to n
k is next to o

If it thought your fingers were one key off, it’s easy to see why it suggested snot.

3 Likes

Well then, maybe you can explain and elaborate to everyone why Vallas Bequest is being used over items that would/should be better suited for GoD6? Since you have multiple video sources and all…?

Do we not remember when several profiles were displaying completely nonsensical builds, but somehow were reaching high levels? It’s a red herring and you’re all buying it.

Also…you have the video tests available. Not my fault if you don’t watch them.

In 4m parties yes that was possible. In solo GR - not possible to change gear and kill RG.