Valla's Bequest, important break points, optimizations and more w/video!

No, it’s the opposite.

If your attack speed is between 1.50 and 1.666, then Valla’s doesn’t really do anything for you. You don’t need it. Also, you can’t actually have attack speed between 1.50 and 1.66 APS while using Valla’s (at least not if you’re also using Dawn and Ninth Cirri Satchel, anyway), but that’s besides the point.

If you’re anywhere outside that breakpoint, then Valla’s is definitely of use to you. And if you are outside that breakpoint and using Valla’s, then it doesn’t really matter what breakpoint you are in. The fact that you are using Valla’s means that the breakpoint isn’t all that important, at least in density. You might consider tweaking your BP a bit to optimize for single target RGs where Valla’s doesn’t really do anything (especially if you aren’t using Stricken, e.g. for mid-tier solo GR speedfarming), but for the most part, if you’re using Valla’s, you can just sort of ignore the breakpoints and take other stats instead of attack speed.

4 Likes

If you’re between 1.5 and 1.67 APS, for example by using a crossbow, you get the optimal breakpoint but can probably only fire 1 manual HA instead of 2 per second. Is that right? Is the trade off worth it then?

Strafe break points are different from strafe-weave manual cast break points and isn’t exactly related to sheet IAS. Too keep it simple, strafe-weaving with 2hxbow is going to feel the similar to all other setups outside of 1h+quiver, which is the exception in that you can strafe-weave a little quicker.

1 Like

Thanks, just tried it out and the strafe weaving feels similar. For whatever reason though the setup with crossbow is weaker than Vallas, even though on paper the HA damage is like 25% higher. I’m not sure I fully understand it, but it’s back to Vallas for me.

I’m with you. I have a primal helltrapper and only an ancient Vallas. The helltrapper has nice rolls on it (capped dmg obviously, % dmg, dex, vit) and I still feel like the ancient Vallas performs better.

So:

1. 2H Crossbow + Quiver : Use 37 Overall IAS or slightly more to reach 9FPS-Strafepoint - best overall dmg = have 20 IAS on Quiver and a + 7 % Ias - Roll on 1 Armorpiece , Jewlery or Crossbow

2. 1H + 1H : Use Vallas as one weapon and dont worry about BP

3. 1H + Quiver: Use Vallas as one weapon but skip Speedpylons

4. Bow + Quiver: Use a Quiver with less than 19 IAS and remove all Paragon-Points from IAS in the Offense Tab to reach 9 FPS

When you use 1h crossbow as your main weapon, you want to go for 2.1429 APS, 6 FPA Strafe breakpoint to minimize the 4p proc delay as much as possible even if you’re already using Valla.

This way you will be at 2.5001, 5 FPA Strafe breakpoint with Speed Pylon that further reduces the possible delay between 4p procs.

Only skip Speed Pylons when you use 2h crossbows or bows.

Haha, i have to disagree here xD.

Also skip Speedpylons if you use 1h+ Quiver as the High AS will drown your hatred so fast that you cant do anything anymore

As long as there are enemies, you won’t run out of hatred. For optimal damage output and knocking down Waller affix you shouldn’t skip Speed Pylons when using 1h, but it’s up to you.

1 Like

I just want to add one thing, because people keep skipping it.

It is possible to reach the break point with a 1 hand x-bow (Dawn) and shield. So if you feel squishy with Valla’s and Dawn and choose to wield Fortress Ballista. If that’s what you’re doing, then switch out Ballista for a shield.

You’ll meet the magic breakpoint, as well as have almost the same toughness that you would with Ballista. With a shield, you can roll Reduce Damage from Elites on it. So say if you have 11% on your chest piece and on your shield, You’ll have 20.79% Reduced Damage from Elites which is principally the same you’d get from a Fortress in addition to Block Chance and increased Armor.

I’m just saying, it is feasible to go that route. My best with Dawn and Ballista in Non-Season is 132 in non season, I’ve beat the same Grift with Dawn and shield. So it is an option.

3 Likes

I think point number 3 needs to be emphasized more by the community. I had a primal K’Mar Tenclip drop from the same RG as my primal Dawn (I know, I know), but it sat in my stash until today because I thought it was suboptimal in pretty much all situations compared to Valla’s and Fortess Ballista. Now that I know I can swap to Rocket Storm to achieve a similar benefit to using Valla’s, I can relax on the weapon grind some. An extra viable weapon? Yes please!

Edit: Aaaand then a near-godly ancient Valla’s dropped to show me the error of my ways. While Tenclip gives a bit of a movement speed boost with Rocket Storm in my bar instead of Drifting Shadow, I’ll be sporting the Valla’s for the extra damage bonus. But the Tenclip will still be useful during speed runs.