Unknown GoD6 - Balance Breaking Bug

DM, There’s a new 144 clr in 3 mins with a normal dawn on main hand @ 2k Paragon. We know its NOT impossible, unless bugged mechanics on PTR.

If you checked both profile, both can not open a 144-146 GR. One’s best record all time all mode is GR 134, the other is GR12x… Impossible to access 144-146 GR.

Somebody else has to spawn the tier. Maybe display bug. Even if you leave in grp GR, it still registered as multiplayer clear, but missing the person left early.

1 Like

How is that posssible if we know that they already completed a 146? Their profile should say they completed a 146 unless their profile is slow to update…

After spending time thinking about it and discussing this with friends on stream, I suspect it was caused by an unintentional buff from a groupmate, who joined the public game after a solo grift started.

How could they get a buff from another player? Wouldn’t the buff expire when they got too far from the player in town? Are there buffs that stick around?

What kind of buff can give a 2k para … NORMAL weapon Dawn a 144 3 min clr? Unless Lies shadows reincarnated from PTR to live server.

What ever it is, investigation needed

1 Like

This is the mystery. Imagine the player’s follower had certain items equipped that inherited properties from a player outside of the grift. A sever/execution style debuff of some sort.

The obvious items were tested. The next step is to try and talk to these players and get an explanation if possible.

I certainly agree with you on that.

Why did they stop at GR 144, though? If they can do a 3 min 144, they should be able to run a 5-6 min 150.

Whatever it is, it must be tricky to pull off, or they would be at the top.

Someone with 3.2k paragon just did a 148 in under 12 minutes. Bane of the Powerful instead of Trapped or Stricken; Icy Trails rune on Strafe. Fascinating.

We’ll see a 150 by end of day at this rate.

Edit… they just clocked 150.

Second edit: it seems d3planner’s broken and can’t import characters right now so we can’t get a snapshot of what the follower’s using.

Obvious outliers. It’d be interesting to find out what it is before Blizz bans them. This person also did their 150 clear within a few minutes of their 148 - zero fishing, it would seem.
https://maxroll.gg/ranks/?lb-type=era&n=15&cores=sc,hc&types=dh&regions=us,tw,eu,cn&maxrows=1000

Over in the GD thread about this, Jazz noted this comment in Wudijo’s video on the subject:

This was my take on it:

This would explain the results fairly well. You basically do infinite damage, so you don’t need damage buffs. You have to know the bug is there, it’s not accidental (otherwise, why open a rift that high with that character). And, you also (probably) have to not quite know how to reproduce it, otherwise, why not just go to 150 right away?

So, sounds like maybe they just play till they find the bug, then everything dies. That 150 didn’t go down right away might be due to needing to find a 2-floor map, and produce the error on each floor, or something like that.

Of course, the other likely explanation is that they somehow figured out how to have a 2 or more person team play the rift, and then close it just as a single player. Then, all you need is one or more good Inna Monks with you. But, it would be strange that such a thing would only work with the GoD set.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

The accounts have quite low paragon so I’m assuming they’re doing it on throwaway accounts or they mainly play in another region (a good way to enhance any lag spikes… travel around the world).

My point is that the Escipión#11426 player seems to have done 150 right away with no fishing due to the very small time between their 148 clear and their 150 clear. Unless we’re talking cross-purposes here. The other curious result… the 144 in 3 minutes with 2.2k paragon probably hasn’t unlocked 150 yet.

A shame profiles and d3planner are broken.

Maybe I’ll try using US servers instead of AU/NZ servers and see if I can replicate the lag spikes. Or run 50,000 YouTube videos in the background.

I’m pretty sure the player who did 150 is also the one who did 146 yesterday… If so, maybe he couldn’t at first figure out how to replicate the result, but today he manufactured a method (50000 youtube videos, kicking his router, whatever) for introducing the de-sync.

Edit: yes, it’s definitely that same guy.

That definitely makes the pattern look like: first he notices the bug, then he figures out he can use it to clear absurdly high, then he figures out how to reproduce it.

1 Like

That’s just good testing! :smiley:

Problem not solved

Get up early this morning and found some 1min 150 clears… 33s 150 clear…

There are a bunch of severe bugs need to be fixed. Each of the bug is not an easy fix. That’s really a bad news to the d3 devs. Since the holidays are coming, and they still have to work desperately.

Anyhow, I don’t mind if they reset the ladder or even the entire season. That’s a hard decision.

BTW, I encountered severe lag issues. People said this is related to the God calc bug. Based on your guys’ discussion. I totally agree with this. That also means quite a lot of ppl are enjoying the bug.

1 Like

Yeah, a lot of people, particularly on the Chinese server, oddly. 99 of the top 100 for DH on Maxroll are on the China server, with the longest time being under 3:00!

I wonder if something about the architecture of the Chinese servers makes the exploit easier to reproduce.

It might be as simple as the exploit is published online in a language most English speakers can’t read.

2 Likes

I heard this issue related to server - client data transfer. As there were quite a lot of complains about the server deployment in China, I think it might be easier to reproduce. On the other hand, there are some streamers sharing the exploits, yet bliz didn’t have a blue to address the outcome of exploit this bug.
In short, the bug is easy to reproduce in high latency situation. As US server are good and not as many players as in China, so it is relatively safe.
But I do see high latency these two days in US server. That indicate more and more people are exploiting this bug.
It’s like the spread of COVID.

1 Like

The dumb thing about the exploit is it’s so obvious that they’ve used it. Ban the lot of them, I say. Clear violation of the Blizz EULA (Section C.ii.1):

Once they fix it, I’d love to know the full details of the exploit. Purely for curiosity’s sake.

2 Likes

I remember bliz banned a lot of account for exploiting hellfire bug many years ago. This bug is worse.

3 Likes