[Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics

In what way does this guy playing in his own private room with his friends affect you or your game or anyone else’s? It doesn’t, it’s Diablo, it’s not an MMO or a competitive multiplayer ranked game where cheating is meant to gain an advantage in a competition over others. This is simply someone having fun on their own in their own way. Who cares!

If this was an MMO and his exploit was causing major harm to other players and their enjoyment of the game that’s fine. If he was using bots or hacks or external software - then sure, ban away.

I fail to see what difference there is between doing this or just using any of the 10,000 other ways to optimize performance in ways Blizzard didn’t intend. In fact, I’d argue that it is the antithesis of the Diablo series itself to limit all possible playstyles to only what Blizzard deems is acceptable.

He did not employ any other mechanisms other than what the game afforded him. Therefore, since the fault lies squarely in Blizzard’s hands for implementing the buff poorly, and then failing to stop deployment of the season upon learning of this exact “exploit” until it was fixed - seems like perhaps it is Blizzard who is over-reacting with this punishment rather than owning up to their own negligence.

I contend that there was no issue with this until someone complained - though I still fail to see how someone playing in their own private instance with their friends harms me or anyone else in any way.

2 Likes

The punishment meted out on Eggman is way harsher than those on botters.

Botters : 1 account banned.
Eggman showing why a game without proper PTR should not go live : All accounts banned.

Nevertheless, we know Eggman didnt exploit to get ahead of others. He merely wanted to tell the folks at Blizzard to "not do it again’; to have a proper PTR.

4 Likes

Lol sure. And make money on twitch doing it as well as using cheats (macros) on stream. If the punishment is what people have said, it’s very harsh, but you cannot say this guy is a legit player even outside of the exploit. So he got banned for using the exploit- good cos he should have been banned long ago for macros, botting, thud…
If he’s such a hero like people are claiming, why not do a recorded, off stream clear and send it to blizz? They absolutely need to test their game. The seasonal buff is utter eye cancer and a horrible mechanic. However, instead of reporting the exploit he giggles about it and shows everyone how to do it. There is no defence. Cheated. Banned. Good.

2 Likes

Can you comment on whether or not the hacks and cheats punishments will apply to console cheaters? The obvious and flagrant use of 3rd party software is rampant. I am not refering to obvious hacked items with 3 sockets (though they are cheaters) but to save wizard which gives console players thesame effect as botters from pc.

1 Like

A streamer exploiting the PTR is helping the devs…

While I agree if someone was Modifying the game which you cant do, afaik, or perhaps botting, though I will admit I do have friends from twitch I know bot and this games populace is pretty low-- ok bad argument… I know people that used to bot that don’t bot anymore and banning someone based on Hardware seems a bit severe if were talking perma ban… Id be down for 30 day suspensions…

But what Man did is not something I would even think Blizz would consider banning his alt account for – BTW that is his main SC account, he just wasnt on his main HC account also, someone in HC would’ve told him to cut it out I’d assume.

Botting is worse than what Egg did… He did something stupid that has a big impact on the season more than it was an exploit in the classic fashion… this didnt require much absurdities to pull off- though as I have said before I feel like Dev team/Nev have made changes to implicitly derail kill streak rewards from outside GR’s to work inside, which combined with having other people help in solo GR is breaking its way into solid suspension or account closure of said account used.

Overwatch uses hardware UUID strictly for Hacks/Aimbots which I see as one of the most despicable cheats- That is a strictly PvP game which has a League attached to it where players make… players are prob the only people making money lol-- aimhack/wallhack would be similar to having like townkill still around in diablo…

1 Like

Ok lets not take someone doing a 150 GR solo with ZDPS tank gear clear as similar to using the T16 powerlevel which is literally just the save game mechanic… the entirety of the leveling process including the initial leveling process while I actually do enjoy it or did… is peanuts when compared to ruining the LBs…

@nevalistis here’s some other big ones to just get them outta the way, the bone ringer could have been stacking similar to the way it was initially exploited in Leorics passage - AKA never falls off as long as you dont recommand for the duration of the GR, but in the way which we didnt know about until this season

Thats 1 ^ big one…

another one…

wont expand on what you can do with this but it can be misused in hc this season to pk - necro with a certain skill on going into brawling - this is related to leveling fast initially but can have affects in other areas of the game… if you dont know about this I suggest you email me or msg me or talk to the officers in my clan Or any of the big boys in EU.

Oh a Classic one, that still works, I cant even consider an exploit anymore cuz its been around for so many seasons is you can get more leg drops by going to town on certain torments per a certain GR level… this is very widely known, nothing been done about it.

anyway obv being vague on purpose… so msg me if you want to know more –

Also… Buff Fist of Az Nerf Uliannas , the only Damage boosted is DoT’s other that TR cause of how quick new set falls off… no one using new monk set, make EP decent, everybody and mother play new set

I don’t really care about the guy but it seem to me he got greedy by taking his own work in abit nonchalant way. GR150 solo supposed to be a red border for him for sure, cuz that’s showing the way to botters for exp gain but Blizzard are the ones who scaled this crap up to quadrillions and gave such overpowered utilities this season. Crusader doing GR147 solo wasn’t right at the first place.
May be twitch banned him, which is really unheard a stream site acting way before the gaming company but think twice before destroying his game licence too.

Secondly, what took you so long to announce a stance against third party overlays? People been ALWAYS complaining about high level players don’t accept you if you don’t use such software.
That only means you made combat at high scaled GRs a periodical mess that players are looking way to optimize randomization and lag, so they wouldn’t waste their 15 minutes from their lifetime because someone slipped.

Want to pull really competitive fellows to the Diablo 3 for feeding other Blizzard games’ playerbase? There are better ways than forcing us in a yardstick with alternate being repetitive chores at the speed of light.
Reward gap between tasks, repetitive chores, loss of community interaction, abruptly cut loothunt to switch for GR grinding, removal of skill play made this game nothing beyond a time sink.

Lesson here should be how development went overboard with difficulty scaling to the point of creating an elitistic cast rank in a non-competitive game at heart and went with a goofy season theme that they can not control, nor tested properly.
Lesson is NOT “we banned an exploiter so everyone can go home now”.

1 Like

Ehh, I only wanted to eat him because he’s an eggman. I like eating things. Except bugs. Eww. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are the Eggmen. Whoo!
I am the Walrus!
Ko ca Chu!

1 Like

Are the above actions only for EU and America Servers?
Nothing on Asia servers?

mb he got banned on both diablo accts, only friended to his hc and he did go onto OW yesterday

Yup what about Asia servers ?

3 barb and 1 necro clear 150 with this Exploit and didn’t get remove.

1 Like

Why would you decide 9 years into a pretty dead game to start banning people for THUD it makes no sense unless you want to lose 3/4 of the players you actually still have, unless that is your end game get more people to quit. Stop acting like you care about D3 Blizzard when was the last meaning content you made to this game? I get you want to get rid of BOTTERS and i agree but seriously why are people so butt hurt about THUD lol

You have made zero UI changes to this game, is sad really how little you actually care about this game. I mean i need a spreadsheet just to figure out what I’m missing from my cube and i still have no way of looking at an item in my inventory and telling if its ancient or a normal legendary i have to scroll over everything to see. You know botting isn’t allowed in wow either but addon are, plenty of overlays in that game what is the issue here with you blizzard?

3 Likes
  1. Using it is against the Terms of Service.
  2. It’s a blatant maphack and cheat tool.

Every single person using it should be banned on the spot. Doesn’t matter if it eliminates 1%, 2%, 10%, 50% or 99% of the playerbase. Using it is cheating and all cheaters should be banned.

8 Likes

I’m agree for Bot but i’m not 100% for THUD , some adds on THUD are pretty cool to use and not even considering as a cheat if it was then why Matthew said this

TurboHud has some cool features, but on the other hand, has some features that give players more of an advantage.

2 Likes

Good riddance to cheaters.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if has some “cool functions”. The way how THUD works is alone enough to make using it against the ToS. The cheat features make it worse.

4 Likes

Just saying that asking a ban for using THUD is stupid compare to what bot are doing every season since so many years and people who abuse to macro.

And for now it’s impossible for blizzard to ban THUD user because of the EU Law the only way they can do it’s find howto disable him or take some cool feature and put them into the game

Here is the problem and why action should be taken.
Your hyperbole that there will only be 5 players left after banning THUD is not convincing and irrelevant. I do not know what percent of the playerbase cheats (bots/THUD).

If it is a small percent, who cares if there is a slight reduction in the playerbase.

If it is 50% of the playerbase, there will still be available public games to join and to join “friends” in game who follow the rules.

If it is 90% of people ban, I’ll gladly play with the 10% left and feel honored to be among the select minority with integrity.

8 Likes

yeah make a buff they know is op and change mid season when it was tested as too op but never fix.So how is it cheating if they make the buff saying it has a timer of stacks that could go to 1000 if you kill mobs as you go? Now you will never see much more than 250 per room because the stacks will go off in next map–brilliant-get a clue.

1 Like