Unplayable Latency

I bought all D3 and all the extra content because i haven’t played D3 on my comp for years. Tried playing it and im experiencing HORRID lag spikes of 1-2k+ and rubber-banding…i cant play the game…the lag is so bad…i want to play D3 so badly though.

Hey Omezo,

We can definitely try and help you figure out what’s causing the connection lag in your case. Have you tried any of the Diablo 3 Latency Troubleshooting yet?

I’d recommend running a WinMTR as well and posting that so we can see how the connection is performing while you’re experiencing the issue.

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Right-click on the downloaded .zip folder and select “Extract All”, to extract the files to a new folder.
  3. Open the new folder that was created, then open the WinMTR_x64 folder.
  4. Right-click on the WinMTR application and select “Run as administrator”.
  5. Type the IP address 24.105.30.129 in the “Host” field.
  6. Click on “Start” and then launch the game. Allow the test to run for at least 10 minutes. Click on “Stop” when you’re done playing after you have experienced the latency or connection issue.
  7. Click on “Copy Text to Clipboard”, paste the results here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow links.

Hello.
I am having the same issues. Diablo 3 is unplayable due to lag problems.
I also play The Division 2 and GTA Online without any problem at all.
It is only in Diablo where I am having these issues.

These problems have aggravated since last 2 maintenances the game did in a row.

And also the game disconnects all the time.

Any solution? Thank you

i have same problem . i cant play anymore diablo 3. there we see , so laggy and unplayable game . there is still no patch to fix this problem . Blizzard is awesome thank you.

1 Like

hi,
First, do not waste your time sending mtr, it is clear that the problem is with blizzard servers.

Secondly I play on the European server and I have the same problem. The servers are unplayable from a certain time and this every season for a very long time.

Thirdly, Blizzard will do nothing except waste your time with tests that will lead to nothing.

Try a vpn like exit lag is the only solution to play in good conditions.
If not, maybe one day we will have servers that will support the rush of players.

In other words, the blizzard servers are bad and they blame the players’ access providers.
Most players have no ping / latency issues with other games, which is proof that diablo 3 servers are bad.

A patch will not be able to correct aging servers, they would have to renew their infrastructure.

6 Likes

using VPN dont fix blizzard servers.
it fix only one thing — your Internet service provider (isp) traffic route to the blizzard servers. so… log donned by WinMTR may bring some light in to the case…

Hi,
My ping is normal from morning until around 6:00 pm without vpn afterwards it is unplayable without vpn, by setting the vpn my ping becomes normal again.
By doing a mtr we can see that it is the servers based in Holland that are causing problems. My connection does not change between morning and evening. we can see that at 6 p.m. the rush of players is too important and the servers are saturated.

When my ping is high in diablo i switch other games and latency is normal…

Those blizzard ip are the problem on european servers
ae1-br02-eqpa4.as57976. net
More than 50% packet loss after 6:00pm
During the morning all is normal.

2 Likes

Absolutely same bs here at my side. Same 137.221.65.xx servers. And also after 6-7 P.M. and ~ till 11 p.m. Unplayable. Please fix those servers or contact the people in charge

hey ,

It is clear that with all the players complaining around the world, we should all review our connections lol.
It’s funny how the problem has been going on for so many years I would even say it’s surreal.
Every start of the season is the same story.
Not to mention the problems of freeze / crash on windows / unexpected errors
That last since the release of patch 2.6.10.
I prefer to stop there because I’m going to get rude…

4 Likes

It makes enough difference in the ping between playable and unplayable. I can easily see an improvement of 30-50ms, depending on which country/city I connect to.

But that’s only if there’s no constant spikes going on. I mean if you’re getting an average ping of 500+ms and connecting to VPN lowers it to 450ms - that’s still unplayable.

And it’s definitely not worth wasting money on VPN for just one crappy game, when it’s painfully obvious how cheap Blizzard’s servers are.

True, but it also proves that the issue is with the route the traffic is taking rather than the destination the traffic’s going to. In a route of 20-30 hops between your PC and Blizzard’s servers, a couple will be in your house, a few will be your ISP, a handful are Blizzard’s network edge / internal servers, the rest are all outside the purview and responsibility of your ISP and Blizzard.

Thanks for reminding me why I had Adblocked you for the longest time - recently I had to reinstall and block everyone again from scratch.

I merely explained that the problem can’t be with the destination if the latency / lag experienced varies depending on which route is taken to get to it.

If making factual statements about how internet routing works, in the Technical Support forum, is enough for you to block me, so be it.

Of course yes the problem is destination(blizzard servers), by varying the route it is possible to improve the ping to reach the destination (server blizzard). But if the destination has a rush of players (from a certain time) and it congests the traffic, it is normal to have stratospheric latency.

Having done a lot of winmtr I can say that there are 12 nodes to reach the blizzard servers located in Holland. From morning to 6:00 p.m. there is nothing wrong. From 6:00 p.m. we can clearly see that the 11 and 12 nodes are saturated the pings are not stable at all with rises to more than 4000ms.

From my home 1st node to the 10th there is nothing abnormal. And I repeat that when the latency is the highest on diablo 3 I will play other games and I have no latency problem. But when i come back diablo 3 just to check the ping is still high. And suddenly after around midnight when I reconnect the ping is like magic back to normal(when most players are disconnected)

1 Like

Hi quick example of how servers are laggy in EU at certain hours
Each packs we have lag spikes, makes the game unplayable.
Team has no Area Damage of course

Need any MTR or traceroute to see whats going on lol

1 Like

I was reminiscing about Diablo II with some friends and reinstalled Diablo 3 to scratch that itch. The lag in SINGLEPLAYER made the game unplayable. Glad I was reminded what a garbage company blizzard is before we wasted money on the Diablo II rehash, I’d almost forgotten that they don’t want my business.

This game is one of worst optimization ive ever seen. Frezzes. lag, rubberbanding, you name it…

A post was split to a new topic: BlackJacketW - Latency problem in Diablo 3