[Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics

Thanks for the update. I am thankful you guys are on this. As someone who speaks with hundreds of D3 players today many were upset about the Egg guy who was banned hope his punishment isnt too insane but obviously this is a Major issue. Thanks for all the hard work ! Nevalistis & D3 Team

Blizz, why ban people for using TH when the author of that software already stated on his main download page :

Since TurboHUD was introduced I havenā€™t got any notification from Blizzard regarding TurboHUD. Active Diablo 3 players posted multiple questions on official battle.net forums asking for an official statement without any clear conclusion. When a statement from Blizzard /or a legal C&D letter/ forbids the release of TurboHUD then it will be immediately removed from the Internet and the development will be halted.

Just send him a legal letter. That 's it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s once again the big excuse people try to use to defend TurboHUD.

It doesnā€™t matter what the THUD author says. Blizzard has forbidden the use of any third partty software like overlays. Thereā€™s basically no need for Blizzard to send any legal letter as it should be very obvious the use of such software is considered cheating. Blizzard can and should punish one way or another people using such software.

1 Like

It isnā€™t that easy not to use the rediculous overpowered season buff. There are several things in the game that just feel ā€œwrongā€, e.g. iirc official legitimized animation canceling. If I want to avoid all these mechanics, I would have to stop playing D3.

Since you arenā€™t able to clearly identify all of the current exploiters, how about resetting the ladder? Ofc, pain for all legit players they were able to step into these ladders. But certainly the better way to keep the rankings ā€œcleanā€.

Next point - season buff and its power. You just fixed the one-shot issue that we have seen on PTR. No it was not ok, that angels were able to kill a rift guardian instandly regardless of the difficulty. But now it is ok, that they are able to kill the RG within 10 seconds? Are you serious? Oo

To achieve stacks for the season buff outside a GR is considered as an exploit. Ok, thats fine and means there is something wrong with this game. But on the other hand we encounter some strange behaviors of the game, e.g. loosing charges of some skills after starting a GR or donā€™t get a rest on second life passive, if it was on its cooldown right befor starting the GR. What about these issues?

2 Likes

They banned his main aswell. And he got a lifetime ban from ALL blizzard games.

2 Likes

It was insane, lifetime ban from all blizzard games :slight_smile:

3 Likes

good stuff and rightly, he prob thought that they wouldnā€™t touch his main acct. let this be a warning to other players that cheat on alt accounts

3 Likes

I assume you were kicked b/c you did a bad job and not for not using THud. Donā€™t get me wrong. I know what you mean. But at least, the problem you described is way more complex than just pointing on THud as source of all evil.

ā€¦ to disable that BS season buff ā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

Whatā€™s the address? :slight_smile:

You mean what if you die until red?Hmmm,i suggest to rematch or lower the difficult.This is a good idea prevent player from ā€œleechā€ at higher rift.It may also help to increase the challenge at greater rift.To those who forget to repair their gear before rift?Maybe suggestion when player enter greater rift,gear will be automatic repair.

I can assure thats not the case here. You quote part of my post just to prove your point. But i said specifically that iā€™ve been told itā€™s because lack of thud. Iā€™ve been in top 12 (mostly mid season) many times so i kinda know what iā€™m doing (not a pro but still not a weekend player).

Many times when i join group, first question that i get is ā€œdo you use thud?ā€. If i say ā€œnoā€ iā€™m out. And i even have few screenshots to prove it. Thats how communities work these days. You either use thud or play alone.

Iā€™m not saying that itā€™s the case 100% of the time. But thats how it looks more than 80% of the time when i play supports. Especially when i play higher GRs. Not the case when i play dmg dealer tho.

Thud have some quality of life features, i admit. But maphack is still a cancer. So it should be banned.

3 Likes

Yes, as I said, youā€™re right. The reason you were kicked in this specific case, was, that the other players didnā€™t believe that it is possible to play competitively w/o THud. So they decided to skip all players without to prevent trouble in the rift. Thatā€™s stupid - but no THud issue. :slight_smile:

The company knew about it going out of ptr, I saw several threads about it still being do able.

I donā€™t know the guy, and I consider streamers to be a fancy version of a panhandler. I. E. a low life. That being said it should have been a temp on the accounts that used the exploit. This smacks of knee jerk spite punishment.

Unless the company put new servers into operation thud and those other programs arenā€™t going anywhere. Just more empty threats. Had to go legal with Bossland because the hacks team for wow wasnā€™t able to keep up. Hopefully they learned their lesson in deployment of D4.

1 Like

Dudeā€¦chill?!

Blizzard allways were ever against itā€¦this is nothing new and this post isnā€™t a big gamechanger now.

We want to see actions not just words.

As for Worlf of Warcraft they heavily fight against these programmers and publishers of hacks etc.
For classic, they were victims of DDOS attacks and they stopped it. Publishers might go to jail or will suffer a huge amount of financial penalty.

These are the things i want to see happening.

It doesnā€™t matter if Diablo isnā€™t a permanent money maker like those subscribtions for wow, but it is the same forge behind it and Blizzard itself said, that each Blizzard game will get the same treatment of quality.

And to point on THā€¦ if their systems canā€™t detect the use of TH, actions will never occur.
Thatā€™s why they may need to stop the use in a different approach.

Iā€™m sure Blizzard is hoping you will forget all this when the next Diablo is released ā€¦ How they did nothing against the cheaters for quite some time.

2 Likes

Hey,

i am totally fine with fixing this exploit and clearing the leaderboard. But banning people for an exploit that was already mentioned on the ptr feels a bit strange. Bazooka Wizard is also some kind of exploit, but no one got banned for this the last 4 seasons. LoN spiritbarage WD is also not game intended, but no bans. For hellfire amulett exploit people got banned however. And for fraitly/marked for death-exploit there were only temporally bans. Hard to decided whats allowed and what isnt.

And concerning bans for botting: If u are going to ban botters, plz ban all (or at least as close to all possible) botters and not only the botters that are ranked high in leaderboards.
Feels strange for me if people get banned for botting 12 hours per day (playing 12 hours on their own), but many others who bot 24 hours per day get away with it. If u really want to show some transparency and integrity ban all botters and dont just make an example on a small group.

Thx and have a nice day

3 Likes

I am chill trust me. Canā€™t say that about Thud users.

Thanks for the communication Nev, and thank you for dealing with this trash players accordingly.

1 Like

everyone that isnā€™t trash tier uses turbohud and simple mouse macrosā€¦ lets be realā€¦

1 Like