[Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics

Reality says otherwise… but nice try

9 Likes

Can’t really call yourself good at the game if you use cheats though.

9 Likes

If its true that Eggman is lifetime banned from all blizzard games for this, then this is ridiculous and a pathetic reaction from Blizzard…

Regardless, they stated in their s19 post describing the seasonal buff the following statement:

“This Season, we’re taking action on the great feedback we received from the community about Season 18’s Triune buff. With the killstreak mechanic, we can make sure the benefit is always traveling with you and something you won’t have to constantly reposition for. There’s still more room for exploration and innovation in the future, and in the meantime, we challenge you to push these killstreaks to their limits and discover its ultimate reward! We think you’ll find it devilishly delightful.”

Lets look at a few key bits here:

• "we can make sure the benefit is always traveling with you" - This says the buff stays with you ALWAYS… so how is this an exploit?
  • "we challenge you to push these killstreaks to their limits and discover its ultimate reward" - They literally ask the player base to explore the limits of the seasonal buff… apparently the “Ultimate Reward” is being perma-banned…

The term “Exploit” is vague and can often be used by developers to try to hide or cover their mistakes… I have a lot of respect for Blizzard and have for years, but this just seems a bit wrong… the retaliation almost reminds me of the Blitzchung incident…

Dont ask us to explore the limits of poorly implemented, untested systems if this is the result.

13 Likes

Or blizzard could test thier own games. They put this content live. If its anyone faults its theirs. I mean hell S19 describes :

“This Season, we’re taking action on the great feedback we received from the community about Season 18’s Triune buff. With the killstreak mechanic, we can make sure the benefit is always traveling with you and something you won’t have to constantly reposition for. There’s still more room for exploration and innovation in the future, and in the meantime, we challenge you to push these killstreaks to their limits and discover its ultimate reward ! We think you’ll find it devilishly delightful.”

THEY put this in THEIR game and get mad when people use it to there advantage. If they dont want people doing it, then fine, but in the end they released this patch with the statement I quoted above telling people to do this kind of stuff. There is no need for this guy to be banned for doing what I quoted above.

8 Likes

Thanks for fixing this so quickly.

May I ask why there Seemingly isn’t much concern for botting in D3. Some of those leaderboard toons have been played 20-23 hours a day.

Really stinks for players that really play their accounts and try to excel.

I guess I just can’t understand why there isn’t an algorithm set to run a sweep once a day randomized. Seems like a very simple resolve to an ongoing issue.

Just my humble opinion

1 Like

Nice post, but until I see these with 20+ hour a day accounts banned, I am not buying it.

3 Likes

I would love to see any of you people copy that run. Even without having to think up the clever strategy beforehand.

Reported, I did not write that. Can’t even say if the false quote is offensive.

This really needs to be addressed. But since it is completely correct and factual but goes against their bs narrative I won’t hold my breath.

3 Likes

I don’t think they would do this but if someone has proof please post it. People who real money trade multiple times usually get 6 month bans, and that’s way worse than an arguable exploit.

You might have a point if he did not abuse it. Let him post a video of how he did it. Hop in a GR, show that you can pull in the streak from outside the GR and then leave the game. Doing full GR150 clears to get onto the boards is not testing, it is using exploits.

Look did blizzard say we could not do what he did? NO. Ive seen the video and honestly all it is, is a clever use of game mechanics the DEVS put in THEIR game and told us to push the boundaries using this seasons buff. Just because blizzard does a crap job coding and testing their game, how is it out fault? This guy did what blizzard told us to do and blizzard does what blizzard does best…Screw the people who support their company but still havent done anything about the bots. They keep saying they are going to but all they are is just talk. They will do a ban wave here and there and with in 20 minutes, someone is going to alter some code so the bot works again and then we are back at square one.

3 Likes

Patch 2.6.7b is now live, which addresses the abusive use of game mechanics. Since this is a super small patch, patch notes are available in the usual Patch Note module in the launcher, on the website, and here on the forums.

Thanks for your patience while we worked as quickly as possible to deploy this fix!

8 Likes

i want to believe you patched and banned the players who bugged game difficulty too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJhZe9d_dwk&t=189s

5 Likes

This has been in the game as long as T16 has existed. I honestly don’t think its detrimental to anything whatsoever, and I do believe that the torment you can powerlevel on (without glitching) should have been raised as new difficulties were introduced. I think it is overall just an issue that isn’t important for them to fix.

1 Like

I couldn’t and wouldn’t copy that run in 1000 Attempts. I never claimed to be so “clever” and, more to the point, I would get no satisfaction from cheating my way to the top. I also don’t associate with people who would help me do this.
Let’s not ignore the fact that this guy has used macros for a long time. Since star pact has been around we’ve seen him amongst other streamers using macros for even the simple rotations (firebirds, tal, LoN, reverse bazooka are all relatively easy with some practice) not to mention the utter joke that bazooka has become with the failed fix. I would challenge all the people who think he is some Diablo god to consider how he uses ONE keystroke to perform an insane rotation. This is considered cheating. There is no misunderstanding or twisting words here.
Ive tried bazooka last season, but struggled with the timing and gave up. I’m more comfortable on a pull barb. however I know 4 people personally who could hit it manually last season. His rotation is 100% macro and I can’t fathom how he has such a following for using shameful tactics.
Quite likely he’s used thud and more than likely bounty bots. I’d rather maintain my sense of achievement for clearing lower but using legit tactics.
Yes he’s becoming the face of Blizzards wrath, but he was rubbing their noses in it for many seasons using cheats on stream. I’m surprised and disappointed this didn’t happen sooner. Bots, thud and macros are a huge reason why I don’t feel much motivation to play. There is no place for legit players anymore.

11 Likes

After reviewing the video, I do not see any instance of exploiting or cheating. I just see a poorly designed mechanic being used to its fullest. I would actually consider rewarding this player for finding the bug. Punishing these players so severely makes no sense to me since he’s harming no one, D3 is not an MMO, what he does in his own game is his own business. I’d sooner delete the leaderboards (pointless really) and just let players do whatever they want to do within the confines of the rules of the game.

Severe over-reaction.

5 Likes

I don’t know you and are not trying to personally attack you. You may be a fine person that is in every other way an upstanding person.

The attitude in this post is one of the great cancers of gaming (hrm…modern big business as well…wonder if that has any correlation). It needs to be rebutted and excised at every opportunity.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why people are arguing it’s not an exploit. It’s Blizzard’s game and they call the shots. That’s another aspect of how Big Business works that people don’t seem to like unless they’re part of it…

(Angry Gamerboys, don’t bother replying, I’ve already muted this thread xx)

Gotta love people who cant defend their own opinions. Blizzard specifically said in their own blog post to push the limits of the season buff. Hey people did and blizzard didnt like it. Its not our fault they cant code a game and test its features like they did 20+ years ago before companies got cheap and decided to let the public do their testing. I mean they dont test this game at all and every time they patch something, it breaks the game. Heck I was reading something earlier while at work saying this new patch broke something else. They cant touch this game with out breaking it. But thats besides the point right now. They should not be banning or punishing people for using the MECHANICS THEY PUT IN GAME AND THEN TOLD US TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES WITH IT. If they wanna take them off the leader boards for doing it, fine but they dont deserve to be banned.

3 Likes

https://prnt.sc/q9mzgy