[Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics

That also hypothetically begs the question of which is better? A 10,000 regular player base of where possibly as many as 85% cheat either with bots, macros and a maphack, or 1,000 that won’t?
Personally, I prefer the latter because what you see in any public result is a true result, but it all depends on the M.O of whomever calls the banning shots. There are rumours on Reddit and all over the place of some top level players and even streamers using them. It’s hearsay and conjecture, but if it is all found to be true, some of those players are well known. It would be ugly if it was true.

What in the world are you smoking?

7 Likes

This is ridiculous.
The devs say that this buff stays with you ALWAYS, and CHALLENGE people to push the limits (Read the literal description of the seasonal theme from the S19 initial patch notes)… Explain how what Eggman did was even an exploit? And dont talk about the people helping group the mobs, he could have done that himself. And your going as far as to say legal action. This is actually laughable.

You people are lighting your torches losing your minds. 90% of the comments on this thread arent even about this issue, they are pointed at botting and thud. Which to me shows blind agreement on the topic in hopes that it will leverage push towards a totally separate topic they consider to be similar.

Yea he streamed it… people stream playing bazooka all the time, which blizzard literally stated “does not work as they intended”, which by their definition is an exploit. How is this different? Its not. Its sad to me how they will pull out their “exploit” card whenever its convenient.

By the way im not defending Eggman. The guy participated in a lot more shady things than this. What im defending is all players of this game who are apparently at risk of being banned for literally playing the game.

Beware gamers, tread lightly with the next seasonal theme. You might be “exploiting” and not even know it.

4 Likes

I’m absolutely certain that if I deliberately and repeatedly utilised something from outside of a Greater Rift whilst inside a Greater Rift, I’d know that would be an exploit, which is precisely why I’d never do it.

4 Likes

Have you ever acquired Pools of Reflection prior to closing a GR to increase your XP gain? If so then you have “utilized* something from outside of a Greater Rift whilst inside a Greater Rift.”

4 Likes

The XP buff from pools of reflection is directly intended to carry over between every area until you use it all or die. It was made that way on purpose. The big difference is that it does not grant any POWER during that GR run so won’t impact ranking or LBs.

Buffs that grant power are not supposed to carry over into the GR.

3 Likes

Is funny to see your try to excuse that kind of behavior. Please continue…

i know that a lot of you live in a black or white world.

I get that anyone who is cheating in any way for any reason should be banned permanently.

However, how do you make a rule for something that has essentially never been policed for more than 5 years?

How do you start enforcing something that the company knew was being used by some of their mvp’s?

How do you enforce something that a tremendous amount of the end game upper tier gaming community “competitive” use as a standard of play?

These are all things why we have judges and why there are varying degrees of punishment.

The whole picture needs to be taken into account.

This is not black or white. Neither are regular trials for breaking the law in most countries that are “felonies”. There is always individual case discretion involved.

I will tell you what I would do. I would roll some of the UI features into the base game on the Blizzard end. They have done that for quite a few WoW addons that gave huge QOL boosts.

I would break, if possible, the parts that Blizz does not want abused (map hacks?). AND issue a solid warning to the community.

After that, suspensions. Further, offenses? Longer suspensions? Bans?

3 Likes

I’m on the same page MissCheetah.

I would incorporate what was important, warn, and then start permabanning.

I know blizzard needs to try to uphold a zero tolerance foundation, but this case is unique for many reasons. I do think after a warning and maybe at the end of the season at swapover with a grace period (1-2 weeks), I would hit hard with a ban hammer. Make the announcement at the end of the season and at the beginning of the season on the patch notes etc / news webpage.

So this you actually can reply on. Wow, clap clap!

Now please answer Savage’s statement about bazooka macros as well.
I assume this will be fun to read IF a reply is even given…

You people act like politicians on these forums, literally ignoring everything that makes you uncomfortable to answer. Shame!

3 Likes

I don’t work for Blizzard and don’t represent them. MVPs are other players who have been around a lot and tend to have a fair bit of info about the Support features, Tech issues, game setup/guide, general policies, resources, etc.

I am not uncomfy. I simply don’t know the answer. I don’t play Wizard and am not familiar with the build in question or what people have been doing with it.

The general rule is that if a macro automates gameplay then, if detected, it would be grounds for account penalties.

An example of something that could be penalized is setting up a macro to chain together keypress 1, 2, 3, etc. that you can’t normally do with in-game controls.

One keypress = one in-game action per game client is the rule of thumb.

My statement goes for every green & blue posts in these forums.
Feel targeted as you like to butter up for the blue ones.

I know what a macro are, no need to explain it to me.

3 Likes

So you don’t really want an answer about Macros then.

:salt::salt::popcorn::popcorn:

The rule existed during the entire time. Lack of enforcement of the rule does not mean the rule does not exist or that it will never be enforced.

It is the ethical man who does right when faced with a temptation to do wrong that has no enforcement consequences.

This is 100% true. I have never used it, nor any other software, in conjunction with D3.

There is a reason they usually post warnings when they make major enforcement changes. We have them near speed zones or on the overhead highway boards - to remind folks things will be enforced that maybe were not before.

While nobody HAS to get a warning, and this thread alone can be considered one, Phatty has a point.

Some of the THUD warnings have been obscure, but we have been receiving warnings. For example, I try to post something like this every time the this topic comes up to make sure forum members realize that the developers have not been silent on this issue.

1 Like

Agree, a lot have been said.
But words and actions are two completely different things.

And if actions were taken, the cheaters would not have increased in numbers.
Which they have, rapidly.

2 things:

First point is pretty obvious, IMO. The reason why Blizzard is more active is because D4 has been announced and they are trying to rebuild broken bridges. It isn’t all that different from when D3 was announced (aside from broken bridges). When D3 became obvious, D2 received attention after many years. Synergy, removal of Iron Maiden and all. The renewed interest in communicating with the Diablo community is the same — it’s because a new Diablo product is in the horizon. Btw, there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m just saying.

Second point is pretty obvious to me. The reason why “advertising” an exploit is worse than botting… is as follow:

When you bot, you risk getting yourself banned, and the few others you may influence into botting as well. When you advertise exploits, you encourage others to do it. You encourage others to get banned. Your actions have way more consequences.

To use a rather distasteful example, someone who advertise exploits is similar to someone selling drugs to kids. They push others down the wrong path. People who stream exploits are like that — they push others to try it, and in turn, may get others in their circle to try it — and many of them may end up banned for cheating. While everyone is responsible for their own actions, the “pusher” “pushed” many people down the wrong path.

To be short: Yes, a perma ban is well warranted. People who push exploits into others need to be purged.

2 Likes

I’ve never used a botting program, THUD or any other cheat feature. Give me a proper reason not to flag your for insulting me. What makes you think I’m botting or hiding something?

I want cheaters banned, temporary or permanently. Doesn’t matter how they cheat, they all need to be punished.

3 Likes